Well, that´s it. The current AI sucks.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ClayytonBR, May 16, 2016.

1. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    What? Which? That can't be right, I smell some cheating going on... ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Well...

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. ClayytonBR

ClayytonBR New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I don´t know if you´ve read my posts, but let me say again, even if you increase their aggression to 120, they´d never dare to overtake you, they´ll just stay as a freaking dumb line behind you. They´ll only overtake you if you spin or go out the track. If someone has the old R3E files, those from before the infamous March update, I´d buy it, just give me the account number and the price.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  4. digitizer

digitizer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    Maybe its car/track combo depended ? I probably race at Nordschleife and Spa with GT3, WTCC and FR2

5. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    They probably won't divebomb you (like in PC) but you sure can find pressure and have fun in R3E (at least I can, [maybe you're too fast for RaceRoom]). Please, watch this and tell me it "sucks", it's from a race last night P2 AI=107.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. ClayytonBR

ClayytonBR New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    [QUOTE="In the future, you'll probably get less negative feedback if you do some analysis and try to articulate what your specific issue is, rather than just moaning about how everything sucks, everyone is stupid, and Sector 3 isn't getting any more of your money.[/QUOTE]
    Well, I thank you for all your explanation and knowledge about the game. As a regular consumer, I sincerely don´t have that level of knowledge, just a lot of frustration for losing so much time trying to find what was wrong with my once favorite sim. I won´t bother anyone else with my "moaning" about the AI, just wait for, who knows when, an update that could bring back the fun I had so much in the past. And Gerbuho, I´m pretty sure they used to do way more than just flashing lights behind us... Ah, and don´t forget, moaning consumers are probably the ones who make products better. Praise is always good, of course, but it usually doesn´t bring us any progress. Products, services and even people can always improve thanks to those who, for some reason, "moan" about their flaws.

Last edited: May 22, 2016
  7. Gerbuho

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    I was in a race with the F4, it was so boring that I decided to test what you've said. I was in 7th without being able to catch the guys ahead and holding the guys behind so I started so slow my pace, I got to slow 7 seconds slower than the "normal" pace and no matter what I did the guys behind managed to always stay behind, it was ridiculous.
    Let me tell you mr. @ClayytonBR, you are absolutely right!

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Without going into too much of a rant or analysis on this whole thread. I've rarely enjoyed a single player race with Ai. No matter how strong or weak I set them up. I tried adaptive and different cars I'm always underwhelm. In some cases the slightest bump sends you in a spin and in the wall or sand. if the Ai gets bumped or end up in the grass it's as if nothing happened.
    Brake in one turn too early get rammed of the track.
    It's just a losing battle to have a good race with Ai.
    I usually race at 110 and hold in the middle of the pack until I get taken out and get bored with it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Gerbuho

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    And again, ADAC 2015 @ Spa. AI=112. I start 4th and when I get to the front same thing. I begin to slow the pace down 'til 10+ secs slower and nothing happens, they will always stay behind. :confused:
    This is so sad. I'm mainly SP mode player and this is my favourite sim but now SP is totaly ruined for me. :(
    You should have left me with my blessed ignorance.

10. gonzales

gonzales Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    AI at its best , are frustrating

Attached Files:

11. Gerbuho

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    Join ESR: https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/esr.1809/
    Or take a premium membership at Race Department.
    Or both. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Just fyi, AI is still very wip. Obviously some changes made in the past two patches resulted in the behaviour you're describing. But it was almost inevitable at the time in order to have a "working" AI at all, especially with the Formula cars that have been published. Be assured that the responsible devs are currently being punished for what they have done aware of the issues and working hard to rectify them. ;)

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    What about the beta testers, giving their input?:p
    Are they working on (been punished for) it as well?;)

14. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Idk bout the others but I'm mostly occupied with serving J-F drinks and Cohibas at his...private outside desk these days.
    [​IMG]
    He's such a kind overlord teamleader. :p

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Too much input already. I hear the AI mimics betatesters' driving style...

:p

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. Bee

Bee Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    AI must be hell for devs. Does not matter which genre, overall AI is pretty messed up compared to online peeps.
    Back to race games: there are some titles which i prefer concerning the AI. But that does not make the AI holy in those games. They also tend to bump me off track for no reason etc. I do notice though that the AI is these games are better scaled as unique AI's: There are forming groups when a slower car is in front. When the pass the slower car (which can take several laps), the group separates. In R3E i have the feeling that the AI is programmed upon the players laptimes. AS soon as i set a fast laptime, the AI in front resets itself to that same laptime which makes it impossible to close the gap. While the AI behind me stays at a slower pace. When i set the difficulty at a lower percentage, i gain some places (going from pos 10 to pos 5) and the same happens. I do not race to win, i race to have "fun". But all races in R3E, after ten laps or so im racing alone and looking back and in front, all AI cars are also alone, which "kills" the immersion for me. I would like to see a more dynamic AI. But as i always say: so many whishes:rolleyes:.
    I guess it is a matter of patience:confused:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    True, looks like at least among the testers there are people who know how to operate a brake pedal after all. ^^

18. ClayytonBR

ClayytonBR New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Just driven another very known sim (the one from the scared cat) at Shanghai and, shocking truth, their AI, which used to be ranked as the stupidest, has improved a lot, as I saw AI overtaking each other, battles, they passed me inside corners many times, just like this one here used to do. That actually gave me hope cause, if even the one which was one day considered the worst could improve so much... Ah, and the biggest difference, they did the first big corner of Shanghai just like me.

• Like Like x 1
  19. ClayytonBR

ClayytonBR New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    New update, new skins, bigger grids, new graphic improvements, yay! What about the robotic AI? Nothing...:(

20. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    The AI still likes to crash into you as if you're not there all too often :-(