Resolved Wheel Range shows "N/A" on G25 after patch

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by MadMax1998, Apr 1, 2016.

1. MadMax1998

MadMax1998 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Greeting everyone,

I have had no problems with the new force feedback after the recent patch -- in fact I think it has been much improved! FFB was the main issue I had with RaceRoom before and now I can finally start enjoying the sim a lot more.

However, another problem has appeared after the patch. Before the patch, I could set up the steering range inside the sim by changing the option under "wheel animation" (in vehicle settings) to something other than 900°, and the sim would honor that setting and lock my wheel to that range. Granted, I had to go back to that option and change the range for every car that required a different range (450° for the FR2, for example), but at least it was possible. After the patch, this option no longer exists and if I select "match setup" and then go to "wheel range" in the car setup, that only shows "N/A" instead of giving me a per-car steering range setting (which would be killer!). Now I have read that unsupported wheels have this problem but I'm running a G25... can other G25 users confirm this?

Is there anything we can do to work around this problem other than going into the Logitech settings and changing the steering range there? I'd rather not want to do that whenever I decide to drive another car.

Why does the sim not allow me to change the range anyway? Other sims have no problem with that...

2. ДДºMortICi

ДДºMortICi Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Make sure to create a custom profile for RRRE in logi profiler, and allow the game to adjust settings is ticked.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ryan Callan

Ryan Callan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. ДДºMortICi

ДДºMortICi Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Also after you install the new driver/software from logi, reboot the computer. You will most likely need to adjust the cars FFB setting to not clip. I was getting heavy clipping with FFB multi at 1.5 on the GT3 cars, lowering it to 1.0 seems to give the most detail with adequate weight.

5. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    I believe this is the correct answer in fixing this. Logitech had some driver bugs which were recently discovered and then fixed with their most recent driver update.

I've got a G27, and all works perfectly well now.

6. MadMax1998

MadMax1998 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Well you guys, I can't update the Logitech Gaming Software since Logitech refuses to make a proper new version for the G25. I'm stuck with the only compatible version 5.10, and have been for years. So updating is out of the question (I have tried and the wheel is simply not recognized).

Also, while I have yet to test with a custom profile, I did have global settings allowing games to change the wheel range, but no luck. Let's see if a custom profile fixes it, but I doubt it based on your suggestion to update the software... I know the devs recommend doing that but like I said, with a G25 I can't update to anything.

Thanks for trying to help though.

7. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    I dont believe this is true... Go to their support page for the G25 here. This should be the driver download page for the G25. You will need to select your operating system, and whether it is 32 bit or 64 bit. If you need help determining this, open the start menu and in the search box type "System Information." Click the result. This will pop open a new window with info about your PC. Look down a few lines for a header titled "System Type." If it says x64, you have 64 bit windows. Conversely if it lists x86, you have 32 bit windows.

That logitech support page lists the most recent Gaming Software driver on the G25's page... so it should absolutely work. Not only that, but it is also listed in the supported products for that driver update.

g25 driver march 14 2016.PNG

Perhaps you are thinking that the software that the newer G29 uses isnt compatible with your wheel, and this is throwing you off. Logitech dropped the ball here and started naming things poorly. While the above is listed as "Logitech Gaming Software" it is simply drivers and the Logitech Profiler that your wheel will use. Confusing since the G29 uses the actual LGS. :confused::mad:

Please try this and report back again. Truly though, this should work. :)

8. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    If you take a look on the download link on the page you linked you will clearly see that it leads to version 5.10 (link says http://www.logitech.com/pub/techsupport/joystick/lgs510.exe)!

I just did a check and navigated to the support page of the G25 on the german Logitech site and it's the same there.

But I found out that if you click on "Logitech Gaming Software" (marked yellow in my screenshot) it leads you to a newer version.

Unbenannt.JPG

9. MadMax1998

MadMax1998 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Yes, thanks for the detailed instructions but Arthur is right. The link to the new version from the G25 support page makes it seem as if it was compatible but it really isn't (I tried it, and yes, I know I'm on 64 bits).

What I'd like to know is why this is even necessary when other sims such as iRacing and Project CARS can be calibrated to other wheel ranges (even per car) without the need to update my LGS.

10. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    You are incorrect in your assumption of what these are. The link I provided above is for the Logitech Profiler (even though it isnt called that by name on the download page because Logitech is dumb). Yes it says it is version 5.10, however this is the most up to date version that was released mid March. Logitech also decided not to update the version number, so it has the same version number as the previous one. (Dont ask me why they didnt update the version number, Logitech is dumb :rolleyes::p)

Clicking on "Logitech Gaming Software" actually brings you to an entirely different piece of software that has nothing to do with the G25. It is for mice and keyboards basically. However, you could install this at your own choosing as there shouldnt be any ill consequences. That link was updated on March 30, and it may require you to install a Microsoft update before being able to install it. That Microsoft update as I have heard is the one that automatically downloads Windows 10 to your system if you are on W7/8, or it gives you those annoying popups to upgrade. Some people removed that update previously because they dont like the Microsoft spam. However, I doubt most users would have done this.

To get this wheel to work, you need the Profiler, the LGS is secondary and generally unnecessary.

Simply because there was a bug in the Logitech drivers which was only discovered in the past few months (around January) and Logitech then put out a fix so their drivers werent borked anymore. This update was released March 14th and is the 5.10 software that I linked above.

I believe the issue was present in R3E and the devs contacted Logitech about this who then fixed the issue on there end which is why you need to update.

This should remedy the problem since this issue was fixed with the most recent drivers. :)

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  11. Arthur Spooner

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    I need to revise what I wrote a bit...

@MadMax1998 is right in saying there is only version 5.10 which is compatible with the G25. BUT: if you look inside the "Details" of this version on the page @nate linked, you will see that this version was uploaded on "14-MAR-2016". So this IS a new version. While still having the major number 5.10 it might be an updated 5.10.

So I'd suggest to @MadMax1998 to try and download this one and install it over your existing one and have another try.

LOL - @nate beat me to it... :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. MadMax1998

MadMax1998 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Duh, really Logitech? Way to create confusion...

Thanks guys, I'll give it a go.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Arthur Spooner

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    LOL yeah... :)

Sorry for adding to the confusion, but since I got me a T500RS I don't use my old G25 anymore - so I'm not as informed about the dumbness of Logitech like back then. But really - bringing a new software with some major fixes/enhancements and not even giving it a new major version number seems not to be the smartest thing they could have done. :confused:

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. MadMax1998

MadMax1998 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    The installer was a bit different and the details pane on the file properties show 5.40 as the version number. So I guess it really is different. I'll report back.

• Like Like x 1
  15. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Couldnt agree more... Really makes you scratch your head and wonder... :p

16. c3lix

c3lix Active Member

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    Happens on my Fanatec wheel as well. Mostly because I start the game and then power on the wheel. If I power my wheel before I launch the game, it's mostly fine.

17. MadMax1998

MadMax1998 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Well, you were right, it works now. All the cars have their own steering ranges and the G25 has a lock at that range. Funny thing is, now that I installed the update, Project CARS does the same thing whereas it would not lock the wheel to the range before. Seems like this new driver is used by other sims too.

Side note: directly after I updated the driver, the wheel range showed up in RaceRoom but it had no effect. I had to run the Profiler and make a custom profile for RR AND tick the box that says "allow game to change settings" before RR could lock the wheel. Buuut after I rebooted, I didn't even have to have the Profiler running at all, it would just work. So maybe the reboot did the trick.

18. wad53

wad53 Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Thank you nate, this has had me totally confused. I'd been searching endlessly for the so called "new updated drivers" and kept ending up with the lgs510_x64 file, but noticed I already had that downloaded from a few years ago. I had started wondering if it was the updated file but still named the same (despite all previous files having an updated naming), so I hadn't downloaded it.
    Now I know, I'll go ahead and install it.
    Maybe S3 need to make this much clearer, or post your info as a sticky somewhere. (Assuming Logitech won't update the file name?? :rolleyes: )

Anyway, many thanks again.

Warren

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
  19. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, no problem @wad53, it is fairly confusing since Logitech didnt update the version number when they recently updated the driver :p

I believe @Georg Ortner mentioned in the FFB update thread that you should update your drivers to the most current ones.

As well as this picture from within the game ;)

2016-03-31 2201 0001.jpg

20. wad53

wad53 Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Yep, it was those two prompts that lead me to seek out the most current driver. Maybe I'm just dumb, but when I got to the download, I didn't do it because I thought I already had the most recent (based on the file name). I was suggesting it might be clearer if people knew that the file had been updated, despite the name not updating.