When will be the Porsche GT3 R fixed?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Muca, Feb 12, 2018.

1. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Time will tell - and I definitely agree that the BoP is quite good at the moment. But having a close look at it and make really minor changes to a few cars here and there could make it even a bit better.

The Porsche isn't that much newer compared to the AMG, Audi and Corvette... Often the Car-Selection in Multiplayer-Races pretty much shows, which car seems to perform best. With the last Gen-Physics many people jumped on the Ford GT. The Gen before that, the Audi R8 was pretty strong (but well balances in BoP). After the new Physics-Update suddenly alot were driving the old Corvette Z06. Now, we see many with the Porsche - it might be a bit early, but it's an indication.

On a Race @ Nordschleife on Döttinger-Höhe I had a situation that made me wonder a bit. (it was after the latest Update) I was following a Porsche closely with a Corvette C7. In Slipstream I came close so I could eventually pass him. As we were driving side by side, the porsche we suddenly had the same speed and maybe the Porsche was a few km/h faster after we were passing the Bilstein-Bridge...

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    This is because the Porsche has less drag than the Callaway. Therefore, the Porsche will take longer to reach it's terminal velocity. As it also has less power than the Callaway, the pattern you will see between those two cars, is the Callaway will be faster early on the straights, but the Porsche will continue to accelerate for longer.

Getting back on topic, I'm keeping a close eye on the BoP and at the moment see no reason to slow this car down. We're getting a nice mix of cars on the leaderboards at the moment so we must be pretty close.

• Like Like x 8
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    @Alex Hodgkinson a bit offtopic, but could you look at pit stop times, more precisely - at tire change time? As for now it takes 5s to replace all 4 tires in GT3 cars, while this should be around 25-30s.

This is fastest one I've seen in race conditions:

We had a 90min race at Road America with 2x fuel and 1x tire usage and I decided to try not to change them after pitstop. With around 75% left, I was lapping over 1s slower than on a fresh set, so while I gained those 5 seconds in pits, I lost around 20 on track. So as of now, there is absolutely no point in staying on a same set when you have to refuel and it limits strategy options.

I wouldn't change anything about the way the tires are getting worn, maybe except the fact that lockups don't damage them in a meaningful way (I'm not even talking about flatspots). I really like that you can feel now that you're losing grip and your laptimes are getting higher. Previously it was balanced by amount of fuel that was dropping, so you were lapping at a similar pace throughout whole stint.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  4. Jorgen Wahlby

Jorgen Wahlby Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Totally agree on the time for changing a full set of tires. 15-18s would make it more "interesting" with the pitstop strategy for longer races :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    Great shout about the tyre change times - I must admit I'd completely overlooked that!

I'll take a good look into it and see what I can do.

• Like Like x 5
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  6. Oreos

Oreos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    Looking forward to this, even in the Audi TT RS I'm finding taking tyres is a no brainer in CFEG GT Masters

• Like Like x 1
  7. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    That's a matter of regulations. In the Blancpain GT Series, only 2 mechanics are allowed to work on the car at the same time. But when you use the custom rules preset in R3E, all tyres are changed simultaneously.

• Useful Useful x 1