Released Nordschleife

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, May 31, 2015.

1. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    I had to try that divide by zero on my calculator but it tells me invalid operation o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Well i would disagree there. I had that last 10.000 vrp pack lasted me for well over a year. You just gotta be picky on what you get.
    The try before you buy option is there for you to judge if you want that car or not. Track well most of the time there is competition for you to try them.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Moritz Löhner

Moritz Löhner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
    Reupload. New World Record. This time is the absolute limit with the McLaren.

• Like Like x 1
  5. digitizer

digitizer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    Edit:

wish list for Nordschleife ...

n3.png

N2.png

N1.png

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
  7. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    While I like the track tremendously, as I already said much earlier in this thread, I think one thing could need some revisiting, and that are the kerbs. The Nordschleife kerbs in places are known to be quite brutal and unforgiving, not all of them, but some of them really violently push the car/wheel back to the track inside if the wheel touches them or try to drive over them. The kerbs on this track imo are too tame and forgiving. I would not mind to add some teeth and claws to some of them, the steeper ones.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. digitizer

digitizer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    Later you will ask why Paul Ricard, Spa, Nord not in European track pack ;)

9. Dan84

Dan84 Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Really like the look of that.

What is the spec of your PC and what video settings are you using?

10. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    From what I have read about laser scanned tracks, kerbs are also laser scanned. So why would the ones in game not be realistic ?

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I guess it's more down to the cars physics simulation than the track, curbs should be just the height they are irl.
    I'm not sure I would agree the curbs are tame. They don't break your cars suspension as I think they would under certain rl circumstances, but I've managed to flip a number of cars over the big ones. Maybe skybird isn't trying hard enough to create havoc? :p

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Pullrod

Pullrod New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Beside the track is very well done -some curbs (GP-Track and NS) are not like they are irl.
    Yes, I know what I'm talking about ... ;)

13. Moritz Löhner

Moritz Löhner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
    I've already answered my PC specs in the comments of my YT video.
    Video settings is pretty much all at medium.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dan84

Dan84 Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Just seen. Thanks

15. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    @Skybird You can edit the .rcs file for the controller... there is a setting in there that impacts how much the wheels react to the kerbs ... I turned it down from the default but when you turn it up it is brutal and sends you flying unless you counter-steer quickly and accurately.

FFB rumble strip pull factor="0.3" // How strongly wheel pulls right/left when running over a rumble strip. Suggested range: -1.5 to 1.5.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    hmmmm...wouldn't think you could mess with that since there would be such an advantage if one does and another doesn't.

17. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I would guess the same goes for all the FFB effects, wouldn't it? They are always a "disturbance" of your accuracy.

18. Gareth Smith

Gareth Smith Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    As awesome as this track is, I really do wish we could drive into the car park on the tourist layout before the AI taking over.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Regarding the kerbs, I am not about FFB effects. Its also not whether the kerbs are correctly laserscanned or not, since a laserscan only provides visual surface placements, no physical variables - these need to be manually set and then attributed to the surface in question. You can have a correctly laserscanned concrete wall - and provide it a physical vaiable with a value saying that it should be fully penetratable nevertheless as if it is not there. Lasersanning scans only visual placement and dimension - not physical behaviour.

Some of the kerbs on the Nordschleife are steep, if you touch them with your tyres, the car should make a hop then, or your back tyres and the rear of your car should feel as if a giant has footkicked the tyre from the side, making your tail jumping towards the track centre: you wag the tail. This is what drivers say, I am talking about the reality track. This is not the case in Raceroom, no matter the car and speed, I must not care at all for not going over certain kerbs.

You can test the effect yourself if you have AC, since the kerbs of its Nordschleife really have some fangs and will bite you if you exaggerate it with rubbing yourself on them. Sokme kerbs you use - others you have to avoid.

FFB has nothing to do with it. What use is it when I feel the wheel in my hand shaking over a kerb, but the car is not affected at all? There should be a hop if you impact on a too steep curb, you should lift off, or at least the kerb should kick the according tyre towards the track's inline.

Right now I can treat the kerbs on the Nordschleife as if they were a part of the tarmac. I get some FFB effect which must not worry me, since the car is not in danger at all. I have had not a single incident so far due to driving over the kerbs. If I would drive like this in AC, I would not finish a single lap. ;) :)

I think it is the more forgiving physics in Raceroom being the issue here. Maybe one can tighten the screws on kerb effects a bit. They really should be a bigger concern for you.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    Really ? Ok well maybe it is because my wheel is Direct Drive but if I turn that setting up any higher then I experience exactly what you describe - that is if I hit the kerb wrongly at speed the forces push the wheel so hard that it can truly irl injure me because the wheel will make such a violent movement in steering - which in turn affects the car absolutely and causing me to lose my line and total control of the car if I am not wary - I am not making this up, this is what happens in this sim - the car gets booted as you describe and actually it is not so pleasant and bit scary. I have injured my thumbs on this wheel several times and I do not even have anywhere near full strength. I thought that even on a G27 or Fanatec wheel you could get this similar experience but maybe not so extreme. It was only a suggestion. :cool: