English ESR

Discussion in 'Leagues & Communities' started by ::SKRO::, Jun 17, 2015.

1. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    :(

2. SylverFyre

SylverFyre Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately my internet connection is still having the issues I was experiencing last Saturday. I'm not going to risk wiping anyone out of a championship while it's so poor. I'm amongst the slowest, but know how to let leaders through, so it's horrible if you hear you killed someone's race due to lagging them off the track.

3. Sdemonnz

Sdemonnz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    Could be a low turn out round! I'm gonna miss this round (Bathurst) and possibly the next:(....my dodgey Logitech wheel has been recalled to the manufacturer for replacement....:)

Hoping they don't take too long to sort it....

Chris

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. Sergio Blasco

Sergio Blasco New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello. Is there any league running atm?
    Thx :)

5. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Hi Sergio
    As per our conversation on steam. Welcome aboard as a wildcard. Please let @Paul Darke know

6. Sergio Blasco

Sergio Blasco New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Its done :). Thx for all

7. Zetoyoc

Zetoyoc Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    This makes me sad :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Sdemonnz

Sdemonnz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    OK guys...some bad news;)....it looks like I'm back in for the round! That's if my spots still free?

Took the logi in to the store to be sent to their "returns" department for testing etc....and the guy just grabbed a new one for me and sent me on my way....he did say "we don't usually do this but..." Guess he didn't want to deal with all the paperwork involved in sending it to the "returns dept"

Only problem now...is that I have little experience with the vette around Bathurst! :confused:

Chris

• Like Like x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  9. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    Your spot was never in doubt. Now go and practice!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Tim Cannon

Tim Cannon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 0 / -0
    I'm sorry, I can't make it tonight....again :(

• Dislike Dislike x 3
  11. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Nice!

12. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Race 3
    what a mess

• Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Not our best work

14. Henri Puustinen

Henri Puustinen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    I think the red flag and crashes brought some realism to the event. Was fun to go from "race mode ON", to "WTF" to "OK, race mode engage part 2".

Qualifying was nothing to write home about. I just tried a few setup tweaks and didn't get the lap together so not much to do a about it. I tried to calculate the absolute minimum fuel required in the pit stop, which would come in handy in the race.

Race part 1 went well, could overtake @Öberg directly in to T1 and then kept it cool until the wreck at Skyline. Was pretty funny to see some people plowing through the wrecked cars. I tried to avoid the carnage by slowing down and waiting it out but this requires the cars behind to do the same so mission failed.

Race part 2 I had the same start and could overtake @Öberg in the P4/5 directly after the start-finish line. Some cars went wide in T1 so picked up a couple of spots there as well. Then there was an accident in The Cutting which I managed to avoid and it saw me being in 4th place just behind @Clapper and @Aelcio Junior and this battle went on for a couple of laps until I could overtake J.Monds out of Murrays. After this I tried to chase down Aelcio and @Stiggy until the pit stops. Everyone but me and Aelcio pitted one lap early. Before the stop we were around 8 sec behind @Stiggy in the lead, but I tried to make the in-lap count, nailed the pit stop and was ever so surprised when I came out in front of Brodie in the GT-R. This made me a bit cautious since I became unsure if the fuel would be enough and didn't really push enough for the reminder of the race.

Me and Brodie had some very close racing, especially a couple of times in to Griffins Bend and through The Chase. I tried to make the Alpina as wide as possible and just give him enough room, but on the wrong side. He gained a lot of time on me down through the Esses where I was a bit cautious, which doesn't really matter since you can't overtake there anyway.

With little under 4 mins to go, @Stiggy got a good run through Forest Elbow and tried to go on the outside through the Chase.

Overall a very surprising result for me but this shows that even with some bad qualifying or a little miss in the race you should never quit.

See you all next week in Slovakia.

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
  15. Genghiz Kahn

Genghiz Kahn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +116 / 0 / -0
    Race part 1 I managed to get through the mess at the top of the hill and i was in 3rd at the end of lap 1 when i heard that the race would be restarted.

this was me

Race part 2 I saw 2 cars ahead of me make contact in turn 2 (Lap 1) which made the lead car run the turn wide and slow I saw my opportunity to overtake that car in turn 3 and it turned in on me causing me to lose control and i found myself backwards and having to wait for the entire field to pass. At the end of Lap 1 i was dead last with 15 seconds behind the next car.

Live and learn i guess. The lives of the many outweigh the lives of the few. im just happy everyone who was involved in the mess got to restart their race and reclaim their positions.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Sean Kenney

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0

I came zipping through the crash at Skyline in Race 1, but I couldn't see there was an accident, because I was farther back. All that I saw from distance was a smoke screen like Spy Hunter(although in my replay there is no smoke), which I assumed was normal for lap one. By the time I realized what was actually happening there wasn't much I could do other than try my best to navigate through the mess. I pretty much made it through unscathed on the right side, but did have some contact with @MeMotS although I think that helped him.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Clapper

Clapper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    People like watching crashes. Maybe it'll get 1000's of views ;)

I would have been fine if we kept the first race. I was spun-out in The Dipper and came out around 10th spot with my team behind me. People have to learn you only get one chance -- don't be a lap 1 hero.

@Genghiz Kahn, was able to get on the outside of me in T1 on both races but got the position on the second race --- Kaaaahn!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  18. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Well this whole experience made us think about the ruling with red flag. We will add time next time when we do the restart.
    I think the admin will have to use another means of communication in cases like this. We were lucky that Paul and I are on the same team and could make the call quick.
    Feel bad for mr.c who missed the restart

19. Genghiz Kahn

Genghiz Kahn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +116 / 0 / -0
    how about implementing a "safety car" rule in place of restarting? just slow everyone down (another parade lap) for a lap or 2 while the mess gets cleared. and the position youre in when you rejoin is the place you get?

• Like Like x 4
  20. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    problem with that is communicating that with everyone all at once. discord does not have a Admin whisper thing for all channel.
    Also what position do we keep going under. What is a car was totalled ?
    I think we did fine with this. We just needed to add a few minutes to get the on the fly grid and we did it quite well.