Automobilista 2

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RoccoTTS, May 25, 2019.

1. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    That's specifically for monitors with variable (adaptable) refresh rate. Fixed refresh rate monitors are a different story.

2. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    If I were the OP I´d just not use the few tracks affected and avoid the stress and frustration. When the time comes to change system it might fix it.

It still doesn´t explain how they were seeing FPS of 120 or more if runnung a 60hz monitor. There is a lot of info we don´t seem to be getting to be able to try and understand and help.

I wonder if trying with a faster HZ monitor would help or make things worse.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2024
  3. Muzarati

Muzarati Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    It doesn't? If I turn Vsycn off that's the fps I get, obviously with Vsync on its 60fps which is my refresh rate

4. Muzarati

Muzarati Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    I only get those fps if I turn vsync off, not sure why that is confusing?

5. Muzarati

Muzarati Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like the plan to me ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Because I am dumb and have spent so long with FPS capped I forgot that if you uncap it and don´t use any SYNC it will show the graphic card output and not what the monitor displays.

Maybe you are right that the monitor is the culprit so it might be worth taking your PC to a friend´s house to try there on a higher HZ one since your system seems to be able to handle it.

Another thing is to just drive the slower cars like Formula Junior on the troublesome tracks as the speed difference between slideshow and normal should be lower, or like I said cap the FPS at somewhere between 30 and 60 FPS using NVDCPL, where there is a sweet spot between the stutter and always being slow.

The final longshot is to cycle through all the graphics options and AA methods; Super Sampling is the best looking but most demanding and kills my FPS, for instance. and put everything to minimum detail level just to see if it was related to drawing track details.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2024
  7. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    That's very unlikely. It doesn't draw textures, it draws the whole frame every time there's a new frame, so theoretically there should be no difference no matter what's in the picture. The only thing I can think of if there's some weird interaction between the contents of the frames and some algorithms in the monitor matrix that help pixels switch color faster. Although then it should probably only affect parts of the frame... What I would do to test it is drive slowly, like two or three times slower, but taking the same line as you do usually.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Muzarati

Muzarati Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Done that, no combinations I tried stopped the stutter and yeah SS is way too hungry. I have another monitor somewhere, when I get a chance I will dig it out and try that.

9. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I don't have any stutter at all in ams2. In fact it runs brilliantly. 60hz TV with v sync enabled (I do this for all Sims, I don't seem to be affected by input lag even if it exists I don't notice it when driving). Not a high end system either, Intel i5 10500, Nvidia 1070.

10. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Not even in ranked MP? I thought that affected everyone.

11. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Ah ok, wasn't aware of that. I should have said I only play offline

12. Muzarati

Muzarati Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Have you tried Galeao Airport? This is the worst for me, not sure if it's a popular track as it's quite basic.

13. Muzarati

Muzarati Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Mine stutters offline, don't play MP

14. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Yeah but we have already been through that. Your issue is the slideshow FPS drop, isn´t in, not the one in ranked MP where the game freezes 3 times in quick succession at specific times during the race.

I had yours on a couple of tracks in a couple of specific places too (not Galeao or Adelaide) and only fixed it by moving to a new PC. Capping the FPS like I told you also helped a little to make it less noticeable but mine was a variable frequency 144hz screen. Like you. I had an older gen i7 and Nvidia 1070 GTX but that combi also had the same issue with RRE tracks (Spa and Ring especially).

Do you get FPS drops on sections of these tracks too. What about in RRE MP lobbies when people join the lobby? What Nvidia driver are you using?

15. Muzarati

Muzarati Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    No fps drops at all during stutter, don't do MP, latest Nvidia driver although I did try rolling back to older ones but showed no improvement. RRRE runs fine with no issues at all.

16. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    You said previously it was the slideshow stutter, to me that means a drop in FPS to make the game look very slow. If we are getting our wires crossed and what you are really getting is micro freezes where the game actually stops (sound as well as image) then it it really likely it is going to be data transfer from the HD, memory or internet connection. An Antivirus/Firewall could also be the culprit.

17. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    One quick question, did you set animation pit crew to only player in the settings?

18. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    And what happens rewatching saved races on those tracks or indeed spectacting in MP?

19. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
  20. Muzarati

Muzarati Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Yes