Automobilista 2

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RoccoTTS, May 25, 2019.

1. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0

Automobilista 2 is the culmination of a project developed over the course of nearly a decade. At its core, it is a comprehensive simulation of the brazilian motorsports scene, featuring all major brazilian racing series, race tracks and manufacturers.

Automobilista 2 will also celebrate Brazilian motorsports heritage by featuring some of the country´s most iconic heroes and achievements through its rich history in the sport. Packing an even larger roster of diverse cars and tracks than its predecessor, Automobilista 2 will venture further into the best of international motorsports, including prestigious brands such as Mclaren and BMW along with iconic venues such as Brands Hatch and Imola, at the same time continuing to explore the more exotic and exciting forms of motorsports from around the world.

Boosted by a new technical partnership with the developers of the award-winning Project CARS series, Automobilista 2 is built on the MADNESS engine, providing incredible graphical quality, the most advanced dynamic weather and track condition systems in a racing simulator and superior VR support, to deliver a substantial realism upgrade and a fully immersive visual experience.

With Automobilista 2 we aim to combine the strengths that made its predecessor unique with major evolutions in all areas. The sim will offer some exclusive features for both single player and multiplayer, which we look forward to sharing over the remaining months of development!

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
  2. Heath

Heath Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Looking forward to seeing what Reiza can do with the Madness Engine myself. Not a fan of either PCars game, but 2 did look very good in VR and had a lot of features some sim racers are constantly crying out for. Combine those graphics and features with Reiza developed physics, and they could be onto a real winner here.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. RWB 3vil

RWB 3vil Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Im hoping that the awful net code issues with PCars series is on SMS laziness as it is truly awful. If Rezia can make it work then it will be a superb sim as the live track 3 features are very good but SMS kept making mistakes and much had to be neutered as it caused a lot of issues in multiplayer. EG: in a rainy race when the rain cleared up some racers had their track dry earlier than others and come the end of the wet weather those that still had wet spots couldn't go as fast as the lucky that had their track dry up many laps prior. Yes the sync issues are abysmal in pcars 2. Was this just SMS just being lazy with their own tech or will AMS 2 suffer from this too? Only time will tell.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Ablaze

Ablaze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    This looks like the sim I always dreamt of. :) And the release is planed for this year? That puts a smile on my face. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Wondering why SMS are licensing out their engine now. Didn't Ian (somewhere, sometime) say they'd never do that?

In general I also think it's to early to make any calls on this, could fall either way. But with the use of SMS' engine there's the concern of a console release, which so far hasn't benefited most PC-based games..

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Ablaze

Ablaze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    Wasn't Mr. Bell mentioning something about licencing their engine to other developers when they talked about the MadBox? I could swear that I read that somewhere.

Come on, where speaking about Reiza Studios here. :) I for one have a lot of faith in them.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. RWB 3vil

RWB 3vil Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Well since SMS announced the MadBox and that the madness engine will be free for developers to use im not surprised that Reiza are going to use it.

ME has a decent tyre system called SETA. It models thermos like heat bleed from brakes, models tyre wall flexing. dynamic contact patch simulation very much like rFactors system. Aero/drag is modelled right down to the vortex created underneath the car but it was at its lowest resolution. It has a very good suspension model.

Issue is that this was all too much for console so they neutred or disabled most of it right down to rubber build up. Its a capable engine it was just in the wrong hands IMO. Considering what Reiza have done with ISI motor 1 i expect AMS 2 to push the boundries way beyond what SMS did with ME.

I hope they still allow modding in AMS 2

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Mr Bell has said many things over the years which have turn out to be bul... I mean... not entire true and accurate. ;)

This is why I have hope. Any engine in the wrong hands will result in a crap game. Put it in the right hands though, and it can shine. Using ME doesn't mean Reiza are limited to doing things in the exact same way that SMS did, or prevented from building on and enhancing the engine's capabilities for their own needs. The engine is just the foundation, and it's up to Reiza to adapt it to their specific needs. Given the quality of their previous efforts, I think it's in pretty safe hands.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, still wondering about the 'why' part. ;)
    Sure, I wish them all the best luck and success, and I also hope it'll be great. Just saying nobody can know at this point, and there's always a chance for either outcome.
    Announcement certainly sounds great, but rumour has it there have been 1 or 2 grandiose announcements in video gaming history that turned out not so great. ^^

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Highly doubt that they give it away for free. Unless there's some source for this statement?

12. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    Exactly this.
    Just look at how many games are using the U4E (ACC, MotoGP,...) and they all are completely different games.
    And like you said, i also think it's in pretty save hands.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    the only thing that makes me a bit nervous is the "2" in the logos of AMS2 and pcars2..

<tinfoil hat>
    the numbers are very similiar... make the pcars2 "2" a bit more bold and squeeze it a little bit and you've got the AMS2 "2":

amspcars.png

just a coincidence..?

</tinfoil hat>

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    ian bell twittered this when he talked about the Madbox (the SMS dream of a console). He said that they will give the Madness Engine to developers for free who want to make games for the Madbox. But AMS2 apparently isn't for the madbox :D

15. fufsgfen

fufsgfen Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, I have PCARS 1 and it is quite weird in terms of car handling, PCARS2 demo was not exactly better experience.

Also I have read that 1st PC was better until up to some patches and I don't know if PC2 is better than demo.

AMS for me is bit hit and miss, but MX-5 mod is loads of fun, not sure how realistic that is and don't care much, with that new engine AMS2 is something that worries me, but maybe they can make it better.

For me both PCars games are too console, so if it is because they dumbed it down, AMS2 might actually be good one, but this news was not at all what I excepted and can't deny that I worry of what AMS2 will become.

I am bit shocked.

One thing is sure that with such pretty engine they might make lot of sales. Will look with interest what AMS2 will be then, but surely hope there is demo to try as for me without testing, sale is pretty hard to happen.

AI of PC1 is quite nice though and gameplay elements are quite good, especially in PC2 what I have understood, but driving part is where it lacks.

16. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I see. One could debate whether giving access to an engine under the condition that you create a game for the engine owner's (maybe)console can be considered giving it "for free", in one way or another SMS will want to monetise on their engine being used by a third party. (Which is totally fine imo, it cost them to create it in the first place.)

Is the whateverbox still a thing even? I read about the name dispute and some investors pulling out..

17. RWB 3vil

RWB 3vil Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: May 25, 2019
  18. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Surely you mean "their vapour ware nonsense and thinly veiled attempt to get attention and con Kickstarter backers out of money"?

• Like Like x 5
  19. RWB 3vil

RWB 3vil Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Oddly enough watching the video you can see cars that are part of PCars franchise in the Reiza video. For example their fantasy F1 car under the SMS label (in game) Formula A- SMS.

Maybe Reiza wil be the devloper for PC under the ME engine and SMS will stick to console games ( as it clearly shows in his tweets that IB wants to make games on xbox, mobile with pCarsGO or his own Madbox more than PC)

20. RWB 3vil

RWB 3vil Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Will you be able to get beta access from Reiza so that you can check if you CC works upon release?