ADAC GT Masters 2015?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Flavourlicious, Jun 8, 2015.

1. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    I hope it means we get a rwd car :p

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Could we see another reduced grid for the ADAC 2015 pack?

Just been looking at the entry lists for the four race weekends thus far which has ranged from 19 - 21 cars. Although the participating teams changes from race to race, so there may be more drivers in total, we have to bear in mind that two teams are running Porsches (99.9% unlikely to be licensed), another is running a pair of Bentleys (possibly licensed?) and also two Lamborghinis have taken part - a Gallardo and a Huracan (highly unlikely to be licensed).

The 2013 pack featured 24 cars
    The 2014 pack featured 19 cars
    The 2015 pack - lower still?

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Would be nice to get at least one new car for this year, won't be that tempted if it's only different liveries..
    Crossing my fingers for the Bentleys, don't think it's any point in hoping for Porsche or Lambos yet.

4. Winter

Winter Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    According to this list: http://www.adac-gt-masters.de/uk/teams-2015/
    (Teams can have several cars, at least 2 drivers per car)

- 2 Bentleys (maayyybee?)
    - 3 BMWs
    - 5 Audis
    - 3 Corvettes
    - 1 Lambo Huracan (unlikely)
    - 3 Porsches (impossible)
    - 2 Mercedes
    - 2 GTRs
    - 1 Reiter Gallardo (Maybe, possibly.... if we start praying)

• Like Like x 3
  5. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Bentleys would be nice. I just wish Porsche and Lambo would kindly remove their heads from their asses and realize that more brand recognition equals more sales and games with races as opposed to games where you run from the police would be far better for their brand. I'm just happy the Nissan is making a comeback in this pack.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    Porsche got its head stuck up ea's ass and its gonna take a little while longer to get unstuck.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    A Bentley for the Bathurst 12 Hour would be a bonus........

• Like Like x 1
  8. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    So that's 15 'definites'.

9. Ty Duff

Ty Duff Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Bentley would be a superb addition for GTR3 and help to create a manageable field. There was also a Camaro at the first round, I believe, so if those two were possible it could be made up to 18.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    As good as the ADAC GT Masters license is, it's a little frustrating that so many cars are potentially unobtainable. Not Sector3's fault - they do what they can.

I suppose this makes me anticipate the GTR3 pack even more. Hopefully we can have all the GT3 cars featured in R3E grouped into one class and maybe a new addition or two. Then if we can have an AI car/livery selector, bigger grids and some more pitstop and race options then I will be good to go for my GT3 fix.

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. Daniel Surridge

Daniel Surridge Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I enjoy the ADAC GT Masters, its nice to have an official license for a GT3 series, but maybe it could be a good time to start talking to other organisations?

British GT for example, although it would still be missing some cars, generally it features a much bigger grid than ADAC, think they've had 30+ for most if not all round over the last 2 years now, so while we still wont be able to have Porsche and Ferrari amongst others, with the cars we do have licences for we could potentially still have bigger grids to race with. (I'll have to check the entry lists to confirm)

Also British GT does feature some other, probably quite obtainable cars like the Ginetta's in GT3 and GT4, the Lotus Evora's in GT4.

Plus having a British Series for their cars to race in might help in the acquisition of Bentley and Aston Martin licenses (well we can always hope at least)

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  13. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    And don't forget, this would also get us Brands Hatch GP, Olton Park and Donington among others! :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  14. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Regarding the difficulty in obtaining the Porsche, why can't S3S create a fictional GT3 version of Ruf RT12. We have a fictional Ruf GT2 in GTR2 and other games had done similar cars for their grid.

Ruf RT12 has a similar straight 6 engine as the 997 Porsche, it would be possible to replicate one that is close to the real 997.

Ruf does provide a lot of creative freedom to it's license which it would be great to see a 997 look-alike in either ADAC15 or GTR3. If not, The Crew won't have the fictional Dakar version of Ruf 3400K.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Rodger Davies

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    I would suggest that it's (Ruf) far more likely for the GTR3 class than the GT Masters one.

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    To get one in ADAC is probably out of the question, but why not make one for the GTR 3 class!?..
    And maybe also a Ruf Yellowbird to the GTO Classics or G5! :)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  17. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Well yeah, they've already set a precedent for this in the GTR2 class so a RUF GT3 in the GTR3 class would make sense. Perhaps they are already looking into this.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Rodger Davies

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Just had a quick look around, and even omitting the number of available tracks, GT Masters still makes more sense than:

British GT 2015 - 7 available cars (several 650S', Astons and Ferraris)

GT Tour 2014 - 13 available cars (many Ferraris)

GT Asia 2015 - 7, if you include Bentley (many Ferraris, Porsches and new McLarens)

Basically, there's no other series with a good enough number of cars, apart from the Blancpain Sprint and/or Endurance format, but it seems clear that iRacing has that license (despite even fewer available cars!).

So I think they've taken the right decision to grow the GTR3 class and, when multi-class is available, we can combine the ADAC cars in the mix too.

Looking forward to big grids with all these cars combined! Now we just need some way of selecting which ones we want to run.....

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
  19. The Angry Hamster

The Angry Hamster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately iRacing has been snapping up series licenses left and right recently despite offering almost none of the correct cars for the corresponding series. It would be so wonderful to see R3E get the IMSA license, or something similar, and actually do it justice.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Rodger Davies

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Reply to a post from the Bentley topic:

Would be great if they could again include the race-by-race liveries too, such as the 2013 Nissans were. Been a few more this year I believe, even without the two Lambos. Either way, great to have the Bentley!

• Agree Agree x 1