Ai is too aggressive in my opinion.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by frodesa, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Yesterday overlaped the McLaren from the GTM 2015 and two corners later he kicked me out of the track.

2. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Mr_Mints_Taboo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    I hope you protested him! Oops, wrong game.

I gave up my R3E cherry last night, and entered a couple of online races. Pretty much watched them from the back, (as expected) except the AI (Almost Intelligent) kept crashing and ending up behind me, then racing a little bit too aggressively to try and catch up with those drivers who managed to avoid spinning. Needless to say, my rear and side panels took a ding or two.:)

For the amount of time there were cars in my vicinity versus the number of hits my car took, I have to say that the offline AI are far less aggressive. Admittedly, the 'better' drivers online will try to avoid unnecessary contact, but the AI do a good job of mimicking the rank and file drivers out there.

• Like Like x 2
  3. silvanob2

silvanob2 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Thats true too, i think there are 2 ways with the AI, either we adapt to them either they do, the problem that arise is that ALL of them drive nearly exactly the same around the track and plus the fact that they have the same speed at cornering makes the player passing them at that corner every lap so ok i do 20 laps with 20 cars so even starting at the back i will be first. a good exemple is hockenheim, the hairpin at end of longest straight, try it you will see.
    There are many way of looking at this and nobody is right or wrong, my editor idea is not the best i know but i am just trying to get ideas from you guys so that maybe the devs get some interresting thoughts and then make great AI ;)

4. silvanob2

silvanob2 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    I did some races online and honestly i prefer AI :D
    there was just some idiots crashing into me or spinning in front, i guess its better in the privat servers, anyway online needs a good cable and my wifi made me see the cars around me laging very much so racing like that is not for me,
    i am back offline ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Mr_Mints_Taboo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    My son was on wifi, and disconnecting a lot. I eventually splashed out £25.00 on a pair of powerline networking 'plugs' and he hasn't complained about his network once since.
    If you are UK based, these are the ones I got from Currys. Installation took about 3 minutes, most of that spent cleaning crap out from behind his desk! No software required. (pair of rubber gloves might have been nice)
    http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/comput...rline-adapter-kit-twin-pack-10143560-pdt.html

• Like Like x 1
  6. silvanob2

silvanob2 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Nice to hear that, i am in Switzerland but i can get it over the site if they send to my country of course.
    Anyway thanks for info :)

• Like Like x 1