AIs in the new Porsche 911 GT3R are rocketships compared to the rest

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nedimmb, Jul 21, 2023.

1. nedimmb

nedimmb Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I do love that new 911 GT3R that has arrived in this game and everything you guys at KW have done to the car is awesome. It is loads of fun to drive, it sounds perfect and is so easy to get into. But whilest I have enjoyed driving the car, there is a very alarming thing I have caught that actually didnt happen when the M4 GT3 got released in May. I wanted to test out the car against AIs at 100 % difficulty just to get into the car during a race and learn it more on various tracks. This horrible part has been caught and it is so disturbing: The AIs in their 911 GT3R 992.1 are milestone faster than the rest of the cars on the grid. An example of what happened in Brno: Majority of the other AIs do 2:02s but the AIs in the newest 911 GT3R could make 2:00:0s or even a 1:59:0 flat!!!! How the heck is this possible??!?!?!?!? Remind yourself that, the one AI that has chased me behind throughout the race jumped from P5 to P2 by being 14 seconds ahead of the driver in P3 at the end of the race which was only 8 laps in distance!! Another one of these acts was also caught recently on Bathurst with the same skill level. One AI made it from P4 to P2 by making 2:05:2 as fastest whilest the AI in P3 made around 2:08 as fastest lap!!! That is almost a deficit in 3 seconds!!! So KW, how did this even happen? This didnt at all happen when the M4 GT3 was released and when you also patched the GT3 cars so that they are more diffrent compared to last version. But dont get me wrong, I know it is day 1 and everything may not be perfect but do a further investigation on the balance of the newest 911 GT3R to the rest of the cars in the same classl when in control of an AI driver. The anticipation was very high but now killed when the AIs arent evened out. Here is also a proof of the race results and the deficit. I have also not tested out any other tracks that also do suffer from this annoyance but I will get back to you in case I spot it.
    Thanks from Nedim but I beg you to sort this out!!

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Not saying there is no problem with the Porsche, but things like that can happen with other cars and classes to. The first AI or one of the backmarkers can go much faster than the rest of the field.

3. nedimmb

nedimmb Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I do get what you are telling me. But this one is not the same thing. Over all these years I have played R3E, I never ever had an annoyance like this one. And check again the photo I posted. You can easily see what a difference in pace. I did try this more than once to see whether it is a bug or not. Turns out this wasnt any bug.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Iain Richmond

Iain Richmond New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I have a feeling, this update was a little rushed. I couldn’t even play the game, yesterday so I’ll check out your points later, if I can get the game to load. All in all, a very poor launch; I hope the devs are on it.

5. nedimmb

nedimmb Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I do agree with you. Kinda felt a bit rushed, especially when these were the problems I had with the new car. But I will try forwarding this to the developers in some way. Lets not forget, on circuits like Brno, Norisring, Watkins Glen, Nordschleife and Slovakiaring I had some real AI dilemma when I couldnt at times catch them on difficulties which I normally could do on other circuits. Since KW have fixed it in the past, my fingers are still crossed for this patch! But still, the message still must be heard

Last edited: Jul 21, 2023
  6. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    Noted; will be fixed soon.

• Winner Winner x 2
  7. nedimmb

nedimmb Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I will keep you updated if I find more similar problems at other tracks, if you dont mind

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    When this pace bug happens, they do drive this fast, a few seconds faster than anyone. But if you say it happened in every race then yeah, looks more like a general pace issue with the car.

9. nedimmb

nedimmb Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Fully agree on that!

10. nedimmb

nedimmb Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I can update you with two more similar problems. They happened also at Road America and Watkins Glen with the same skill level. Guess what, those two tracks were also victims of the past AI dilemma I had with other cars and are now back with the new 911 GT3R. So consider yourselves fixing it ASAP.

Attached Files:

11. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    Will still definitely be fixed soon!

• Winner Winner x 1