Assetto Corsa Competizione

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HomieFFM, May 31, 2018.

1. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Why would I want two steering wheels? Just let me turn the bloody dash on, no bigee.

2. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    Theres a way to have it like this but i don´t know how:

Screenshot_455.jpg

3. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Depends on the car and track. But GTs haven't the strongest forces in racing on the steering rack.

4. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Thats what I mean. And GT4s are very close to the ordinary street car versions of their models. At least much closer than GT3s.

5. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    GT3 also don't feature that strong forces in their steering, compared to an Indy Car or Vintage car.
    The GT4 FFB has more depth, than the GT3 car, IMO. But this also makes sense, because, they're already are pitching and rolling a lot more.
    The same is true for me in R3E btw.. The GT3 cars are more "flat" in FFB detail, than the GT4 class.
    And i think, this is reasonable and believeable.

Also i registered some "chattering"-ish thing, when you overdrive the front tyres in ACC, which is pretty helpful, to adapt to tyre saving. Such subtle effects are indeed interesting. I was not a big fan of the ACC FFB until 1.2 or so, but something changed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
  6. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I agree - with everything.

That all together is the reason why I prefer the GT4 cars to GT3 cars in ACC.

• Like Like x 2
  7. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Yeah know that one Andy, its in the view settings menu, actually very god, you can mess with the opacity so it's not too obtrusive, tiz only a small gripe I guess, just seems a bit daft not to allow you to enable it. o_O

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    I play ACC a lot lately and I really like it. I even play it on a single screen and still I like it.
    I can’t play it in 7680x1440 because my system can’t handle 11million pixels with ACC. Lol and when I play it on 5760x1080 it does not look ok to me. Managed to get it more or less ok but still not that good as I like it to be. This Because my screens are 1440p and 1080p does not scale that well. So I mostly play on a single screen in 2560x1440. All settings maxed out and the scaling set to 130%. I really really love it. Never thought I would ever enjoy racing on a single screen again after I bought my triple screens. :D

9. RampageRacing

RampageRacing Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    ACC has become my new "go to" game for GT racing because of the GT4s that were added to the game. Each one of those cars has a unique character. I believe that they are harder and more fun to drive fast than the GT3 and I like how each car gets around the track differently and has different strength and weaknesses.

I actually still prefer the GT3 class cars in R3E more than the ACC GTR3s but the GT4s beat both for fun IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    I havnt tried the GT4s still getting to grips with the game and GT3 styles but loving it.
    The only other racing format i would be interested in currently would be BTCC, for me the GT3s and ACC is about as good a package as you can find right now, there are lots of little niggles, especially around vr but it is really hard to beat as an all around GT3 drive.

11. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    I was an ACC early adopter getting the game cheap while in Beta
    As much as I loved the game overall, interest tended to vanish with the feeling all the GT3 cars was behaving somehow the same.
    Read and watched several reviews about the GT4 pack and decided to buy it.
    Best $$ spent in recent weeks. Really awesome as each car personality from engine to dynamics is so unique, a brand new game for me.

I praise RRE sound very high but i must say thst ACC us really good now in this compartment too

12. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    I don't know if you're already drove this week, but the latest update contains sound improvements in R3E ;)

• Like Like x 1
  13. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Plan is to run that update over the weekend so lets see :D

14. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    Anyone else curious about how a 3080 will push this? It might just be enough brute force to make this properly playable in VR.

I dipped in again recently as the intercontinental pack was on offer, and had a decent hotlap experience on all tracks. I even had a 5x AI (whoop) race at Seca with only a few dips into ASW territory. Last time I tried, using any AI was a bit of a non starter, so something seems to have improved a little in the background.

15. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Its is properly playable in VR already now. Always was for me. And on a GTX1080TI

Always these exaggerrated comments!

-----
    I just learned that Stefano still seems to sit over improving AC, namely the AI. Surprise to me, since he announced his withdrawel from Kunos. On his Twitch channel, there are many streams of 2-3 hours :eek: that indicate that, I just got led to them, did not know of them. He also talks about the physics a lot. For exmaple:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/736797719

These streams are too long for me as if I would watch them all in full length, so by just moving the slider and listening in here and there I necessarily must miss a lot. But its interesting details I picked up randomly this way. Your choice to watch that stuff in full lenght. Youc an cover your complete day that way.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    Exactly... Everywhere on every game...

I'm just like that for years:

tenor.gif

Still trying to find the "So much worse than Pcars 2, looks like Mobile graphics" in Pcars3 btw...

Topic: I had the luck to witness the first stream from Stefano working at ACC again since he left Kunos...

> https://www.twitch.tv/videos/727900384

There are more stream VoD's since then and all are worth a look if you like the "Behind the scenes" stuff of ACC...

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
  17. T3AMGEIST

T3AMGEIST Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    In my opinion the are not. It's a big difference if you drive the BMW or the Audi for example.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Muca

Muca Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Our GPUs are basically the same as I have the 2070s. Your options are a lot of aliasing or a blurry mess. Both is undriveable for me. This is basically the only game I have tried over the years that is unplayable in VR.

19. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    I have the first version of the 2070, and eventually got it looking/running well at a solid 90fps in VR while hotlapping.. Adding more than ~5 AI just tanks that performance though, so proper racing is out of the question for now.

There are some vids appearing now with folk using 3080s with VR, and the results are looking really promising. This guy has everything on Epic and is getting good rates. Hopefully nudging that down to a more sensible medium-to-high will allow for plenty of headroom to really lock that framerate in.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Muca

Muca Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    The problem are not graphic settings, it is no useable AA. I tested everything. I needed 2.5 - 3.0 SS to look it somewhat ok. My system could not even manage to get 45 fps.

Try ACC Epic with your system, it looks good in 2D. In VR it is garbage.