Released Daytona International Speedway & Porsche 911 RSR (2019)

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Georg Ortner, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Olaf Hülse

Olaf Hülse Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    I feel like the Mustang GTO is one of the nearest we can get to some form of NASCAR of some decade. The GT3 Mustang or Camaro are a bit slow, but also good.
    Greetings

• Like Like x 2
  2. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I was somewhat sceptical about the greatness (or lack of) of Daytona, but I already think it`s one of the best tracks available so far. As for the GTE - I took it for a test run and I can`t handle it. Too difficult for me...
    Took the X-17 for a spin against the AI, which is comically terrible o_O

• Like Like x 1
  3. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, Daytona is one of the better "Rovals"...no Mickey Mouse BS, just a few interesting braking zones and a draft zone. DONE.
    Underdrive it a bit into corners and push it out of corners early. Reduce brake pressure in the setup and deal with TC around 3.
    This makes the car responsive but safe. :)

I also don't understand GTE cars that well, but endurance GT have this special abilities out of corners, while you have to be careful into them. So a good line is important.^^

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. RampageRacing

RampageRacing Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    That is twice that I have seen someone describe the AI at Daytona as terrible. One person said it was crashing all over the place. I have run some laps in the GT3 class and never saw a crash but I was doing Practice laps not race laps. The AI looked great during my practice laps. Maybe it all falls apart when it is a race?

5. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Please report it detailed with corner and car, so the devs can make an efficient fix.

Meh, my foot is cracking me up, i wanna drive :confused:

6. Nir Tal

Nir Tal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Did you get all the liveries? Cuz when i checked a couple hours ago i only had one but cant get into the game to see if thats changed now

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. smartin13

smartin13 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i have all now

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Well...i've paid the 100 vRP to get all of them :rolleyes:
    No big loss, though...

10. dentalfloss

dentalfloss Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I haven't really played R3E in a while, because I was waiting on Daytona.

This is the best implementation I've played. The AI are aggressive, but they don't wreck you. The only substantial improvement that could be made is dynamic rubber. Hopefully that will be added to the game soon.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    ..And the GT1 Ford GT is an absolute blast as well.

Setting the time of day to dawn also adds beautifully subtle setting to the track.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Wow.

I just did my first race at Daytona Oval (yep the unsupported one), 20 AI, FR US, rolling start, AI=107.

I had very low expectations but boy'o'boy how fun was that?

Start 8th. Fall back a couple of spots. Drafting. Weaving in and out. More drafting. Crew Chief warning my brakes are cold. What brakes? Suspension damage on lap 8 of 10 (messy overtake - my fault). Finished 0.026 seconds behind first (well beside first actually).

upload_2020-5-16_12-31-37.png

Not perfect. But fun.

Very cool.

(I used to love Papyrus' Nascar 2003 so this takes me back!)

[Update: Race 2. Same. Very fun. But I realised the draft is very strong for the player but not so much for the AI or they don't use it well. Fun factor is high. AI realism perhaps less so. Not a criticism but an observation - this layout is not supported. ]

• Like Like x 3
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
    Last edited: May 16, 2020
  13. RampageRacing

RampageRacing Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    I am interested in setting up a field of Mustangs and Camaros to do an ARCA type race. Or maybe all Camaros and do a modern version of IROC.

14. CDwyer

CDwyer Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    I didnt see crashes until looking at the video. Looks like a hole in the ground got this car.

15. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Tried out all three new goodies briefly, top notch as usual S3, Daytona is bloody gorgeous.
    One thing, my eyes are failing and I don't trust what they tell me always, but what is that orange Beemer in the release video and the other cars in the background? We don't have an orange Beemer do we?

16. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Theyre all gt3 cars. These are the ones that are properly visible during the video, the rest of them were too far back to see anything for me as well :D

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 16, 2020
  17. morsify

morsify Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Could it be an M8 GTE to race with the Porsche?

• Like Like x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  18. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Technically well done track as always with Raceroom's tracks, but as I already assumed and sadr earlier when it was announced to be coming: just not my taste and preference, the infield courses of Ovals to me simply are boring. No criticism of mine,its just a queston of taste and subjective preference. The past two chinese tracks were much more to my taste, or Dubai. :) That the oval is included does not save it, since it makes little sense to race it against the AI. I assume you need to specially tailor an AI for adapting to oval racing, I have never seen it working well since Nascar 2003 Season by Papyrus. 2003 however was a sweat-producing hair-raising racing adventure... LOL.

Of course I bought Daytona nevertheless for support.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. jt33396

jt33396 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Wonder if we'll get Indy oval

20. Cobra_AUT

Cobra_AUT New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sorry if the question has already been asked. But why is the oval actually not supported?