Do we really need more tracks?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tuborg, Jun 2, 2017.

1. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    If anyone is up for some racing on Swedish tracks I'm on right now.
    I'm in the Mantorp server with Touring classics, DTM 92 and M1 Procar. :)

2. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Missade det..

3. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Synd, men du missade inte så mycket, inga andra hakade på.. :rolleyes:
    Får prova igen till helgen! :D

4. OverTheLine

OverTheLine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    all im gonna say is - Watkins glen, 24h Daytona, sebring, road America, road Atlanta, LeMan...we just want some more variety...people usually stick to a handful of cars or a class of cars they enjoy driving...however taking them to the same circuits every time can get tiring..if R3E wants to survive and keep up then it needs the essentials..and those mostly at this moment in time...American race tracks

• Like Like x 1
  5. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    Helemaal mee eens, als kan ik er geen ene donder op uithalen wat hier geschreven staat.
    Ik zeg: wasa knäckebröd. :cool: met verse aardbeien vooraf
    Patat mat mayonaise en curry
    en 2 frikandellen.
    En uiteraard een lekkere dikke vette sorbet na.
    Eet smakelijk. :rolleyes:

6. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Vi var över 9 på Falkenberg nyss...vad händer? Connection loss and i guess that happened to all sins the server was gone from the list. Happened twice!

7. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Are you sure? Get tiring? It doesn't look that way and that was my point with this thread: people are doing just that; driving the same circuits over and over again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. OverTheLine

OverTheLine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    I understand your point...however at the end of the day R3E is a rather small community when compared to other sims. At the moment there appears to be mostly german/dutch fans hence the hockenheim/nurburgring being used endlessly.. but from a new players perspective...why would they join this sim, when they get more bang for their buck on other games.

ill reiterate my point and say that Raceroom lacks allot of classic tracks, mostly those from America which I've already listed. With pcars2 coming soon, and the likes of Rfactor2, iRacing, and Asserta Corsa, all expanding their games, Raceroom needs to do the same in order to remain competitive and up to date.

So its nice saying that at the moment everyone is using the same circuits like hockenheim etc, but by doing so...its not going to get any better for the sim if they fail to expand their dictionary of tracks or cars...

another point to add as a League admin, its a bit of struggle to create new or exciting series, if you have such a small range of tracks to choose from, especially when they vary both in grid size and capability. hence another reason why im eager for raceroom to expand its track list.

9. skswat

skswat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Totally agree with you guys.
    Please add more layouts into existing tracks. I think its much less work than model whole new circuit.
    I would love all variants of Slovakiaring as its my "home" circuit.

Also Brno is in wishlist of many players here.
    I would like to see more known tracks adding into game instead of some Sweden tracks that are atleast for me quite unknown and I dont see much reason to buy them ofc. But circuits like Brno, LeMans, etc.... it sounds much more interesting to spend my money on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I will have time for some Swedish track action in about an hour if anyone wants to join me? :)

11. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I'm on now.
    Gelleråsen - NSU TT

12. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    The mainly central European player-base reflects the content on offer. Tracks from Germany, Sweden, Austria and Belgium alone must account for at least half the tracks in the game.

It's a very Euro-centric game in general. I'm fine with that as European tracks are where I mostly like to race but it's easy to see why R3E doesn't hold much appeal for sim racers from large gaming markets like the US, Canada and Australia/NZ. Even within Europe, important motorsport nations (and large gaming markets) are poorly represented, namely the UK, France, Italy and Spain.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. Jacinto Patricio

Jacinto Patricio New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If we are trying to replicate for example WTCC, we need for example Vila Real, Maroco,

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    The WTCC's calendar is difficult to replicate because it's very fluid. A circuit can be on the calendar for a year or two and then be replaced. Circuits can change during a season itself. A very difficult situation for Sector3.

ADAC GT Masters and DTM were easier to replicate because the calendar changes very little, if at all, from year to year.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
  15. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
  16. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, I dislike these tracks too, but this is because I'm not so into hillclimb. In my opinion R3E is the wrong choice for a sim if you like stuff as hillclimb or rally, even drifting. There are better alternatives on the market. As for hillclimb, I know that there is a track and some cars within R3E, but as fan of this kind of racing I wouldn't count on S3 to put more stuff into the sim... and for me, I would like S3 to focus their limited recourses onto tracks for circuit racing.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Yes, but you didn't "dislike" someones wish.

Why? We have both hillclimb tracks and cars :)

... and a little bit of drifting :p

18. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Indeed... for typical Hillclimb-Races R3E has everything it needs... Hillclimb is normally on normal Roadtrack and without much drifting, as drifting isn't the fastest way to get around a corner.

Wanted to visit the Osnabrück-Hillclimb next weekend but unfortunately have no time...

19. Squanchy

Squanchy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    BTW Pikes Peak is now exclusively under contract with Gran Turismo. So it will not be coming to any PC game in the foreseeable future.

20. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    About drifting, R3E only needs a set of low grip tires, just this tiny feature could make drifters happy. :)

• Creative Creative x 1