Released DTM Experience 2015

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Oct 21, 2015.

1. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    I like your new sounds Anthony:).

you cant please everyone.:D

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. 247

247 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    I like it too...i personally think that 2015 sound are a giant step forward to 13/14 because you can hear pratically every sound the car has to offer and this is quite fantastic ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Tom Watt

Tom Watt Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

I've noticed in DTM 2015, .. that the Wheel Rotation and Steering Lock are now defaulted to .. 450 and 13 .. respectively.

Is this a change in the Sim, .. due to a change in the real DTM 2015?, .. or, was the default of 540/23 for the DTM 2013 and 2104 cars incorrect? .. and should be adjusted to have the same Rotation/Lock?

Obviously, .. this has nothing to do with what I feel comfortable with, .. but, I can either change the DTM 2015 cars to 540/23 .. to maintain a consistency across the DTM series, .. or, I can change the DTM 2013/2104 cars to 450/13, .. and get used to that.

I was curious about the change ... o_O

Cheers
    Tom

4. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0

ADAC/GT3 changed too, to that way (500/18).. Didn't notice change in the driving

5. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    So why not put the new sound also in 2013 and 2014?

6. mochablendy

mochablendy Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for your comment in detail, Anthony.
    I just prefer the previous rowdy roar sound, but I respect your work and I'm trying to enjoy new one.

thanks,

7. Mike Demers

Mike Demers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    I bought this and played it last night and I love the new sounds - especially the engine tone. I had always dislike the buzzy tone from the 2013 and 2014 cars. Add in the new handling and tire pickup features and this is a great addition to R3E.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Moritz Löhner

Moritz Löhner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
    What I don´t get is that if I go into the DTM 2015 Multiplayer Lobby there are nearly no DTM 2015 Servers up.
    If you have a DTM 2015 lobby why there are servers for other cars? I think it would be better if you only have DTM 2015 servers in the DTM 2015 Multiplayer lobby.

9. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    DTM lobby for DTM rules, into DTM experience. If you have DTM experience you are sur to have the content to participate to any race on the DTM lobby
    R3E Lobby for general rules.
    You may not own the track that are used in this lobby, they might be multiclasses races, etc ..

Somes will not buy DTM experience, but as DTM15 cars are not tight to DTM experience, you can buy them and play with them in the R3E lobby.

BTW: I did saw non-DTM15 race in the DTM15 lobby

10. 247

247 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    unfortunately this was a bug i think...saw too but if you click on a race then you get the circle spinning forever or simply you get to the loading screen and then the game crashes...almost is what happen to me :)

11. Martin93

Martin93 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    Is there any plans too soon make it possible to run 2 race format, mandatory pitstop etc inside Raceroom too? Since I love the DTM 2015 cars, but the AI in DTM Experiance is still to agressive and don't care about you and just push you out. So my way to use the cars is to drive in raceroom and not Experiance where the AI is great. But I don't have weight penalties, 2race format, Pitstop etc

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    I haven't heard the new sounds, but seems like a no brainer to me.

13. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    time...time==money probably.

14. Macaquinho

Macaquinho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +219 / 0 / -0
    I miss the "Teufel"-Livery for Molina's #17

15. Glen Kabis

Glen Kabis Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +199 / 0 / -0
    Hm, nice catch, just seems like the menu/store image is wrong but the newer/right livery loads while in-game. I've reported it to the devs and they'll look into it.

16. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    Because some people like the old sounds, so they can at least enjoy them in 2013 and 2014 cars. It's hard to please everyone but this compromise seems to be the most logical to me ;)

• Agree Agree x 9
  17. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    ^ Indeed. Do not bother with the older car versions.

The changes not only in sounds but also physics, also maybe need some time to have people adapting to them, telling that by own experience. I am today, on the second day, more positive on the changes, than I was yesterday. Obviously they have not changed from yesterday to today - so what changed, must have been me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I just had about an hour to test the DTM 2015 last night so a bit hard to tell yet, need a bit more time with it.
    I like the heavier feel to the car and it has more grip, also the floatiness I feel in the 13 and 14 cars (less in 14 than 13) are gone.

But my first thought as well was that they where to easy, could floor it in the BMW out of the Hockenheim hairpin on low gears without any problems?..
    This was a sure way to spin in the 13 and 14 cars, you had to be really careful on the throttle and I really liked that part.
    The 15 cars feels responsive, exact and good in the steering, but to tame and slow when it comes to the throttle.
    I could also yank the wheel max steering to the left and right on the straights without losing control, the car just turned slightly but carried on like pushed by a train? (this was in high speed, in lower speeds it did cause a spin / might be the down force working?)

This was on default settings and they look really different to what I had in 13 and 14, so I will try again later today with some setting changes to the car and see how that feels.

19. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I seem to recall that Spangler said that the cars indeed feel slower - and that that was good. He seemed to be pleased by it.

20. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    Nice update but please bring back the previous chase cam.The new one is so far away.And maybe allow back the diffs.Its doesnt feel nice with so high settings.

• Agree Agree x 1