eSports WTCC - Round 7: Sonoma - Preview

Discussion in 'Esports WTCC' started by Robert Wiesenmüller, Aug 30, 2017.

?

Who will win the first race at Sonoma?

1. Gergo Baldi

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. David Nagy

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. Kévin Leaune

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  4. Redoine Messaoud

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Bence Bánki

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. another driver

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    For the seventh round of the season, the drivers of the eSports WTCC are heading to the United States of America. The Sonoma Raceway in California, formerly known as Sears Point or Infineon Raceway, features a challenging layout with a lot of elevation changes and the characteristic light grass surrounding the circuit, almost looking like gravel traps. The eSports WTCC uses the same layout that the real WTCC used in 2012 and 2013. The four races saw four different winners, with Tom Chilton, Gabriele Tarquini, Yvan Muller and Rob Huff taking one win each.

[​IMG]

On the leaderboard, the Volvo drivers dominated on the rather twisty circuit. Gergo Baldi, the Hungarian driver who is sitting in fourth in the championship, set the fastest time ahead of his countryman David Nagy. Kévin Leaune, the winner from Slovakia, was third ahead of the fastest newcomer, Redoine Messaoud. Bence Bánki finished fifth, leading a Citroen-trio including Klaus Schulze from Germany and Andre Fossto from Sweden.

[​IMG]

For the Hondas, so far the dominant brand of the eSports WTCC, the track proved to be difficult. Cristian Moisescu from Romania was the fastest Civic driver on P13, ahead of championship leader Alexander Dornieden and second-placed Márk Nándori. With Stange, third in the championship and eighth on the leaderboard, driving a Volvo, and Baldi of course winning the qualifying round, this event could prove to be very tough for them if they want to stay in control of the championship. Only one Chevrolet qualified, in the hands of Dirk Knatz, while for the LADAs, you have to look into Division 2 to find them. The second Division was topped by a Honda though, driven by Gerald Whyley.

[​IMG]

As always, the race will be streamed live on the WTCC Facebook page and the WTCC YouTube Channel. James Kirk and Robert Wiesenmüller will commentate on the three races on Sunday, September 3rd, at 17:00 GMT (18:00 UK / 19:00 EU).

2. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
  3. Pierre Hox

Pierre Hox New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the spotter guides ! :)

4. Ivanovich

Ivanovich New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Was fun for a while!
    Sorry to Leaune on the far end of the track - got off line, brakes locked, and went too deep.

To: G. Fredy WTF? Put me into the barrier!

5. David Nagy

David Nagy New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm terribly sorry for Alexander and Kevin but there's something wrong with my pedals and my brake didn't register. I was pressing it but nothing happend. After the 1st lap my steering wheel got even worse so yeah.. Again, I'm terribly sorry, I couldn't do too much about it and I'm really gutted :oops:

6. Gergo Baldi

Gergo Baldi Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I'm writing too to apologise for everyone who was involved in my R2 T1 crash. Didn't expect to even brake in that corner after the start, so it came as a surprise, couldn't really do much about it.

7. Dirk Knatz

Dirk Knatz Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    what a raceday, brakeproblems during quali, crazy first lap with a lot of contact, so down to last place, and in end a disconnect.

8. Balruck

Balruck New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What a hard battle with cristian monsescu !:cool:
    Good race 1 for me !
    Race 2 was not the same, FFB was smoothy than Race 1 and i've no feeling with the car, many mistake at turn 1 kill my front tyres, difficult race without battle :(
    At end 3rd but i expected better....

:D

9. Kévin Leaune

Kévin Leaune Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    There will have to be heavy penalties!

It's intolerable to have drivers like this on a WTCC eSports Championship!

10. Giannis Christod

Giannis Christod Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Sorry Attila Hugyecz for the divebomb in the last turn of lap 1 (div3), i miscalculated the situtation and i was frustrated from the bad start. At least i saw in the mirror that you continued your race. Sorry again man.

11. Philippe Leaune

Philippe Leaune New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello, too many drivers do anything, we must exclude dangerous drivers from this championship.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Christoph

Christoph Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    this was a bad event today ...:( it was not a fair race

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
  13. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
  14. Dirk Knatz

Dirk Knatz Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    After watching the replay severall times of different views and cars, i thought that was sometimes not an ESPORT WTCC race,it was more like SUPER MARIO KART. I think everyone could miss a breaking point etc., but in the end it was over the limit of racing.

KEEP RACIN

15. Julien Frinaire

Julien Frinaire Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    I am watching every division 1 race, I enjoy ''studying'' the fastest drivers competing. I must confess speed is one thing, racecraft another ;) Technical problems can occur, shit sometimes happens, but this is shame the show is not always at the rendez-vous cause agressiveness or vice. Everyone is focusing on Verstappen, Ricciardo is far way better, another attitude, another results IMHO. But I will watch next round :D

16. Aelcio Junior

Aelcio Junior Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    This was a special weekend for me. Nor in my most optimistic dreams I could think that would be possible to win a race in this level of competition.
    In Brazil I won the wtcc championship 2 times, but I have never been able to compete against these monsters. And I am not yet.
    But this was a lucky weekend and I could keep "cold blood" in the second race when Norbert take off 3 Seconds in the 3 last laps.
    I hope to have another possibility to compete in this level again, but I need to improve at least 0.500 sec.

• Like Like x 2
  17. fredy

fredy Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I'm terribly sorry for I.Navarro,
    I pilot in sight hood and is not seen you on the highly-rated, me thought that you were behind, really to sadden I would accept all punished for the administration: (...
    sorry my english

18. Norbert Leitner

Norbert Leitner Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Good win, man! Before the last 3 laps you were doing good on laptimes, your pace was there :)

19. Mally B

Mally B Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    You drove very well and deserved the win!

20. STI_FTW

STI_FTW New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    it's really funny coming from someone like you :))

• Funny Funny x 1