Fanatec CSW v.2.5 Settings WIP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tarik Userli, May 11, 2017.

1. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    @FormelLMS
    Tried it, hade to lower some settings as min force but I couldn't feel much difference. But thanks anyway :)

2. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Relax! This is not deal breaker, I love this wheelbase and do recommend it.

3. DarkCognac

DarkCognac New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Looking for a good around Wheel set-up for the
    Fanatec CSW v2.5.... PC ONLY

4. Neil Bateman

Neil Bateman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    I have been trying Tarik's settings and really like the overall feel I am getting, with one small exception!

On the straight I am getting some oscillation, its not huge but I would like if possible to get rid of it. Would this be an adjustment in the wheels settings or in the game settings, I have tried to lower a few settings but cant seem to get rid of the oscillations at all.
    Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +563 / 0 / -0
    That is probably due to having the Dri setting very close to 0, which counteracts any 'friction' there is in the wheel, allowing it to spin freely. I personally have that setting on -5 and I can let go of my wheel on straights, it will oscillate slightly but never get out of control. It's very much a preference setting though, just try some values between 0 and -5 and see what you like!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Neil Bateman

Neil Bateman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    @Thomas Jansen Thanks, will try Dri on each of those numbers see if it helps.

7. Krzysztof

Krzysztof New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi everyone.
    I am asking for settings under the Porsche 918.
    It is based on a colleague's file from this topic Fanatec Clubsport V2_5 Wheel.rcs
    I have such settings from the steering wheel:
    Profil 5-2 porsche 918 too strong
    sen 380
    FF100
    SHO 100
    ABS OFF
    DRL OFF
    FOR 100
    SPR 100
    DPR OFF
    BRF 029
    DRIVER 292 Beta
    Firmware 317

Profil 5-3 porsche 918 too weak
    sen 380
    FF 62
    SHO 60
    ABS 50
    DRL -01
    FOR 60
    SPR 90
    DPR 70
    BRF 029
    DRIVER 292 Beta
    Firmware 317
    Maybe someone has a rcs file straight under it and can give their settings from the steering wheel?
    Thank you very much.

8. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    Guys, what in game FFB setting would you suggest adjusting to give more weight/balance transfer feel? I am going to experiment with rack/lateral forces, but thought I'd ask your opinion. Thanks.

Edit: yes, bumping lateral forces helped a bit

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
  9. The Iron Wolf

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    Does Raceroom support CSP/CSW vibration motors natively? Fanaleds seems to periodically freeze with R3E, leaving CSP V3 vibrating constantly and app itself not responding. I don't use Fanaleds for LEDs functionality, just for engine/brake vibration.

10. The Iron Wolf

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    Ok coming back to R3E after a bit of a break, I thought I'd share my findings regarding CSW 2.5 and R3E FFB because I feel like I found good settings and they are also easy to explain, which is a good sign.

Wheel:
    SEN: car dependent
    FF: 100
    SHO: 100
    ABS: 100
    DRI: Off
    FOR: 100
    SPR: Off
    DPR: Off

Game:
    Take default CSW 2.5 profile and adjust only:
    - Force Feedback Intensity
    - Per car FFB multiplier
    - Last 4 effect settings (slip/engine/kerb/shift) to your liking

Point of this is that you adjust FFB force to your preference _without_ changing the balance of forces. Last 4 settings are pure personal preference effects, I personally run them all rather high.

Next steps:
    I am still not clear on 2 things in R3E:
    - which multiplier leads to least detail loss, Force Feedback Intensity or per car multiplier
    - still not clear if R3E supports CSW/CSP vibration motors natively, or only fanaleds does (will experiment).

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +563 / 0 / -0
    R3E supports the vibration motors natively I'm pretty sure, as I don't use Fanaleds and even when i didn't have my csw wheelbase it used the vibrating motors in my CSPs.

Also, if you have the DRI setting off, doesn't that make your wheel oscillate like mad?

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    There is a new software/firmware out now with menu changes as well.

There are some differences out the box, in the Fanatec wheel properties under the settings tab you will only find the adjustment for the wheel angle now, the damping setting has been removed, on the wheel display we have a new on which is listed as FE1 which has adjustment from 100-0 but I think it is, is the damping from the Fanatec properties moved over to the wheel, when you put it to 0 it numbs everything..

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  13. The Iron Wolf

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Thomas, going to try my next practice without Fanaleds. I actually wonder if what happens is Fanaleds clashes with R3E calls to Fanatec API and that's why things get out of sync for me.

If by mad oscillations you mean those lock to lock oscillations, they are not caused by DRI:eek:ff, they're caused by DRI:5 (IIRC). If you mean oscillations around center, those are typically caused by excess min force or force itself. I've not noticed oscillations of any kind in R3E but I am running low forces and I am currently practicing in 2016 DTM, not sure how other classes are. I run DRI:Off because I want all forces to be controlled by the game, not added by the wheelbase.