Force Feedback Weight

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Not Lifting Off, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Thomas Cameron

Thomas Cameron Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    I'm going to post my settings for my csw v2 you may like or you may not,ffb is all personal preference.

On my wheel
    Sens aut
    Ff -65
    Sho 100
    Abs 75
    Lin off
    Dea off
    Dri off
    For 150
    Spr 100
    Dpr 100

In game

Ffb intensity 100
    Smoothing 0%
    Ffb Spring 3%
    Ffb damper 10%

Steering force intensity 80%
    Understeer 35%
    Vertical load 150%
    Lateral force 75%
    Steering rack 50%

Edit: a little change after experimenting,tricky to get right.

Cheers

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
  2. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    another user if the dreaded damper. Starting to think the whole damper thing Is an old wives tale. And actually improves ffb.

as much as my journey with Rr ffb been frustrating I've come to learn a lot of

3. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    just looking at that , it will be clipping heavily ... you dont have to believe me , but ..... Andi

4. Thomas Cameron

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    As I said you may like them you may not.
    What's you're suggestion for the guys?

Cheers

5. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    wait a while hopefully pretty soon you will get a little tool that will help but id at the moment bump in game
    Steering force intensity 80% down to 40% max
    vertical 100+
    on your wheel
    up ff to 100
    for down to 100
    id 0 dpr and spring

but thats me ;

Andi

6. Thomas Cameron

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Bringing the ff down to 65 and for to 150 is the most linear ffb for my wheel but I will take your advice and try the intensity down tomorrow, I also took the vertical from a post by one of the devs, they also were using a v2 base.

Cheers

7. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    could this mean we will be getting a clipping meter andi? or just you testers. :)

8. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    That was it, I turned steering rack down to 0 and suddenly the old physics cars felt correct again. There's still a large difference in weight between the old physics cars and new physics cars, they require rather different FFB settings so I created a profile for old physics and one for new physics. Only had a little time to test so I didn't get either one of them feeling very good. But I notice I was going the opposite route of what Andi suggested, I had high steering force intensity and low vert/lat and this seems to create a big imbalance between the heavy and light feelings as well as large, heavy spikes. I'll try flipping them this evening.

9. Dan Speelman

Dan Speelman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    Glad to see this worked out for you. I've been playing around with some of the FFB settings after seeing some of these threads but never had a major problem with inconsistent weight between cars outside of the rouge steering rack setting. Last night I tweaked some values and ended up with settings that wouldn't oscillate with the Daytona but strong enough for the M1 and GT3. I of course don't remember exactly where I ended up but I think it was something like - Force 100 Lat 90 Vert 75 Rack 20 with some dampening...25 I think. Our wheels are in no way similar (Momo still :() but again just posting in the off chance it is helpful.

10. Brandon Wright

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, I'll try some of those. I was having pretty bad oscillating last night, the wheel really did not want to be at the 12:00 position and I wasn't sure how to dial this out.

11. Ouvert

Ouvert Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    oscilations (along with springy feeling interfeering to steering) appears on my system when I set both vertical and lateral to high settings 100 and 120 for example

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Brandon Wright

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    Did a little bit more testing last night with the new physics cars. At first the results weren't good, best I can describe is the FFB was "lumpy" as it was either too heavy or too light and the transition between the two was abrupt and jarring. At one point it was getting so heavy in the turns it almost felt like there was a soft lock at 90ยบ, yet it felt light and numb around center. I was so frustrated I was very close to putting the game on the shelf and waiting to see if these upcoming FFB options could do anything to cure it, or just swearing it off altogether.

I then tried going the route of Andi's settings with a very low steering force intensity and higher vert/lat (30/110/125), the result was a much lighter wheel than I'm used to but it did feel a lot better. It didn't feel like there was a soft lock in the turns, I could actually feel information from the road/tires/suspension, no oscillating, and while there was still a bit of lumpiness it was greatly reduced and tolerable. Still a bit light around center, but not as bad. The overall lightness was very foreign feeling and for the first couple laps I was actually having a hard time even controlling the car, but after 8-10 laps I was starting to adapt to it and had pretty good control. It's not exactly the feeling I was looking for, but at least it's useable. I'll try Dan's advice of adding a touch of damper to see if that helps with the lack of feeling around center.

13. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    dont go to high on the damper , but as i said hopefully you will get an update soon ish (dont know when , as its not completely ironed out)
    i agree its a little light , but between a damper tweak and a spring tweak you can get what you want usually ; but id always run it to get the info more than the force
    another thing to play with is between rack and tyres ; some cars are better with the adjustment more towards the tyres and others towards the rack ... generally when building my ffb i start with 100% rack get the feeling im looking for then add tyres as such

sorry i cant be more helpful but its the best i can do at present

Andi

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Gareth Smith

Gareth Smith Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    @Andi Goodwin out of interest, do you have one FFB setup for all cars or do you have different FFB setups for certain cars/types?

15. Gareth Smith

Gareth Smith Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    @Brandon Wright are you still having the issue of the wheel feeling completely different from day to day? I did the same as you, removed all profiles/drivers and started fresh. Got a good setup, shut down the computer for a few hours and on return the wheel was about 30% heavier than before. Still lost with where this issue is, I'm now wondering if it's my wheel.

16. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    i use one mainly as im not worried about doing 1 or two tweaks for hevier feeling or lighter feeling cars or if i can be bothered on my csw i up the FOR option on the wheel 1 or 2 clicks (100-130)
    but once we get this ffb tweak released ill probably have 4 sets / open wheelers /openwheelers H others /others H

but im sure eventually ill just need an H and a sequential setting as we will get one or two more tweaks that will take away the need to have lots of controller settings

Andi

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ouvert

Ouvert Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    and that is what bugs me .. that there is need for 4 different sets of FFB .. should be just one .. in GTR Evo one good setting worked for all cars, in AC the same with option to easily edit strength per car (just once and than it`s saved), GSC, rF2 ... just based on physics, with parameter (hidden or editable) par car adjusting weight of wheel, something we don`t need to fiddle as we change cars, or what we set once per car and that is it ...

18. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    Think you understand Andi wrong. I use the same settings for all cars but still have different control set for different shifters, the same as in Race07 or AC or GSE.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    4 is because of hbox . so in reality its two ; and this is because we are missing a car specific ffb multiplier in the setup (i believe its being worked on ) (in real life cars feel different , some are heavier some are lighter ), and when tweaking to your preference then if its in the setup it will be great and saved

So its not as dire as you believe

Andi

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    it actually sounds promising from the beta guys :)

• Agree Agree x 2