FOV settings

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Metalogic, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    If you can, lower the screen until from where you are seated your real wheel covers the wheel on the screen. You might be missing a little of the bottom of the image, usually it is just lower part of the dash, no big deal. Step 2, remove wheel and arm animation. You do not need them anymore, you are now the driver and the other big advantage is that it is now very easy to put the seat at the right position since you now in a much more familiar view of the cockpit, a lot more like IRL.
    Second bonus you might also be able to, at least partly, see the gauges trough your real wheel.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    Agreed, much more natural that way.
    "Like" is relative, a lot of cockpits don't have easy adjustable options, but people using existing furniture. So sometimes it may not be fully on purpose.

3. jimortality

jimortality Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    just tried this and I quite like it. tried it on DTM and it looked like my wheel was the wheel so now I'll try it with a car that has a higher wheel.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    lol this has been in my mind 'You'll get square eyes!!!" since moving to a 40" screen (or 3) and sitting a few feet away. but I can tell you, whoever made up that saying never drove in a sim racing cockpit with 40" screens up close. It's worth adding a few angles to the edges of your eyes.