Resolved Game Crashing in Multiplayer

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Giannis Christod, May 5, 2015.

1. Giannis Christod

Giannis Christod Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    When I try to connect to a multiplayer race, the game crashes and returns me to the desktop throwing an error 0xc0000017. This started happening two months ago, but now it very is frequent. I don't know if it is relevant or not, but i think the more players in a race, the more sure it is that the game will crash. I have validated the steam files, disabled the antivirus but no joy. I have attached the crash-dump files from today only.

Attached Files:

2. Giannis Christod

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Just for the record, I upgraded from Windows 7 32bit to Windows 10 64bit and the game stopped crashing. I played several multiplayer races with 15+ opponents with no problem.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  3. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Wow, Awesome to hear.

I am really starting to be a believer in Windows 10, A lot of people are mentioning performance increase across the board on Win10. I might buy a OS for the first time in my life. Good work M$

• Like Like x 1
  4. Giannis Christod

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    You can download the preview from microsoft for free to try it first, it is valid till october 2015. As far as i know, the big diferrence in performance is for people who use SLI or crossfire, since the new directx exploits better this type of setup. My computer is rather old, so I didn t notice any increase in perfornance. But I m really chuffed now that the crashes stopped!

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Ocaso Dorado

Ocaso Dorado Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    It happens to me a lot even in solo mode, I thought it was a matter of RAM :(

6. Giannis Christod

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    It's not a matter of how much ram is installed, it is about how much RAM is allocated to the specific application, how RAM is handled... When I was troubleshooting I had the same problem with either 2gb or 4gb of RAM installed and with different dimms.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Ocaso Dorado

Ocaso Dorado Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Darn!!!