Known Issue HUD issues / incorrect positions - Report here

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by CaptainCoffee, Feb 18, 2022.

1. Joyce

Joyce New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    same here, i'm not using start options and the only 3rd party app i'm using is second monitor and why would it be a hud problem if that driver disappears for everyone on the server? everyone is using different 3rd party apps or launch options and still the same problem so I agree with what Joe said.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fritz Hübelmaier

Fritz Hübelmaier New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Tatuus F4 Zandvoort 14/2/2022 - Finished 1st of 27 but ranked last....
    GTR4 Sachsenring 20/2/2022 - 4th underway in the race.. but then suddenly the race ends in the middle of everything. Ranked last..
    GTR4 Sachsenring 20/2/2022 - Lead the whole race.. then suddenly race is finished before I cross the finish.. Ranked last.
    BMW235 20/2/22 Qualified 1st and started 1st.. Suddenly it says I'm last and I jump out. Ranked last. I lost almost a hundred points on this bug.. My user is Mr MartinK

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 20, 2022
  3. Некий

Некий New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    This is a problem in the game. The built-in HUD also does not display information correctly.
    I want say the developers that from time to time in practice or qualification, a car drives, which is half buried in the ground. When you look at others. A car is driving, but the wheels are not visible, because its wheels are underground, only the roof is visible. And if such a car is observed in practice or qualification, then 100% HUD in the race will not work. I can only assume it has to do with ping. Maybe some changes were made about the ping?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2022
  4. Fritz Hübelmaier

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello! Yes.. seems like a problem in the game.. I didn't have these issues you mention here but still oddly get placed last in many races, or the race ends and goes to race results. Strange.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. UsF

UsF Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    First race in the series of races that is presumably in that log file, time 20/02/2022 - 19:37:05 UTC+1.
    https://game.raceroom.com/users/UsF/career
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/672776539368194068/945026249657569320/unknown.png

I was in front of the Group C class, too, but they ended the race and I didn't count as anything, got a disconnect instead. Race finish time was way earlier than the Group C and it didn't count my last lap I guess.
    When I crossed the line, I was forced into AI outlap mode, which I don't have enabled. And my HUD disappeared when the GrC car crossed the line, even though I was in front of it.

Attached Files:

6. vasco.alvesduarte

vasco.alvesduarte New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    another bug, this time a lack of agreement between NativeHUD and OtterHUD (crewchief)
    In practice:
    for a period, one of the times for M. Curtido were different in Native vs. OtterHUD (1.51 vs 1.49) (see screenshot)
    In race:
    At first me and P2 were listed as -1 in Otter and not visible in Native HUD, then it normalized
    During the race the relative to R. Friteuze was different (not all the time) - see screenshot

Session: Tatuus Europe Rookie F4 - Hockenheim -
    21/02/2022 - 13:41:06

Attached Files:

7. vasco.alvesduarte

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    another instance
    this time, the last 2 racers were shown with the same name in Otter and there was an empty spot on the Native HUD (see screen shot)
    server Europe Am GTR3 #2, session
    21/02/2022 - 14:18:02 EET

Attached Files:

8. lastkiller17

lastkiller17 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    GTR4 hockemheimring Europe Server
    2022-02-21 18:15:16

Car #1 and #2 invisible
    last lap bug and i finish p14

Attached Files:

9. Mslw

Mslw New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I'm using OtterHUD (dash.exe). I've been having this issue for a few weeks already, when the gaps and positions are all wrong during ranked races (and races only, practice session seems all right). On the intervals list I see myself duplicated (sometimes triplicated), some drivers are missing, and the gaps are wrong or not shown at all. The "other me" is sometimes some laps behind. Some drivers do not show on the ingame track map, or OtterHUD's radar. For me this hasn't affected end-of-race placement (on results screen or website) or at least I didn't notice.

In hope of adding data points, here's my recent race with only 3 drivers. At the time of screenshot, I'm driving in 3rd some 10 seconds behind the leader. The ingame HUD shows me in 2nd. OtterHud shows me in 2nd with my clone 4 laps behind (ie never getting going?), and no record of the actual P2.

ranked server: 2022-02-21 20:06:58, WTCR at Red Bull Ring, profile: users/mslw (not allowed to link in 1st post) screenshot and logfiles attached

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rui Paiva

Rui Paiva Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    So...i did some post stating this problems.

It started happenig to me i guess last week from January. I used OttherHud integration with no problems at that point.

The problems were :
    1 - the position and the gap from other pilots were wrong...and it influence also the RR main info and unil the end of the race it stayed wrong .

2 - Practise and qualify , everything right . Then the race starts and i notice my car isnt on minimap or the realtime info.... and something on the Hud doenst work, for exemple the radar or the gears info. After 1 or 2 laps the HUD dissapears completly .
    So i turn on the RR original info, and on the TOP bar it appears for example 24/24th (if a race has 24 pilots) , but in the gaps info im always in the same position , that is my start position (qualify position) , and my real position is 2 , 3 or 4 whatever im at in the race... the gaps are all wrong if i pass someone the position doenst change etc etc ..and when i pass the finnish line the entire race, the RR info says im in 24 place, even if im am in 2 place or 3.
    Even so, with all info wrong, in the end of the race , in the "garage" my finnish position is right , and in the ranked stats is also right.....only the Hud infos are wrong.

So , last week i made some experiences : did all my races without WEBHUD integration...and i had no problems, none...all the RR main info were correct. The only thing i notice was in same races, for exemple , the pilot in front of me (2 place) was not showing on the info or gap and RR was telling me i was in 2 place but in reality i was third place... And i notice that when the guy, that was in front of me , passed the finnish line during the race, the raceroom info showed he was 24/24th , but in reality he was 3 place.
    In the end, in the final standing all his right and his name appears in 2 place, and also in the ranked stats is correct.
    So i guess he was using OttherHud during the race and the server wasnt recognized him .

For that reason i thing that is the HUD that is causing all this wrong info.

Thats my point of view.

11. Rui Paiva

Rui Paiva Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I confirm im having problem with the HUD since middle January...my position on minimap disapears and the positions (gaps) are all wrong. Then like 2 laps from the start , it disapears.
    I did some experiences without the Webhud and i had no problems with the positions ( gaps) .
    But sometimes the player in front does recognize....but i think the problem is that the player in front is using Webhud and the server doesnt recognize him.

The i turn the Otterhud on and i first race i had the problems again ....i guess the problem is the HUD.

Its bad i have to play without the HUD , but getting tired of racing withou any correct information...need to get use to again with the RR standard information

12. Johan Kangasniemi

Johan Kangasniemi New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Community race (Actrollvision), at 7pm today - O. Mustaniemi disappeared completely, so did not appear on Otterhud radar, or the nativehud ranking. I've asked Olli to upload his logs too. I think Actrollvision might be able to get the server logs if you ask him?
    I've also asked another driver (who got blue flagged for Olli despite being on same lap) to upload his logs.

First two races in these logs.

Should add: The multiplayer session was called ACR WTRC RD15&16 (I think), WTCR around Mid-Ohio.

Attached Files:

13. Rui Paiva

Rui Paiva Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    New Update : did today my first race since a week ago with the OttherHud ON ...
    So, race started, my name was not in the list and my car not in the minimap . 1 lap after the HUD dissapears ( the normal problems) . So i was in 1 place almost all the race, the info stats says 8/8th and the top info gap says 2 place (/my qualify place)... But for some reason when i pass the finish line RR doens not show me my name.... and then the race ends without me passing the line....go to see the list and i finnish 3 place ?!!?!? Worst then that , i go to the ranked stats and i finnish LAST and lose 22 rating points .
    Here are my screens :
    U can see on the top 8th/8 and in 2 place with K Bergmeier +1.6 s and F Dahlander beside +14 s, witch is wrong because in reality i was in 1 place, and the secong was beside me 1 s and not 14 s . The other screen you can see i did the best lap and the position number was 8 place ( i was in first) . Then the race is over and i didnt finish, i did a full lap and in the standing positions im in 3 place....and in the ranked stats i was 8 place, last, even do in reality i won the race.
    Im going back to RR stantard info.

RANKED SERVER : GT4 AM HOCKEINEIM

Attached Files:

14. Swordbound

Swordbound New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Did a race on Brands Hatch Indy on one of the European rookie servers. During the race the guy in 1st never showed up on the top, and it claimed I was in 1st even after another guy passed me later. Also on the attached picture showing the results-list, not only are the numbers all wack, but the positions of player names are also incorrect.

Not allowed to post links yet but my driver name is Sondre Flakstad
    Date: 22/02/2022 - 00:52:18

Attached Files:

15. vasco.alvesduarte

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    A different set of bugs this time
    After a few races without any issues, this one had quite a few
    - driver ahead is shown 46s ahead, and he is right in front of me (also by that distance he'd be first!)
    - in the results page Peixoto is shown as behind me (V. Duarte), but Native HUD showed X. UniteD behind me

server Europe Am FR3, 22/02/2022 - 21:55:47 EET
    see screen shots, logs not available for this session

16. vasco.alvesduarte

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just did a race on F4 Random track server (Spa), and one of the racers (P2) was not visible in HUD. It was very confusing.
    Even after the race was finished, the racer was not visible in HUD, but was visible as P2 in the final results page

Session: 23/02/2022 - 17:00:39 EET

Attached Files:

17. vasco.alvesduarte

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    another problem
    This time in Europe Am FR3,
    Native HUD shows only 2 drivers, but there are 4 in the race, Otter shows 4, but duplicates, and I'm missing
    OtterHUD crashed at end of first lap
    Stiopped showing gear at start of the race
    Session: 23/02/2022 - 17:33:52 EET

Attached Files:

18. Fritz Hübelmaier

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Joe,

Will you be able to fix this and give back the points in the ranking system?

19. sagobin

sagobin New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hello,
    same here, finished 1st but ranked last... very disappointing!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  20. mbork1000

mbork1000 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    GTR4 server,24/02/2022 - 21:45:06, i won a race,but i am last at stats, can my position be fixed???

Attached Files: