Known Issue HUD issues / incorrect positions - Report here

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by CaptainCoffee, Feb 18, 2022.

1. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Race results can't be fixed.

Rating gains/losses are relative to other drivers' rating so fixing your number would also require fixing all the other drivers' rating not only in this race but also in all the following races they did and for other drivers in these races. So the devs just don't do that.

Good news is that if your rating is lower than it should be (for your level of skill), your gains will be higher.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ePiLLe

ePiLLe New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I had a problem today on daytona ranked. the result is not displayed and calculated correctly. I was first, but I was rated last and lost points as a result.
    Daytona int. Speedway ranke race 25.02.22 12:30

Attached Files:

3. Marcelo Intruso

Marcelo Intruso New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi! Another one with HUD issue.

Practice and Qualy were ok, but when starting the Race, my position on HUD was not visible and it seems that this also made github hud think I was not there as radar was useless and also relative did not register me.

Profile: https://game.raceroom.com/users/MIntruso/career
    Server: Europe Am GTR4 #1
    Race: 25/02/2022 - 16:37:35 (European Time)
    Car: MERCEDES AMG GT4 2020 #13
    Track: Hockenheimring

upload_2022-2-25_16-45-41.png
    upload_2022-2-25_16-49-58.png

Side note: Could you please update this kind of things over announcements on Discord? it would allow players to avoid wasting time losing points, it might not be good to be posting about bugs, but at least is more honest and open to the player base, as well as the resolution of it when solved. Personally I will prefer avoiding ranked until this is solved as it is a roulette to know who is going to have the bug on the race, understanding that the dropped points will not be returned.

Regards,

Marcelo Giordano

Attached Files:

4. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Same here.

• Like Like x 2
  5. D van den Toorn

D van den Toorn New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Won a race but the ranking system tells me otherwise.
    Hopefully i get this corrected because it kind of sucks the joy of winning out of it.
    It whas Audi TT beginner server
    race date/time 25/02/2022 18:51:57
    Even in the replay i won....

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  6. D van den Toorn

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    same here

7. D van den Toorn

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Can't you unrate the race for that driver? So for the driver who got ranked/rated completely wrong it would be like nothing hapened. Some guys are dropping a lot because of this bug.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Uluru

Uluru New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hello, I also have this issue.
    I am using CrewChief with OtterHUD-Plugin via Steam/CrewChief and SimHub for a dash ans a leaderboar/map on a second monitor.
    In practice/qualifying everything is alright.
    In race the leaderboard (SimHub) is totally wrong, drivers are missing, others and me are listed twice and on the wrong position.
    Sometimes I got blue flags (shown in Simhub, Raceroom and from the CrewChief) for a driver behind me, but he is in the same lap.
    Also sometimes I am in first position, but I am listed as 2nd or 3rd and so the P2P and DRS are enabled (DTM2020).
    This happened in ranked servers and community severs, not in SinglePlayer.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Joe Vogt

Joe Vogt Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for stating this simple fact! It is really astonishing how many race drivers here do not understand what a rating is and how it works! Ok, it is always sad to lose something, and it is also sad, if a race win or a finish on the podium results in the loss of a huge amount of points. But on the other hand, in most cases the gain you would have achieved would be in absolute points much less. Anyway, after the next few races with equally good results, you get the rating points back. So there is in the end nothing lost at all!!! I experienced this during the last weeks with races with good results, some with inappropriate point losses and a lot with correct point gains. After some time the rating points always return to the amount representing my current abilities.

10. Uluru

Uluru New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Just tried a ranked race (Tatus, Monza) without the OtterHUD Plugin.
    Its the same.
    I also finished first, which is shown direct after the race correct (see picture) but in the ranked race list I am listed on 7th position (last, one player dnf)

:-(

so I will no more run ranked servers until this is fixed!
    upload_2022-2-25_22-25-34.png

Attached Files:

11. Uluru

Uluru New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Here are the log-files

Attached Files:

12. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Rating is assigned after race finish, so removing the race results from one driver's stats is basically the same as trying to "fix" the results. You need to recalculate other drivers' rating anyway otherwise their rating won't be correct.

However, thinking of that, I see two points: 1) this is a (sort of) exceptional situation; 2) the rating system is not a "closed" system (total points gained by all drivers aren't equal to total points lost by all drivers), nor it needs to be one. So what if some drivers' rating is incorrect? If they keep driving, their rating will get back to normal. Just like for those who lost rating due to this bug.

On the other hand, this would still require reviewing each case manually, and I don't know if the team has manpower for that.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ThPRacing

ThPRacing New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    But anyway. Is there a statement from developers if this strange thing is going to be fixed? Are they aware of this bug?
    I never read a comment which tells us if this is known on sector3studios.

Additional info. In my case I had the issues as well when starting RRE without any second party tools or paramenters in the original HUD. Maybe not so often (I think) but the bug exits. Is there an error in the new updated fix for the webinterfaces in RRE?

Hoping for fix

Last edited: Feb 26, 2022
  14. CaptainCoffee

CaptainCoffee Esports Manager Beta tester

Ratings:
    +196 / 0 / -0
    Developers are aware of and working on the bug - thanks to all for sending their logs!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. ThPRacing

ThPRacing New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Thanks..

16. Germano Cervini

Germano Cervini New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    shit, I broke this BUG, I'm losing a lot of points, I finished 4 partedno last, instead I see that the scoring system made me finish last, I'm bored, that's enough!
    https://game.raceroom.com/users/gecervi/

[ALLEGARE=completo]24973[/ALLEGARE]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 26, 2022
  17. UsF

UsF Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    1. HUD disappeared after 1 lap
    2. P2 triggered race finish with timer on server
    3. Waited for the timer to run out
    4. Website gave me the win properly

Attached Files:

18. Qwikstreet

Qwikstreet Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Eddie Forst (Qwikstreet)
    https://game.raceroom.com/users/Qwikstreet/career
    Ranked Weekly Daytona (3x30) America Bronze Server (Camaro)
    02/26/2022 17:30 EDT

1. As soon as I crossed the starting line my entire HUD disappeared. This is the first time this bug happened to me. I tried resetting Crew Chief during the race. I use Crew Chief with OtterHud integration. During a short race its a minor nuiscance but in a longer pit stop race its impossible. I had no time, fuel level, or speed. I also wasnt alerted to my pit penalty and was DQ'd.

I hope you find the issue. This is a great game with potential.

Attached Files:

19. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Using Otter with CC, and saw one driver was listed twice in relative and leaderboard, with exactly same info.
    During MP in GT3 at Spa.02-26-22

20. Rui Paiva

Rui Paiva Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    So, i thought i discovered the problem.... i disable the WebHud integration on Crewcheif , and install the OtterHud by 3 party app... 3 days playing and everything fine until today. First race F4 in Zandvoort, everything ok, next race GT4 in Spa and my car disapears from minimap again..oh boy , here we go again.... 1 lap and the the intire HUD disapears, all positions wrong etc etc....
    Delete OTTERHUD and thats it....back to the crappy default Raceroom stats.