Known Issue HUD issues / incorrect positions - Report here

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by CaptainCoffee, Feb 18, 2022.

1. ThPRacing

ThPRacing New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    That means usings OtterHud leads to the broken stats? Whats about CC as standolone without OtterHiud? Same or working correct?

2. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +467 / 0 / -0
    That would be weird, because these 3rd party apps, like CrewChief, or OtterHud are using the shared memory API of RaceRoom, they shouldn't have any backwards effect on the game itself, but maybe there is a bug in creating the output of the shared memory, I dunno.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. ThPRacing

ThPRacing New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    AFAIK there was an update on this shared memory function from RRE some weeks ago. If I remember correct, from this update on, there were some issues with the internal/ 2. party Huds and race stats.

4. vasco.alvesduarte

vasco.alvesduarte New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Something went completely wrong on this one. I can only imagine a memory leak somewhere is causing this:
    - The drivers name are messed up (see how my surname appears in another drivers name for Otter)
    - there are 5 racers, but Native HUD only shows 3, Otter shows 2 names repeated
    - Otter HUD thinks this is a single player race (no ratings shown)
    - the results of the race are totally wrong. I was 3rd, but am shown as first in the results page.
    - if you look closer there are many more problems with the HUD
    - results in server are completely different from results on the results page after the race

Session: GTR 4 Spa, 01/03/2022 - 13:29:20 EET

Attached Files:

5. vasco.alvesduarte

vasco.alvesduarte New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The problems of the HUD show up also on the Native HUD and even server/results page. It's not a HUD problem. Read the thread

6. ThPRacing

ThPRacing New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    This is what I mentioned. After update of shared Mem function from RRE the issues are existing.

7. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    How or where do you find the log files when there was some issue?

8. TNCBissett

TNCBissett New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Europe Weekly Short - FR US Cup - Mid Ohio
    01/03/2022 - 19:11:18
    /users/B1553TT/ (wont let me enter the full link)

Started race in P1. Gears/relative on Otterhud stopped working lap 1 and Otterhud disappeared altogether on lap 2, leaving only native HUD. Led the entire race and won but, marked as finishing 5th (last) in the race stats. Podium screen showed P1 finish for me. I've attached a screenshot of that as well.

Attached Files:

9. TNCBissett

TNCBissett New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Screenshot

Attached Files:

10. Rui Paiva

Rui Paiva Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    When im not using otterhud i dont have issues. But i use crewchief , but only the audio part, not the WEBHUD integration

11. CaptainCoffee

CaptainCoffee Esports Manager Beta tester

Ratings:
    +196 / 0 / -0
    I don't want to jinx it, but... how are the standings going so far after the latest :hotfix:?

12. Rui Paiva

Rui Paiva Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Didnt try it yet

13. Joe Vogt

Joe Vogt Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I drove three races yesterday and saw no problems in the timings in the HUD, all cars were visible on the minimap and the final standings looked correct too. I report back after some more races.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    Otterhud has started to be unstable. Have had it refuse to start through Crewchief. Then it came back, now gone again.

15. Joe Vogt

Joe Vogt Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I had some more races and in none I saw any problem with drivers missing in the time differences in the HUD and no missing drivers on the minimap.

• Like Like x 2
  16. The Jay

The Jay Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I suffered all of the symptoms of this issue from February, possibly once every 3 races, and lost a lot of rating/reputation points as a result. However, I can report that since the hotfix I've not seen any issues at all on ranked servers, and have now completed around 10-15 races successfully (including one against you recently @Joe Vogt in the GT4 AM server :cool:).

• Like Like x 3
  17. Joe Vogt

Joe Vogt Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I had one race against a Jay since Monday. Am I guessing right, that the race you referred to had no other drivers beside us two? Awesome race, BTW!

18. The Jay

The Jay Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Yes, that was me @Joe Vogt! Great race, looking forward to our next encounter.

I've since completed several more ranked races, all without issue, and I'm noticing that the servers are generally a lot busier too so people's faith in the ranked racing is slowly being restored.

• Like Like x 1
  19. kklook

kklook New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hello

20. bozsomarci

bozsomarci New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi!
    The map of Slovakiaring map does not fit well. The blue arrow drivers somewhere next to the track map. Could you please take a look? Thanks in advance

Attached Files: