iRacing

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dale Junior, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    I mean if you have some triple screen motion rig with a dd wheel and 10 spare rims and upgrade your computer every year then sure :D
    But just getting the content id want would roughly cost me as much (unless they have mass discounts or whatever, but even then theres always the subscription thatll come on top of just the content) as ive spent on hardware over the past 10 years, wouldnt exactly call that peanuts :D

2. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    It doesn't really work like that though. You can get away with having very little content and just build up as you go along. Commit to a car/series (or two) and go from there

3. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Sure you can "get away with that" as you say, but i sure as hell aint paying 100 bucks a year for a subscription just to be limited to a couple cars and a handful of tracks. Iracings just not happening for me :D

4. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    $1.92 a week.

5. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    You're paying for an always on service. If that's what you want, it's worth it.

6. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    For me, at the moment, it definitely isnt. But theyre doing quite well so therell be plenty of people whod agree with you there :D

7. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Yeah sure, each to their own. It's just a reply to the "iracing is expensive" comment that comes up everywhere. It isn't. It's more expensive than something that's free, for sure, but if it's a service you want you use multiple times per week then it's great value. People pay for way more for netflix and similar and 99% of the time they aren't using it.

8. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Guess it ultimately comes down to how you look at iracing/ what you compare it to. If you look at it as a racing sim among other racing sims (as i do) then it sure as hell is a lot more expensive than any of the others. If you look at it as a service thatll get you multiplayer sim races at any time then there isnt really anything to compare it to and so its price doesnt stand out like that and everybody just has to decide if theyre willing to pay whatever they charge. But thats about as kindly as i can look at their pricing :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    I like how you put it, totally agree with that.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0