Is there a command line to run the game in 32bit instead of 64bit

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HoiHman, Dec 6, 2017.

1. HoiHman

HoiHman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +142 / 0 / -0
    I run the game through simcommander, is there a command line i can add so i don't have launch it manually in 32bit mode through steam

2. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    IIRC 64bit has it's own exe with sth ...64.exe. Maybe you should add a link to 34 bit version to your desktop?

3. Sascha Reynders

Sascha Reynders Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -0
    I was going to ask the same thing, a Steam launch option to force R3E in 32bit would be handy. I also launch through Sim Commander (SimVibe won't work any other way) but as that uses a Steam launch argument, it directly launches in 64bit without offering the choice for 32bit. The people at Renovatio Development on the other hand are being their usual slow selves in updating their plugin for R3E to make it work in 64bit...so for now I'm facing the choice between using or SimVibe or my SRD-9C, and I want it all :D

Maybe @J-F Chardon can enlighten us, is there such a launch option we could set ?

Nope, that won't work: even when you double-click rrre.exe (instead of rrre64.exe) it will still launch the 64bit version of R3E, the only way to launch rrre.exe in 32bit seems to be through Steam library, that's the only method where you're offered the choice between the 2 versions.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. serpents on a vessel

serpents on a vessel Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Try removing rrre64.exe from it's folder and create a second copy of rrre.exe and rename it rrre64.exe

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Sascha Reynders

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -0
    I'm quite sure that wouln't work either, but thanks for trying to help :)

6. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    It certainly works for me. If I manually start the 32bit rrre.exe, it starts the 32bit version of the game - there's no "64bit" behind the build number on the startup screen and in the Task manager, the game is also identified as a 32bit process.

7. Sascha Reynders

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -0
    Odd...I always get the 64bit version no matter which of both exes I manually start o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Hygge

Hygge Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Same for me. Even if I run the RRRE.exe manually in the Game-folder the game starts in 64-bit mode.
    I managed to start the game in 32-bit mode by starting it throught the Steam app. (Did this when trying to get Reshade to work and the only option was to force 32-bit via Steam - I can't get Reshade to work with Raceroom in 64 bit. As other people also had this problem with Reshade with Raceroom on Win7 this might also be specific to what Windows version you are running)
    Do you have Win7 or Win10?.

9. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    I'm on Win 10. I can certainly try on Win 7.

10. Sascha Reynders

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -0
    Win10, latest public build 16299.98

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  11. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Would you look where I ended up after searching for this exact question on the internet...

Any update on that subject? I want to create two different shortcuts for 32-bit and 64-bit versions.

So far, the only way to run it in 32 bit is clicking in Steam - either with "Ask on start up" option or "Run in 32 bit" option. Running RRRE.exe file directly, or using steam://run/211500/ shortcut always launches RRRE64.exe process regardless of what's selected in Raceroom properties in Steam.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2023