Problem Losing speed in the corners against the AI

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Peter Kerenyi, May 9, 2015.

1. Peter Kerenyi

Peter Kerenyi Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Hi. The problem I'd like to submit that in full throttle corners (for example the Curva Grande in Monza) the AI just pulls away while I'm flooring the throttle and slipstreaming. And it happens on each track, just sometimes it's less subtle, depends on the corner. I usually drive the Nissan GTR, but I think I had this problem with other cars too. I don't know if it's a physics, tire model, track or car problem, or simply the AI has this much simplified physics, but it's quite a bit frustrating. Does this happen to anybody else? Are you aware of it devs? Thanks for the replies :)

2. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Try the last turn and long straight at Portimao, that's where I noticed that the Ai gets way to much speed. I took out all the wings for less down force and more top speed I can't even get close to the speed they get.

3. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    I guess both of you guys have AI strength above 100. Thats the point for me, where i start to feel that the AI tuned over the limit regarding speed (which means they are faster in straights then me in the same car) to make it more challenging. I'm pretty sure that the physics are calculated differently for the AI, than real players, most probably those are much more simplified (would take lots of CPU power to apply the same physics as real players to all AI), so easily adjustable by the game. I think most of the sim racing games have the same system (still more beliveable to have some extra speed in straights than to have unrealistic grip in turns)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    I remember bringing this up once on Racedepartment forums. A beta tester tried to reproduce the "issue" showing me a video and saying it was OK to him... But I think he misinterpreted my report. AI there is way too fast for how the trajectory is set. You can't defy lateral G in that way... Unless your a disciple of yoda.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1