Multiplayer Mode - help me.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mauricio JP Salles, Apr 19, 2024.

1. Mauricio JP Salles

Mauricio JP Salles Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Oh my God. The more you say, the less I understand. I already explained, my W10 is original and I don't change anything, I just update drivers and software. The only program I was using was the one provided by Asus, called GameFirst. Only that! And now I won't use it anymore. If you understand that I should be kicked and punished with stitches, go ahead and be happy. Congratulations.

2. ThPRacing

ThPRacing New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    It is not so difficult. All was exlained correctely and it happens not only to you. It has nothing to do with punishment of yours. It's game related. Due to probelms of my ISP 2 years aga I lost approx. 29 points by being disconnected due to server fail from my ISP.

So stay cool, go to game servers of your region and have fun.

3. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, it's just how the game systems work. It general they work okay, but there are some situations, like yours for example, that the systems don't handle good or fair. I think it could be done better and I already shared my ideas on that in the past. Don't know if anything will change though, never got a response from any devs. But maybe we'll get a rejoin feature in the future? This will help with disconnects since you'll be able to rejoin and continue and at least won't lose as much reputation as you can right now.

4. Mauricio JP Salles

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    ThPRRacing: Game server
    Many years ago, when I installed Steam, I set "Download" to the closest location to ensure a good connection, and I never changed that.
    See the photo.
    upload_2024-4-21_20-38-12.jpeg
    Months ago I tried using a VPN, which made it much worse and I uninstalled it, and decided to buy the best Internet plan in my region. So, from my own experience, I know very well that you should use the game server as close as possible.

5. Mauricio JP Salles

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    But I've been looking for more information about Asus' GameFirst.
    Look what I found:
    Site reddit:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ASUS/comments/nav7xf/asus_rog_gamefirst_vi_should_i_install_it/?rdt=44379
    ASUS ROG - GameFirst - should I install it?
    I read a lot of reviews about it that reported problems with games installed on Steam (as is my case).
    "Don't install gamefirst. Ever. It causes WAY more networking issues than it solves. It doesn't play nicely with a lot of P2P or client-server games."

Site Microsoft:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...amefirst/459c2876-6363-425e-9e30-b1cfe2f6f7ab
    Issues with Asus Rog GameFirst ?
    "It's bloatware i would not have. The test for bloatware is if it improves performance and offers really useful functions, which no one says about this app."

I believe the problem is him. I've already run a few races in Multiplayer mode and everything ended very well.
    I hope it continues.

Anyway, I'm tired.
    I consider the topic closed.
    I hope, in some way, I have provided information that may be useful.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    These are only Steam servers from which you download your games, not game servers of the games you are playing. Some games look at what region you chose in Steam to find the best server for you, but Raceroom doesn't work like that.

7. ThPRacing

ThPRacing New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Im meant the servers in raceroom where you connect to multiplayer. There are infos in which region they are hosted and you have some info about the ping to these servers in the overview panel of ranked multiplayer. So if you are located in america or near by, it doesn't make sense to connect to asian or european servers due to higher pings. This may lead to high ping and kicks from these servers.

8. Mauricio JP Salles

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I have no idea what you said.
    Like this? Where is what you said?
    upload_2024-4-22_12-34-36.jpeg

9. Mauricio JP Salles

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    upload_2024-4-22_12-38-28.jpeg
    Where is Ping?
    Is there no information about what you said?

10. Mauricio JP Salles

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    There is no place where I can change servers!
    Please help me or leave me alone.
    FeltHλt was the only one who helped me.
    He said, “you can increase your ping with third-party software.”
    I uninstalled GameFirst - Asus
    It was the only change I made.

11. ThPRacing

ThPRacing New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    So on your pics you have the flag symbol on the left side. First two are European servers, Next is USA/ Brazil (Latain america),
    Then Newzealand, Australia.

Ping is shown in column with unit "ms". So third server from above picture has a ping of 222 ms, next one 341 ms.
    Here the possibility to be kicked is very high.

Always try to use servers from the list with low entries in column "ping" (ms).
    At your pictures there is shown no other server with usable pings.

12. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Just because some server doesn't show you ping (and shows "-ms" instead) doesn't necessarily mean your actual ping on the server will be too high to race. I don't know where this issue comes from, but there were periods when almost none of the servers showed me my ping, but I raced there without any issues, never been kicked. Also, I even question the numbers that it shows, I suspect they don't always reflect the ping that you actually get when you're driving.

This is not the best state, for sure: ping is very important yet you don't have any reliable way to see your ping or judge if your connection is good enough. I also pointed out this issue a couple times on Discord, but never had any reply either...

Last edited: Apr 22, 2024
  13. Mauricio JP Salles

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    ThPRacing: Got it, thank you very, very much.
    Ping: when there is "-ms" = low ping = no risk?
    Flag Symbol: Should you only enter those with the Brazilian flag?

14. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    No, "-ms" means you don't know your ping to that server. It could to be too high and you'll be kicked often, but it could also be fine as I described in my post above. It's better to avoid these servers unless you know this server is in Americas or you know your ping will be fine there.

Either that, or if you see "America" in the server name. As I see one of the servers on your screenshots has a EU flag but is called "America - DTM '13-16..."

15. Mauricio JP Salles

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Maskerader: Oops! O Ping que é mostrado na minha foto é o meu ou do servidor? Mas apesar do que disse e melhor entrar em Ping "-ms", certo? Muito obrigado.

16. Mauricio JP Salles

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    OK, Americas.

17. Mauricio JP Salles

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I'm in doubt, based on my photo, which race should I try to enter with a low chance of not getting kicked?
    In any case, the conditions are very limited.

18. Mauricio JP Salles

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Maskerader: Is the Ping shown in my photo mine or the server's? Thank you very much.

19. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    The ping is between you and the server. Different servers are located in different parts of the world and the ping between you and those servers will be different.

No, "-ms" is not zero ping, it's "unknown". It's better to AVOID (don't join) "-ms" servers because you don't know if your connection is good enough. It can be good, it can bad, but it's impossible to say because there's not enough information.

What servers you should join: look at their names and join those that have "America" in their name. Usually these servers also have USA and Brazil flags on their icon, but apparently not always (sometimes the icons are wrong).

20. Mauricio JP Salles

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Man! Thank you very much. But, very, very, very limited.

• Like Like x 1