Not another penny until...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GregoryLeo, May 12, 2016.

1. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    the "even" made it sound as if some people need to be convinced somehow to get other tracks, which didn't sound right. But no offense taken from anyone I'd guess. We don't have German tracks because of German playerbase, but we have German playerbase/tracks because of the publisher's primary affiliations.

constructive criticism, agreed, however the tabloid style naming of the thread isn't really needed to make a point.

@Mich Angel it's natural people will be supportive on certain topics, hence people will say yes I want that in a thread about topic X as well as topic Y. There is no absolutes of what people want, as well as how the game is designed. Everything is in flux I guess. I agree with your point about patience, in the emotional heat most people either ignore or don't know that just because they or many want something really bad, that all of sudden the circumstances for the situation can be magically changed.
    While as developer it's not always easy to read the stuff, they also know it was the power of their creation to set free those emotions in the first place ;) if people gave a shit, they wouldn't vent either.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Is it really that important with hints, teasing and all this "soon" ?

Sometimes it's nice to be surprised :)

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. pixeljetstream

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    One thing those people who "really really" want something should do: Become part of the solution. You could join s3s as programmer. But even less technical stuff does. Go to your favorite track and make tons of pictures and share with dev. You could get in touch with people from some racing series/car/track you want to get licensed and just poke for interest. You could use kickstarter and collect the money to make it happen. You could get performance metrics of cars, find race drivers and interview them about characteristics... collect statistics about average spending of tripple screen/vr owners, the saturation/growth potential... All that stuff takes time and effort and is part of the costs that the publisher has to think about. The more you lower the barrier, the higher the chances.
    Nothing beats hard cash or hard data how to get cash or free work :)

Granted some of that is really far fetched, but if you really want it that much, why not :)

About cash: Let's say you get every member of this forum (5500) to spend 5€, that is 27.500€ Does that sound like a lot? Does it seem hard to get everyone here to buy it? Are actually all who registered still active? Would you make the money from people who are not even registered on the forum? How often until you can actually substantially make an impact on the whole costs to keep s3s, servers, salaries... running for just one month? (and no I have no answers to that, just thinking out loud, and my impression is that the game alone likely wouldn't keep a niche developer with a full team afloat, Kunos had its professional branch, probably still has it, Reiza also feels like a bunch of people have other jobs as well, and s3s has some external duties under which they can operate to make a reasonable living)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
    Last edited: May 13, 2016
  4. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    On a more positive note, R3E does already have a good track line-up covering 18 countries (if I've counted correctly). We are quite well served in this regard, not just quantity but a very high quality. When the standard is this high it's only natural that people want more.

Sector3 should feel pleased that we love the tracks they build!

For me it's the key motorsport nations that need padding-out with a few new tracks: UK, USA, Japan, France, Italy and Australia. Key markets for the game, too.

(...and please build a Spanish track at some point!)

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Well there's not that many (active) German tracks left so they will have to look for other countries sooner or later. ;)

Personally I'm still hoping for Imola the most, tho it's probably less likely than other tracks because there's not really been much racing going on there in the past years, sadly.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. digitizer

digitizer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    I want and i will spend VRPs for the cars :) Next in my list to buy is F4 and Group 5 and still can't wait for new GT3 BMW is coming

• Like Like x 2
  7. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    Ok let me re-start. Yes the title was a bit tabloidy. I had done a couple of very positive threads a while back. I think they got about 100 views and about 6 likes and 1 or 2 comments. So I tried a different approach, seems like drama gets the most attention.o_O
    And let me re-iterate as I have stated on several other threads in the past. I love this sim. I want S3E to thrive so I can continue to play my favorite sim for may years to come. I have put my money where my mouth is and purchased most of the content available to support them. Even though I didn't need a lot of it. I could have saved myself a fair amount of cash and just bought the car I wanted from each class. I'm not complaining and do not regret any of the money I have spent here. Quite the contrary, I like to support the things I like in what ever way I can. I've worked a computer programmer, it truly is not something I excel at. Proficient is the best I can manage. I live on an island quite literally on the other side of the planet. So going around interviewing people is not really an option.
    And in all honesty I probably shouldn't have started this thread on what was my Saturday morning with a bit of a hangover.:confused::rolleyes:
    I don't need any more cars. I love the tracks we have here, and I have all of them. I also don't have a problem with the AI. I have a blast racing them. IMO they don't need much work, if any at all. And I also don't want things done in a hurry. That's one of the things I like about raceroom. They try their best to get it right before they release things. I appreciated Hannes Walstedt's honesty in that they had reviewed their previously started tracks and realized that they weren't up to snuff anymore. Good to know. And at the same time we are missing some of my favorite tracks here.:( To see them in other current sims is a bit frustrating. I never said I'm out of here. I said I was considering spend money else where that I'd rather spend here. But instead of spending hard earned cash on things I'd rather not, I've resurrected my copies of GTR2 and Race 07 and started playing them yesterday instead. Not the same at all, but it works once you get used to them again.:cool:
    Anyway I really don't like bitch and moan threads, and am a bit embarrassed that this one seems to be going that direction. The devs here are the best. They put up with a lot of shit from us and who knows what else. I never insinuated in the least any dissatisfaction with them.:)
    So if you want my money you will get it with new tracks. Not cars, tracks.;)

Aloha
    Gregoryleo

• Like Like x 7
  8. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Just read that Automobilista will be getting Brands Hatch, Oulton Park and Cadwell Park. :)

• Like Like x 4
  9. jimortality

jimortality Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Well I think I counted 34 tracks and although I own them all, there are 12 I haven't touched yet.

I'm happy

• Like Like x 1
  10. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    31 tracks, 69 layouts. ;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
    Last edited: May 13, 2016
  11. pixeljetstream

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    Brave man, @GregoryLeo those old games make my eyes bleed nowadays ;)
    You don't need to justify your opinion, nor how you spend your money. The "part of solution" thought from my end is not pointing fingers to those who don't and chose different way to make use of their deserved free-time, although it can be read like that.

I wouldn't be as concerned about s3s being after your money, it's more about after the joy. You do this job because you want to bring a good time to people, other jobs pay better ;) and with the little number play I tried to show that even if all of this forum buy something it's not nothing, but it's also not really that much. Arguing with money is more of a publisher topic.
    However as cheesy as it sounds spreading happiness is priceless.

Anyway all is good. I am also looking forward to new sceneries to explore, and also frequently hop between AMS and R3E.

For me it's about nice flow with elevation changes and differences in the surrounding countryside. That's why I like tracks that offers different color palette, structures and styles. Not hardcore enough about just track flow alone ;)

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: May 14, 2016
  12. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    You could always scale your number play up to count the 2.5m +/- 40k downloads, and i would imagine £$ or Euro 5 is a very conservative amount ;) http://steamspy.com/app/211500
    As for the rest, people pushing the notion that buying more (content) will create more, it will create more profit for the publisher, no guarentees we as the end user will see any benefit other than reasons to open your wallet.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. pixeljetstream

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    And how much profit is another question, even for the publisher this whole endeavor is probably not a gold mine, otherwise the promotional work we see being done wouldn't have as much priority.

Still think this is not so much about others wanting your money, but you valuing something provided that you chose to like and giving back for the fun time.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    So as long as we wear headphones we can have the full Brands layout? :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    • Funny Funny x 4
  16. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
  17. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    or s3s brings a formula e like series:eek:, a new challenge for @Anthony Monteil .
    I bet, it would sound better than irl

18. fischhaltefolie

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    But Spa is located in Belgium! Isn't it?:confused: You can see this on trackselection screen.
    Didn't know they were doing nudist races there. Maybe on bikes.
    Now I understand naked-bike!

19. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Is there a Spa in Spa?
    This was about Brands Hatch I though... ;)

20. fischhaltefolie

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Lol, Brands Hatch is in Belgium?