OpenVR support

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RaceRoom, Jan 25, 2017.

1. -= Rooooney =-

-= Rooooney =- New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys, What did I wrong? All of you are able to start in VR but me. Do you just typed in "-vr" in the field which is in the first post describted? It allways ends for me in an error message. I had a try with "-VR" but then it is just starting in Cinema Mode :-/ plz help

2. Opel-King

Opel-King Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Which error message? I get 0x0000005

3. -= Rooooney =-

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Yes, same for me

Attached Files:

4. Sircumalot

Sircumalot New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Got a rift too, but mine is a blurry mess. What settings do you use?
    - Did you use -vr switch as starting option?
    - What about that asynchronous reprojection and the other reprojection checkbox?

Is there something "special" necessary do get this to run on a CV1 without blur?

5. celticfc

celticfc New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    No matter what I do I cannot get it to start in VR. It worked right after the initial install but since I went through the Steam VR setup it does not work. Really hoping not to have to uninstall and re-install everything but it looks like that is my next move. This has so much potential and the only reason I have installed it again is because of the VR support. It would be great if they could do native CV1 support using the Oculus SDK .

6. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    For those having issues have you "verified files" in Steam? I had similar start up issues with AC when I first tried to get that going with VR, Verifying Files downloaded a couple of file updates and voila...it worked. So that could be an option to try for RaceRoom too.

7. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    For those looking at a blurry mess, have you tried removing *both* of the render target settings in your steamvr.settings file? J-F spotted a post on another forum which (if Google Translate is right) suggests that R3E might be using the compositor's render target multiplier, which some users set quite low:

"compositor" : {
    "renderTargetMultiplier" : 0.1
    }

8. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Normally your CPU wouldn't be to weak - it's just the downside that R3E still uses a DX9-Engine which isn't much capable of multi-threading. That in fact causes trouble with all Multi-Core-CPU's - so especially AMD-CPU's which are known for a weaker single-core-performance.
    The moments you notice in which the picture gets blurry could be a peak in CPU-Usage. You can reduce particle-details or the amount of visible cars to get better performance, if it isn't on lowest setting already.

9. HoiHman

HoiHman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +142 / 0 / -0
    The VR support is awesome and has brought me back to RaceRoom.

However the current state is still very alpha. I have a I7 4770K @4300Mhz and a GTX1080 GTX@2100Mhz and both have a max load of 50% while i occasionally still get frames in the low 30pfs. With low settings vr2.0 and 4AA the game is playable but my PC should be capable of getting much better performance in RaceRoomVR.

The boost function of my GTX1080 also does not work with RaceRoom.

10. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Try to uncheck steam theater mode.

11. Scorpean

Scorpean New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Has the method for adding points to the vRP wallet changed? I have cash in my steam wallet and previously the game would bring up my steam wallet and let me add vRP points to my R3E wallet. Now when I go to check out, it doesn't let me add vRP to my wallet to make the purchase. Anyone else having this issue?

12. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    That has changed a while back - I think with the introduction of the direct payment via steam-Wallet without adding vRP before.

If you want to "prepay" vRP and save some money, you can buy a redeem-code on https://www.raceroomstore.com
    But there you can't use your money from steam wallet for sure, as there is no connection to steam.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
  13. celticfc

celticfc New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Anyone know why I am getting this message saying that Raceroom does not support VR when I have the latest version installed?
    upload_2017-1-28_16-7-15.png

14. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Just press OK and it will start.
    It just points out that the performance may not be the best.

15. celticfc

celticfc New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    It starts but only on my desktop, it does not go into VR mode. This is driving me nucking futs.

16. Frank25

Frank25 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    I've the same results as " HoiHman". With -vr 2.0, 4x AA and medium settings (only 12 visible cars!) the game is playable, but only with 45 FPS and ASW (Asynchronous Space Warp). My GTX 1070 and i7 4790K have both a maximum load of about 60%. I don't know why? This is a poor performance compared to other games like AC, Dirt Rally, iRacing, where I get 90 FPS with the same graphics settings and quality. Maybe the reason is, that these games are DX11 and Raceroom is only DX9. I hope, that they nevertheless can improve the performance a little bit, because I like racing Raceroom in VR very much. And please improve the framerate of the loading screen before the race, because this makes me sick.

17. -= Rooooney =-

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    The result is the same -> Error Message.
    Can someone plz read out my bugreport I uploaded on Page 8? (last post) Maybe there is the solution for the problem.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Frank25

Frank25 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    - In your Steam client library, right click RaceRoom and select "Properties".
    - In the Properties pop-up window, under the "General" section, click the "Set Launch Options..." button.
    - In the dialog box that opened, just type in "-vr" (without the quotation marks) and it will use the default value for render target multiplier, which we currently have set to 1.5.

19. celticfc

celticfc New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I have the launch settings as you described -VR I have upper case but will try lower case to see if that makes a difference

20. -= Rooooney =-

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    It makes a difference. With "-VR" it just starts in VR Cinema Mode ... with lower case letters it should start in the normal mode ..... when it is not crashing ... :,-(