[Physics Update] P1, P2 & Daytona Prototype - 27/01/2022

Discussion in 'Car Information and physics updates' started by Alex Hodgkinson, Jan 27, 2022.

1. Grimmi

Grimmi New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Put rearwing to max and it is a little bit better.

2. DonaldD

DonaldD Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Just to test the new physics out I launched the DMD P21-P2 and Mistral M530-P1 in practice mode.
    The cars are reasonably difficult to drive on the edge - but OK (IMO).
    But what is not OK is the shift down locks.
    The P2 is so bad I thought it was the shifter on my wheel that was mal-functioning.
    So I gave up on this car after some frustrating laps.
    But the P1 isnt much better - but at least it is possible to shift down if you just wait about 2sec between shifts.
    Hehe slightly exaggerated - but still an issue.:mad:

I have to say that my old street car is able to shift down faster than these socalled simulations of high tec race cars.:D

3. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    You may be right as I did the opposite and put the front wing to 1 on Indy and the Mistral was fine. I´ll try on other tracks.

4. jackgore121

jackgore121 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    might wanna change the maximum brake bias to 70/30 like most cars are in R3E as I accidentally selected 0/100 brake bias which obviously undriveable :D upload_2022-1-29_13-43-24.png

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    Actually it's going to go the other way - most cars need to be changed to match.

This is to match the behaviour of most real brake bias adjuster bars which allow the brake bias to be wound fully to one end or the other:

[​IMG]

6. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    So, which era exactly do the DMDs and the Mistrals represent? The P2 cars seem to be a lot slower than modern LMP2 cars.

7. Speedo

Speedo Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Alex, can you please double check?
    I have adjusted camber and pressure, now I have camber temp and pressure temp again in good range.
    Instead of the expected decrease I Still experience for DTM20 an increased tire wear by about 15%.

8. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    The store has them listed as from 2009. Dont know if thats a precise year but i guess its enough to roughly put them into whatever era was around that time

9. Alex Hodgkinson

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    The Radical SR9 raced from 2006 to 2010, so the other two are matched to that same era.

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. Joe Ore

Joe Ore New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    For setting the correct camber it was the recommendation to have 10 degrees between inside tyre temperature und outside tyre temperature, but now with 10 degrees the tyre temperature is very high. If you reduce now the camber then you will have only 5 degrees temperature difference. What is now the recommended temperature difference for the DTM2020 cars.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Alex Hodgkinson

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    Here I describe it's important to have an equal temperature spread across the tyre and gave an example with 10 degrees inside/outside difference. I haven't given a recommendation for a temperature difference as it's different per car and circuit.

12. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    If my understanding if this device is correct, I don't think it would allow you to have 100/0 or 0/100 brake balance. You'd need to apply pressure directly on one end, right? Like that:
    Untitled-1.png

That's impossible with a device like on your picture. Also I see a bolt head on the left side which is pretty close to the left fulcrum so it won't allow the pin to go too far to the right.

13. Alex Hodgkinson

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    In theory you are correct, but from experience when the bar is wound fully one way the opposing side master cylinder doesn't displace enough fluid for the brake pads to grab the discs.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Navigator

Navigator Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I have my work in real world racing and I can tell you; it does go "all the way".

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Stelcio

Stelcio Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I think the updated default aero setups are a bit... optimistic for a starting point. If you're not used to those cars, you may spin a lot.

16. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Yes, too much front aero on the Mistral and DMD P2 default, either more rear or less front wing helps a lot.

17. Alex Hodgkinson

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    I ran a 10 lap test at Hockenheim GP on default setup, here are my findings:

upload_2022-1-31_17-15-30.png

This is about what I would expect. With some setup adjustment, life of the left front could easily be extended.

18. Joe Ore

Joe Ore New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    What was the wear before the update, that we can compare.