App R3E Ranked Server Data

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Yuval Rosen, Sep 20, 2021.

1. Yuval Rosen

Yuval Rosen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 7
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2022
  2. pierredietze

pierredietze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Cool! Maybe you can add an option to preselect the region you want to look at. Not interested in american or ocianic server.

3. Yuval Rosen

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    This was also suggested in reddit, I will add that.

Edit: Added! (with some other options as well)

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
  4. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    I don't quite understand what this app is for, other than viewing who's on the server without joining it.

Everything else I can see in the game or on the multiplayer page, and I'd prefer these two options because in the game I can join a server right away and on the MP page all the info is compact and there's also info about scheduled races, not only about those running right now. What both of them lack is: 1) converting the scheduled times into my local time; 2) estimated time when a next race is available to join.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
  5. pierredietze

pierredietze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    I think it's quite useful to see the S.o.F. and Reputation. I am not using webhud or otterhud or any other hud, so it's interesting to see how strong is the field before joining.

What i like to have is a smaller layout. Too much scroll and click for my taste. I would prefer a layout similar to the

with all the "general" information in some kind of table, except the driver names.

6. Yuval Rosen

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    I have had the "smaller layout" feedback many times already, so I tried to make it smaller, better now?

7. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I find it more convenient now.

Ah, yes, that's useful information, I didn't think of that.

8. SchlesiM

SchlesiM Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    I found this website really useful (e.g. for checking current ranked races on my smartphone).

Only in maintenance at the moment or pemanently down now?

9. Yuval Rosen

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    Not permanent, just a small problem with the hosting service I am using, it would be fixed as late as by the end of the month, and maybe sooner.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yuval Rosen

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    Back up!

11. SchlesiM

SchlesiM Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Great!

Meanwhile I also found your app, and I absolutely appreciate it! Even better than the website, with lots of different information. Exactly what I was looking for to be able to check some things without being forced to switch on the PC. Very useful addition to the "R3E universe". :)

Just one issue: I just wanted to donate for your efforts using the app. But it seems to be broken because when using this function the app is quitting back to home screen.

Another hint for the german localization (also great to have!): when certain features (like pit stops) are disabled in a race the appropriate german term would be "ausgeschaltet" (switched off). In german the current term ("behindert") has rather a meaning of being (physically) "handicapped".

And maybe some suggestion: would it be possible to directly jump to a certain users ranking info? Maybe by adding a "search" function in the ranking view? Or maybe by being able to search for a certain ranking value (e.g. by jumping directly to the first entries > x)?

12. Yuval Rosen

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    That's actually not my app, it's of a guy named João Castanheira, my website was made after seeing the app and wanting to have a web version of it.

Passed your feedback to him.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2021
  13. Yuval Rosen

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    Note that an update to his mobile app has been released, see if it fixes some of the things you said.

14. SchlesiM

SchlesiM Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately the new version crashed when trying to add my profile after the user search.
    Then I deleted all app data and cache content. Now I was able to add my profile as default user.
    But: now the apps crashes if I push the "user" menu item. Funny: doesn't crash when using the "friends" item.

Fortunately all problems were solved by completely deinstalling and re-installing the app :).

Localization issues seem to be corrected, but still no function to jump directly to a certain user in the driver table.

15. Yuval Rosen

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    New Feature!
    From now on, you can watch Twitch streams from within the website, if a user has a Twitch URL in his "Team" section of his profile, the server will get a Twitch icon, and a Twitch live stream window will appear when you hover the URL!

twitch.png

Should I add that the live stream will appear also when hovering over the Twitch icon in the main window?

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2021
  16. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
  17. Quekel

Quekel Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Love it!

18. Yuval Rosen

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    The app is down for a bit, will be fixed as late February 1st.
    Sorry for this downtime, hopefully this issue will be fixed so it won't happen again!

19. Yuval Rosen

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    Back UP!

20. Yuval Rosen

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    Again there are problems, this time it's not my fault but RaceRoom's fault, will update once they fix it.