Raceroom in SRS (Sim Racing System)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rui Paiva, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    But iracing just splits it straight through the middle. if you can have a max of 20 drivers on each track and you have 21 guys, 11 go to one split and 10 to the other. On SRS you get 20 on one and 1 on the other. This happened on my first race on SRS. There were like 26 or somthing guys ready to race and when i joined the server there were only 2 or 3 other cars. It's a really bad first impression. But appart from that it's really good. Servers are mostly ok as long as you run in your region, the ranking system also works well and the guys there who race are also mostly clean and fun to drive against :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Lølwut

Lølwut Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    I never knew i needed something like this until i found this thread. really looking forward to it now :D

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    Honestly I don‘t know if this system is a userbase must have and ppl would use it but hopefully it is ;)

Currently I want this so bad because of my experience in public racing. Most of the time you meet the same gang of drivers and I like it but, and that’s good and bad at the same time, you meet in every race bad drivers who Ruine others race. I don’t say that’s their plan, most of the time it is just because of less practice or they are new into this game.
    And then I wish we have a rating based system like in iracing but the other side of this medal ist, that you meet in public races a lot of new drivers and not all of them drives bad. So let’s see what’s the future brings

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  4. fdeutsch

fdeutsch New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    This is great news for R3E. I have used SRS system for a while and is a very nice platform for multiplayer scheduled races. There may be some room of improvement on some areas, but is great to gather a good bunch of people for racing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Rui Paiva

Rui Paiva Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    My opinion about the equal server slip is that i prefer to have a full grid that having 2 servers with 11 players each. Because with 11 players you know half of them will not end the race, and it's boring. In the beginning I have stayed in the 2 server. I didn't mind because it was good to learn and increase the rating . After that i played most of the time in the first server with all slots full.
    Remember that in SRS the server n 1 has TV live transmission .

6. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0

• Like Like x 7
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Rui Paiva

Rui Paiva Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
  8. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Gotta love it... :cool:

SME.JPG

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. almkicker

almkicker Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Same issue here. Wtf?

Sector3 announced some thing about driver ranking and so on last year and that they are working on it. Is there something coming on or did they just put in the hands of srs?

10. Jorgen Wahlby

Jorgen Wahlby Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
  11. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    Video should work now for everyone.

• Like Like x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  12. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    Afaik S3 is still working on their ranked system. And looking at what everyone else is doing I'd say they better hurry up or they'll be last to have one.

13. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    It does for me. Thank you! :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Rafael Jiménez

Rafael Jiménez Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Good news, no doubt. The best thing about SRS are the race schedules. There are races every hour, yes, but not in the same category. If you like GT3 for example, you have a race at 20:00 and until 0:00 do not run again.
    I imagine it is a matter of number of servers.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Arcson

Arcson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    I think it's still okay, even if there is a 4h gap between races in a particular serie. What made me to buy premium pack and play Raceroom in general, despite it being polished so much, was the possibility to jump into a multi-player race anytime. Not so often races may result in bigger grids :)

16. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    As for the legal infringement issue with the video (I think it’s because of the music from Europe „Final Countdown“ that is used), I recommend TunnelBear as VPN App. No problems with watching the video using it, here in Germany. ;)

...and I’m also looking forward to SRS. I used it with AC and it was a great experience. I wonder how it will be implemented for R3E. For AC it’s an in game app, integrated within the main menue. What will be the solution for R3E?!...

17. Whipdiddywhip

Whipdiddywhip Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    it will launch straight to the server from their website i believe

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  18. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    SRS with Assetto Corsa is a little clunky at times, but overall it's a good way of encouraging offline racers to jump in the online water. The few races I've undertaken have been very enjoyable. Raceroom owners should get a kick out of it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    What I see (as someone involved in organising simracing-community events) is, that just like with Justrace, established Communities & SR- Portals might consider that as counterproductive to their own efforts and hard work of gathering drivers and organizing events, while having implemented their own systems/databases as well.
    Well okay for random/mostly offline drivers looking for contacts it might be good opportunity to drop in, worth a try, but (forgive me being so straightforward) from my experience with random open (fun-) events (not leagues) you will mostly get a quick peak after release because its all new & shiny and after that it mostly remains "dripping" in best case...not because of the system per se, but because of clients that actually wish to remain tentative in their activities & commitment.
    But you'll never know.......as a worldwide initiative, from what I read, it might run fine...
    I'll wait for what RaceRoom/Sector 3 will have to offer in this regard...

Good Luck ;)

20. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    I also though this to be the case, however SRS has been growing consistently on the AC side. When i joined the first time at peak hours you had barely 1 full server. Currently the more popular series easily fill up 3, sometimes 4 servers. This means about 80 players. The simpit race had always 3-4 full servers every week (last season was the same), consistently and it wasn't even in the more popular hour. With a bit of patience i think raceroom can also get to that level.
    This i the Simpit race. (every week)
    upload_2018-2-23_14-31-51.png
    And this is the audi TT cup, every 3 hours (more or less)
    upload_2018-2-23_14-32-36.png
    Pretty good numbers for week races. I hope Raceroom can acieve this type of numbers too =D.