Racing@ESR & GearEx - Reminder & Reviews

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by n01sname, Apr 16, 2015.

1. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
  2. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Well the Multiclass -Races we held yesterday at Salzgurgring and Race Room Bridge were fun, though there was a slide misunderstanding regarding "Mandatory Pitstop" cause one driver (D.Dettke) obviously expected there will be a call for pitin/pitstop window like with SP DTM/ ADAC 14, which of course still doesn`t work with default RRE, so that it was based on a Gentlemen Agreement. But as far as I reviewed the races everyone else did his pitstop. So many thx to all who participated :)
    Assuming that most of us haven't much practice with the Radicals, I again was stunned that the gap between the average Radical Pilots and well-trained GTR 2 drivers was not that big : Deni Kremer on GTR 2 BMW qualified with a 1:18.2 at Salzburg while the dominator of both races Magnus Stjerneby was around 1.16.8 at qualy and race in his Radical.
    I was really looking forward to see how the pitstops are going - on third position with my Radical Judd (Magnus and Dettke far ahead)
    I noticed that a few drivers incl. Magnus were very slow pitting in, while I have some good practice with DTM 14 and , not to forget, all relevant buttons for pitstop actions on my wheel. So I indeed managed to steal Magnus a few secs BUT had a typical error at first chicane after pits : locked my cold wheels ...and lost my advantage promptly hehe ( but had no chance to catch Magnus anyway). Another issue was that some drivers (again) quit after slight errors...( :( :rolleyes:)
    At Raceroom Racetrack all went smooth as well, thus I changed to GTR2 but I never drove them since last major patch, and so it was a rude awakening for me, cause they don't handle like on rails anymore...not to mention the start crash I was involved with...(innocent btw)..

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
  3. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Enjoy the break! Thanks for the work putting stuff together!

5. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    I couldn't resist to buy and check out Macau today :) and after a first MP attempt with WTCC 14 and the expectable chaos we switched servers to DTM 92 (thx to Harry Ohlson/Peter Lustig for hosting) and it was really a blast ! Of course we also had an "Austin Powers Hairpin-Situation" here and there but once all drivers got adapted it was a hell of a race, ...last not least because some GearEX m8s joined us so that we had fair and smooth racing once more :)... specially the last race I joined there was a thrilling fight going on between Mr. Jeffrey and me , and between @James Nance & @Öberg
    Thx to @James Cook for joining - nice to have had you on the grid, hope you had as much of fun as the rest of us....

• Like Like x 1
  6. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Thanks. Sorry I could only stop for the one race with you. I was well off the pace at Macau. Trying to negotiate this circuit with a pad was tough. Need to get the wheel out next time!

7. James Nance

James Nance Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 0 / -0
    It was a great drive with Oberg, till I had that awkward moment my brother was staring at me while I was driving, requiring me to take my headphones off and talk, then get them back on while driving all over the place lol. In the end I was not concentrated and made the mistake on my own at the Lisboa corner. Tough starting from the back, once its blocked might as well power on through lol.

• Like Like x 1
  8. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Morning gents, got two races with some of you last night, threw away a good one at RBR chasing @Steven Bull while defending from @Paul Jeffrey, ended up rolling at T1 and damaging the engine so not a good start to the evening.
    Race 2 at Mid-Ohio, didn't know there was a short track lol. I want to apologize to @Steven Bull, a fluke lap put me third on the track, a good start put me second and then lack of track experience meant I forgot it was a short track, missed T2 and I went straight into his rear quarter, ruining his race. Sorry mate, that was a noob mistake.
    Not a good evenings racing, here's hoping for better next time. :)

9. Steven Bull

Steven Bull Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Haha, no worries mate. You never ruined my race. It was ruined before it even started! The Chevy's obviously use up their fuel quicker than the others. I noticed early on this might be the case so I started to cruise with 10 mins to go, to save fuel. Thought I was being clever! :D The Citroens and Hondas kept going right to the end though and I finally ran out.

I also didn't realise there was a short track at Mid Ohio btw!

1st race was decent though. Was nice to see you and Paul right up at the front with myself. You got a better start but I was patient and waited for a mistake, then I saw you roll in my mirror at T1. Paul eventually had to quit as well so that was that but I enjoyed the start of the race.

10. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    :( Yepp, the Mid-Ohio Race with WTCC 14 was really a blast. Had a perfect start (Cruze) fighting with a guy for 2nd position first two laps and indeed managed to chase Nenad Djordevic for a while, but traffic (many thx to the backmarkers btw. who really paid attention !) prevented to get really close and I guess (?) it was you @Steven Bull who caught up to me (tenth by tenth each lap) - then someone wrote "Fuel..?" or sth via chat and looking on the status display I realized I probably wouldn't make it. Slowed down to save some fuel & could have gone to pit but I wanted to see if the non-chevy drivers would make it to the end - they did...:(
    Note that afaik (30mins race) the server settings for fuel consumption were on default...

11. Steven Bull

Steven Bull Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Yeah that was me that caught you. It was also me that wrote 'Fuel?' as I was already aware it was going to be an issue.

12. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  13. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    @Steven Bull, I think I started slowing down when I unlapped myself against you, thought, "he's going slow, wonder why" then saw it, I ended up running out of fuel and stopping on the last corner on the last lap. I could see the finish line lol.
    Good fun though, need to practice that circuit.

RBR was fun though, the opening 2 or three laps was hell but I thought so long as I kept putting the car in the right positions and concentrated on a good exit, I could make a race of it but that turn 4 when you went around the outside, I have no idea what I was thinking, braked too early, went high up on the curb and made a mess of the throttle control, good pass though, still not easy around the outside.
    Had a race there again today, same car, found your pace by removing a click on the rear wing and won by a good margin, looking forward to our next meeting :D

When is the next event?

14. Steven Bull

Steven Bull Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Yep, that's it, I was running lowest wing. Braking for T3 was interesting with that setup, especially when I was pushing the brake bias towards the rear! :D

15. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I really should learn to alter brake bias during a race, I'm sure that's costing me time sticking with a static brake setup. I figured you'd done something either on the wing or gear ratios, in a straight line, I couldn't seem to catch you even if we had come out the corner at the same speed. lol.