REAL without BoP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tuborg, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Jukka Karppinen

Jukka Karppinen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -0
    What is the point of making 1992 car to class where others are from late '80, and then balance all of their performance to 1992 level?
    Why not to make more late eighties cars instead whom performance would closely match to rest of the TC classics without too much balancing? There is sh*tloads of 80's cars to choose...

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Thats what I've suggested earlyer in this thread... Splitting Touring Classics in years 82 - 87 and 88 - 92. would be great in more ways

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Because time and money. Give it the former and the latter will surely follow :)

4. Rodger Davies

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    That makes no sense in this context, as the spread of in BoPped Touring Classics would encompass the DTM 92 class anyway, so why not just this this as the baseline if they're going to BoP the class anyway?

Anyway, this was ultimately what ended Group A touring cars anyway, so interesting to see that the discussion is still ongoing!

5. Emerson Meyer

Emerson Meyer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    The only thing that makes no sense is mixing cars from different eras.
    Only an easy way to populate a "new" class.

In this regard I am a purist. I don't care about a dominant car. I'm looking for a simulator.

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Yeah you're right... I wrongly stated my two last sentences.

My point was: BOP should be not there by "default".
    Cars should perform and behave as close as possible to what was/is their IRL counterpart.
    BOP should be there as an option for specific requests/needs, in other terms: as a user-side controllable feature.

There you go... rephrased! :D

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    It also doesn't simulate that the AMG Mercedes's of Ludwig and Schneider had probably better mechanics, probably more factory help, etc. It doesn't simulate the privateer M3s as being worse than the works Schnitzer cars. Is it still not simulating anything?
    If the Mustang and the Omega were never balanced out, nobody would touch them. Maybe a couple of hotlaps (also see AC) And yet, the MP races have been incredible, the best class in the sim.
    This sim still NEEDS more players and you want no BOP? The last thing R3E needs is splitting this small community even further.

You know how many people would've bought WTCC 14 if the Citroens were realistic? Think about that.

Just a question? Do you race online? Are you a fairly competitive person and driver? Just curious.
    Usually it's the grandpa drivers that enjoy driving the slower cars and use that as an excuse.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
  8. Emerson Meyer

Emerson Meyer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Hah. That clears it up then. It's not worth discussing anymore, I've said my piece.

10. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    A quote from President Lincoln, seems he was right.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    I do not know how BoP is being done by S3S. It might be easy to turn off BoP, like how pCARS is designed but it is hard to say whether it is the same for R3E.

To be honest, I am all for a more diversified field than classes with mostly 2-3 cars that pCARS is having a lot of issues with. It is dull to race in classes with 2-3 unique models.

Why not? I rather have more cars on the grid than less cars.

Getting more licenses isnt as easy as you think, like how S3S had problems getting Aston Martin licenses due to high cost.

12. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately licensing is often an issue. But to make the idea of splitting the Touring Classics in differen eras a bit more visual here an idea how that Classes could look like:

Touring Classics 82 - 87 with own BoP:
    Volvo 240 T (exist)
    BMW 635i (exist)
    Rover Vitesse
    Jaguar XJ-S
    Chevy Camaro Z28
    Holden Comodore VK
    Alfa would be great but licensing?!

Touring Classics 88 - 92 with own BoP:
    Nissan GT-R R32 (exist)
    BMW M3 gr. A (exist)
    Mercedes 190 (from DTM92)
    Opel Omega (from DTM92)
    Ford Sierra Cosworth

DTM92 stays at it is with own BoP (much works influence in cars)

Touring Classics 93 - 98 with own BoP:
    BMW 320i
    Audi A4
    Nissan Primera
    Opel Vectra
    Peugot 406
    Honda Accord
    Volvo V40 or 850

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    If S3S could bring in these cars, that would be great to separate the Volvo 240T and 635i.

Maybe this will happen in the future but licenses like Jaguar, Holden and Alfa Romeo would be tough to license for only a handful of cars though.

14. baronesbc

baronesbc Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    i'm disagree. in leaderboards you can use the faster car to do the time, what is the problem?
    in multiplayer races it's not true that everyone use the fast cars.. for me everything you need to have fun is find someone to battle. take the car that you like more, and try to pull out of it all you can.

with the BoP practically we're driving fancy cars .. and as far as I'm appreciating R3E, I'm totally disagree with this philosophy.
    hypothetically, if it should ever get out a GT Legends pack, the Lotus Cortina would become similar to the Ford Falcon so the online would be more balanced? I can't believe it.
    the nice to have an entire category of cars it is that each car is unique, with strengths and weaknesses, which can make it more or less competitive depending on the track also, and it is the driver who has to be good at interpreting it.
    I want to make races like this on R3E:

I understand that there is the need to make online competitions balanced, but you can follow other roads. For example with the Power and Glory (mod for Gtr2 based on GT Legends), for online leagues you can combine more cars so you have pretty similar lap times for the race, despite the cars have very different characteristics.
    Or at limit, to server discretion, use an unique physics for all cars in the same category, developed to part or based on the most balanced car in the pack.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Rodger Davies

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    But that sort of is how it works; BoP isn't making every car identical, it's striving to give each a chance on an 'average' track, but each car will achieve that time in different ways - DTM 92 is a great example of that; the Mustang is superb in a straight line and the M3 is great around corners

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Ryan Callan

Ryan Callan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Remember guys, the whole philosophy of Group A (engine size = weight & tyre width) was designed with BoP in mind. If the authorities at the time could have balanced the cars out like Sector3 has (superbly, with easily distinguishable characteristics), then they definitely would have, zero doubts there, indeed they tried.

Previous to Group A, BoP wasn't really a factor considered at all. Group A regulations were the birthplace of the advanced and stringent BoP (to the point of standard parts) we see today.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. JyriK

JyriK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Still doesn't make much sense that GrA and DTM'92 M3 E30s are similar performance-wise.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    tell you what's not funny is a Nissan gaining by 1.5 seconds on the Norisring main straight, It takes the mick tbh.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Rodger Davies

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    I'm confused. They're both the same car aren't they? The TCC one could be any year, it's not a specific year's car, so 1992 version is as good as any.

20. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    @baronesbc thanks for the video mate that was serious epicness! :D
    ...and I agree with you about the fancy cars on track: it's gonna be a nice parade of different cars with similar performances.

I don't think this will increase grid size: the attendance will be the more or less the same in my opinion.
    As Jay said at the beginning of this thread, BoP was made just to avoid having mono-grids with the fastest car of the package.
    I agree (to certain degree) that BoP will help people being more competitive even with "slower" cars but again... why not making it as an option in the dedi-servers? S3S server may host their PUBS by setting the BoP on, so when you go online on their server you know that's what you'll find. Easy peasy

• Agree Agree x 4