Released Salzburgring

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Apr 14, 2015.

1. MarcM

MarcM Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    ... happens to me as well. I`m sure it`s the moving barrels again - this one moves just a bit to the left to trick us into taking the wrong race-line. Will have a close look next time watching a real race at Salzburgring if the actual barrels behave the same way.

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    hmm, depends on the car i think... have that with a Ford Capri today, as i was testing that car for the first time @ Salzburgring (Thanks @Seb S15-Team GTR3-FR for that Training-Session ;) ). to early downshifting kills the Gearbox very very quick...

Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
  3. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    The penalty system is not good anyway. You have an accident and leave the track - you get a penalty. You get crashed into or pushed off the track - you get a penalty. You unwantedly and accidentally land in the sand - you get a penalty.

Needs to be redone, and thoroughly. Right now I would wish to switch penalties off, that irresponsibly and unreliably it works. In AC, there were bitter discussions about right he same problem. But at least in AC one could switch penalties off now.

4. The Angry Hamster

The Angry Hamster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    I have to respectfully disagree. Of all the racing games/sims I play I would say Raceroom has, far and away, the best penalty system and implementation. It is generally both fair and appropriate for the situation that happened.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Art_Vandelay

Art_Vandelay Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I also like R3E's penalty implementation better than AC. I usually have it set to the "Slow Down" penalty, and it usually works the way that it seems like it should. If I go a little off track but don't gain any advantage, it seems like I usually just get a warning, with the slow downs generally only coming when I've genuinely "shortcutted" the track. Of course, I don't cut the course on purpose -- most of the time, it is either a result of contact or an evasive maneuver to avoid a collision, and it can be a little frustrating to get a slow down penalty under those circumstances. But that has to be a challenge to code for and those incidents have been fairly infrequent in my experience.

That said, I'm all for more options, such as adding the ability to disable penalties altogether in single-player, and at the discretion of the MP host once dedicated servers are available.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    And I disagree with your disagreement. :) There is zero differentiation between accident and push, and abuse. The penalty itself then may look differently, but the way the decision is made is as bad as in AC.

Therefore: optional use of penalties for me only, please. At least in SP. That even a low quality compromise over some form of punishment for short-cutters and cheaters in MP is needed, i understand.

7. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    I have a slight problem with the penalties on R3E, if I run wide at a hairpin, hit a wall, lose several seconds, I don't think it's fair that I should then have to serve a time penalty on top of my mistake which already cost time lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Thats weird cause I`m a Capri guy and didn`t have any issues so far....but watching the Capri Presentation Vid at G5 Updates thread helped me to tame this beast: The Veteran driving his Zakspeed has such a relaxed and sensitive driving style - showed me that if you treat them like a Lady, these cars run like hell :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. The Angry Hamster

The Angry Hamster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    For single player that makes more sense to have the option to toggle them completely off.

I'm interested in the situations you describe about getting penalties in areas where you've already lost time. Generally if I run into a situation where I am going off track and I slow myself down appropriately I do not get the penalty afterwards. I guess it would also be worth noting I generally am playing in multiplayer or the challenges where the penalties are all slow downs or laps invalidated.

10. Tobias Schröder

Tobias Schröder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0 / -0
    Um... You can do that already now o_O