Telemetry SecondMonitor (Timing & status App)

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Winzarten, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Cyberdutch

Cyberdutch New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Very nice program, worked always flawless untill now at V9.16.0
    The Broadcast server is losing connection to the simulator as soon as the racesession starts.
    When restarting racesession ingame, the remote broadcast server is ditching the connection to the simulator too.
    The network connection to the remote client is stable.

2. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    I will try to have a look on the remote instability. There was some big rework at that time, sadly it introduced few gremlins.

3. Сhungchan

Сhungchan New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No browser support like Simhub or SIMDashBoard :( then no opportunity to view info through phone :(

4. Cyberdutch

Cyberdutch New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, hope to see the remote function back on track. Thanks.
    If you need input, please let me know.

5. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    New version was pushed, hopefully the remote issues were fixed :)

Yes, it is, by design, a desktop app, and there are no plans to rewrite it to a phone app, or a web app.

6. Cyberdutch

Cyberdutch New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No more remote issues, tested with Assetto Corsa and Automobilista 2. Remote server is functioning stable now.
    Thanks for fixing :)

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  7. Cologne Racer

Cologne Racer New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hi Winzarten,

is there a limitation for Second Monitor for vehicles on servers? I have now had to fix several times that apparently does not work on "Big Grids" Second Monitor. The connection to ACC is available, but nothing is displayed, no map, no "timing grid", no tyre display!?

Cologne Racer

8. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    There shouldn't be a limitation.
    Could you please upload a log? Is it issue only in ACC? Or it appears also on other sims?

9. Cologne Racer

Cologne Racer New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hi Winzarten,

I like to do it, I hope it's the right one. The problems were at 9.42 a.m. on September 24, 2023.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

10. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Sorry for the late reply, I was on a business trip. I will try to have a look during the weekend ;)

11. Cologne Racer

Cologne Racer New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    No Problem...:)

12. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    I've had a look, and sadly it looks to be an artifact of ACC limitations.
    Basically, ACC has two source of data, the new broadcast server based on UDP, and a SharedMemory model transported from the original AC. The SharedMemory holds information for max 60 cars. If there are more than 60 cars, then app tries to access index 61 and the app crashes.

SharedMemory is the only place where true world coordinates for each car is, which is necessary for the map. This is the reason why there is no map, only a circle, if you connect to an ACC session as spectator.

I will try to solve it somehow, so atleast the app doesn't crash.
    But to properly support more than 60cars, I most likely have to revert the map view to timing circle in such cases. As I don't have coordinates for all cars in such case.

The are WorldPosX and WorldPosY fields in the UDP data, but these look to be pitch and yaw, and Kunos never bothered to fix them
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...programmers-thread.53826/page-13#post-1203499

13. Cologne Racer

Cologne Racer New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Ok, that's too high for me now. If I have understood you right, the map cannot represent this and that's why the rest does not work. So at the next Big Grid I will put the card on the cycle view. I am only surprised that no one has noticed here so far. Or can it be that it worked in one of the previous versions?
    Despite many thanks for your effort!

14. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    It will not work right now, even on cycle view, I have to fix it first.
    The issue is that I try to retreive data for car 61+ from ACC memory, and it is not there, so the whole thing just crashes.

I'm also surprised noone reported it yet, because it was there since day 1...

15. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Should be fixed now, and big fields in ACC should work :)

• Like Like x 2
  16. Henri Nurmela

Henri Nurmela New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello, any update on this?

17. mnunderscore

mnunderscore New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi there,
    I've got an issue with the Timing UI not opening on my main PC. However, it opens without any issues on my laptop which runs a clean Windows installation.
    Everything else (Telemetry UI, Plugins manager and data broadcast server) opens and runs flawlessly.
    Thanks

Edit: I tried an older version (9.9.0) of the app just in case, and it works.

Attached Files:

• log.txt
      File size:
      11.2 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2023
  18. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Damn, I though I have already squished this one, should be, hopefully, fixed in todays update :)

Not much I'm afraid, the guy haven't contributed in a while. I might get to it sometime, but not in the near futurue.

19. mnunderscore

mnunderscore New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Can confirm, it's fixed!
    Cheers :)

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  20. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    New version adds the option to use 'hybrid' ordering of drivers in timing grid.
    In this mode drivers are ordered by their current race position (so as in absolute ordering), except a small window around the player (8 seconds ahead and behind by default). Drivers in this window are ordered by their relative position to the player (so relative ordering).

upload_2023-12-23_13-16-45.png

For me it is quite usefull in multiclass races, as I have the overview of the race, but I can also see traffic I'm approacing / is approaching me, and the gap to them. Also works in practice and qualification. :)

To use hybrid mode, change the Drivers Order in Options->Columns to Hybrid. Size of the window, as well as the properties of the visual separation can be configure in Options->Timing Grid.

• Like Like x 3