Telemetry SecondMonitor (Timing & status App)

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Winzarten, Oct 26, 2017.

1. yuca

yuca New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    just want to thank you for this app
    using it on GTL & Race07 via the Companian (which emulates an AMS1 running)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Bindaree Racing

Bindaree Racing Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Love this app.
    I am having a small issue though. When ever I try to create a new championship in the program, it crashes of sorts on any Sim I use it on.
    It doesn't CTD but after choosing a track and pressing the tick a window pops up saying second monitor has stopped working and would you like windows to look online for a solution. After selecting either look online or close the app just closes.
    Everything else works like a treat.
    Any ideas of what I am doing wrong?

3. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    I will need to have a look on this.I guess once again the timing information is broken in the remote functionality, so the app is doing the sector and lap timings by itself... And as RF2 updates most of it's information each 200ms, the number end up nicely rounded.

could you please upload the log? There is a button in the settings that will take you to log directory.

4. Bindaree Racing

Bindaree Racing Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Like many things in my life, I was a bit premature.. The issue is not the app but seems to be my laptop, it is now randomly closing other programs now too. I tested the app on my main PC and it has no issues creating a Championship.

Again, thanks for such a cool and useful app.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Oct2262

Oct2262 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello everyone.iam trying to find it the post .but haven't find it yet.i want to run the telemetry From another computer.in the Same network.the only difference is that my simpc is with Lan cable and the telemetry pc with wifi.what settings do I need to.put in order to work?? thanks in advance

6. Oct2262

Oct2262 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I found it.thank you

7. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    on the report name, is it possible to have the car model

before
    2023-03-07T15-51-10_RFactor_2_GT3_Sebring -- 12 Hour Road Course_Race.xlsx

after
    2023-03-07T15-51-10_RFactor_2_GT3_Sebring - Audi R8 LMS GT3 -- 12 Hour Road Course_Race.xlsx

Thanks

8. MNKYY

MNKYY New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi together,

i cannot make SecondMonitor work with F1 2022 (using 2021 format) ..
    UDP Port ist set correct..

Is there any workaround / know issues?

9. the_greeze

the_greeze Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    Still loving the app :)

I have a request/suggestion (ACC). I've noticed that on the generated race reports, more pitstop detail/data is collected when I stop for a change of trye compound. On a normal pitstop (just coming in for mandatory stop; no tyre compound change, the data is as per Example 1 (attached), if I come in for wets (to replace dry tyres or vise-versa), more info is generated as per Example 2.

Would it be possible to have this amount of detail (second example) present as default? Also, does ACC output repair times? If so, could that be included too?

Many thanks,
    Simon.

Race Report - Example 1.png Race Report - Example 2.png

• Like Like x 1
  10. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Sadly, not really possible in ACC. In other sims you should also see dry->dry tyre changes. This is because ACC doesn't expose tyre wear via its data... So the only thing the app can look to see which tyres were changes during the pit stop is the compound name.

In other sims it also checks the tyre wear, to detect tyre change.

Repair data are not exposed (and after quick check doesn't look to be exposed in any sim). So it is not pissible to add to report.

• Like Like x 1
  11. the_greeze

the_greeze Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    No problem :) I just thought I'd ask...

• Like Like x 1
  12. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Well, it is a good thing you asked ;). I took another look on the data, and while there really isn't tyre wear available, I've found the set index. So I've made it part of the name, so in the next update the app will detect dry->dry tyre changes, with the correct tyre set number. Also the name is now proper, DRY #, instead of dry_compound :)
    upload_2023-6-20_20-47-57.png
    I still have to check wet tyres, as I have a feeling there is no set number there.

Also in the next version, the map will show the pit count difference between the player and the driver. So it can be easier judged if the drivers around you still need to make a pit stop, or not. For pit window race the number is replaced with a checkmark for those, that made their mandatory pitstop :) (can be disabled ofc ;))
    upload_2023-6-20_20-49-17.png

• Love it! Love it! x 1
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2023
  13. Hervé45

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    error iwth 9.15.1

Attached Files:

14. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    thanks for the report, hopefuly it is fixed now :)

15. Hervé45

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    9.15.2 is OK ;)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Lucas B

Lucas B New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    @Winzarten is there a plan to make the tool able to use for F1 23? Just wondering, love the tool :)

17. Hervé45

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    A small issue on driver name with porsche cup 992
    1.jpg

18. Sparkster

Sparkster New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    @Winzarten A problem and a question regarding your Second Monitor app.
    The problem: The track pool is not showing up when creating a championship there.
    The question: Can you set up a varying number of laps?

19. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Not currently, maybe if it will be in some deeper sale. The F1 game series is not that interested to me to pay full price for it, and I can only support sims I won :)

I will have look, but my intuition tells me this is a R3E problem, and these are the names those players have in game :D

If you have just installed the app, then the lap pool will be empty, becasue it populates the track pool from what you play (as the app has no way of knowing which dlcs you have installed). You can use the placeholder track entry.
    If you have played the game previously, with the app open, then please upload the log file.

While you cannot set-it up in the championships settup , the app doesn't really care how many laps you run, or if it is timed or lapped race. So you can set any lap count in-game, and the app will track it ok.

20. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    In the end it was my issue, should be fixed now :) ;)

• Like Like x 1