Serious slowness problems with loading with fastest computer money can buy...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Dec 3, 2022.

1. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Game loading, practice loading, session loading...everything has been slow with latest update. Not sure where to report bugs in this forum, can't see a bug report specific forum.

Clicking on practice can take 30 seconds of loading, then the "red race now" button might not even show up, then click on it to load the practice session might not even complete or load.

Something is wrong...anyone else having slow or failed loading issues...?

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    I feel for you. 20 minutes wasted being kicked around from one screen to another trying to load a competition, I give up.
    No need to wish for a game engine upgrade when the back end shits its pants constantly.

3. VFX Pro

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Now, I cannot even load a simple practice session after buying new cars... ARGH!!! Frustration!!

4. VFX Pro

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Even exiting a practice session (once it actually loads), produces a 1-2min black screen before returning to the main menu. They must get rid of that menu system ASAP, disable the video layer, etc... to fix this impossible-to-use menus. Reminds me of RF2...

5. J.Bell

J.Bell New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Ich kann dem nur zustimmen. Extrem lange Ladezeiten seit dem letzen Update !!

6. J.Bell

J.Bell New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Wann wird der Fehler behoben. So macht RRRE keinen spaß.Ladezeiten extrem lang , teilweise Abruch beim Joinen zum Server.Demensprechend sieht man auch das die Teilnahme auf den Servern stark nachgelassen hat....

7. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    I'm pretty sure the issues have nothing to do with how menus in the game work. When servers don't respond properly, it doesn't matter how fast the menus are.

8. VFX Pro

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Then, it begs the question... why server calls are even needed to go from main menu to practice menu? I understand a server API call is needed to load "marketing images", validate certain things, etc... but going for main menu to practice menu, something is not right.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2022
  9. VFX Pro

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    UPDATE
    The slowness issue is gone now. Not sure what changed...but happiness is back :)

10. VFX Pro

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Damn... What the hell is going on?? Now, the menus are fast loading, but cannot load the practice or leaderboard session, getting stuck in an infinite load loop.... Not even able to run the game you paid for, makes it really hard to love this, otherwise incredible, simulator.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. J.Bell

J.Bell New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    ich verstehe das ganze auch nicht mehr. Keine Lust mehr auf RRRE. Es wird zeit das sich was tut !!!

12. J.Bell

J.Bell New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Noch nicht mal auf einen Ranked-Server kann ich Joinen !!:mad:

13. Sonntagsfahrer

Sonntagsfahrer New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    also for me, not possible to start a race, always end up back in the main menu after a long loading time

14. Stone

Stone New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Bei mir gibt es genau das gleiche Problem.

Es wäre aber wohl auch ein bisschen zu viel verlangt, dass sich am Wochenende jemand darum kümmert.;););)

Da kommen bei mir Erinnerungen an Weihnachten vor 2 oder 3 Jahren auf, wo über die komplette Urlaubszeit gar nix mehr gegangen ist.

15. J.Bell

J.Bell New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Es hat sich wohl gestern doch noch einer für uns geopfert und alles behoben.:yum:

16. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Maybe it would make sense to collect the region(s)/service provider(s) of the ones affected by this, because it sounds like a possbile routing/networking issue.

17. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    It's taking a while to go from menu to on track and vise a versa. Maybe the dev team is doing something with the game servers? RaceRoom tends to have these sorts of issues before an update and the Drivers pack is planned to be released soon. Maybe not the 7th of December, but soon?

18. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    I just played for a few hours and loading times were as usual. Although I only played test drive and solo practice.

19. Beef36

Beef36 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    3 years ago, I stopped playing and buying any additional RaceRoom content because the game's loading times were too long.

With a new PC (7800x3D, RTX4090, M.2 Drives) I freshly installed RaceRoom to give it another chance.

With today's new patch (Client version = 0.9.4.75), my game loading times from Australia were:

Attempt #1 (straight after patch version 0.9.4.75 install):
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1) 1 minute 28 seconds from launching game in Steam to the game menu being available. This includes 1m 08s before M.2 activity commenced;
    2) 2m 15s from launching a car and track from the menu, and the game is ready to play;

I exited the game and restarted it:

Attempt #2
    ---------------
    1) 1m 23s from launching game in Steam to the game menu being available
    2) 2m 13s from launching a car and track from the menu, and the game is ready to play. This included 1m 38s before M.2 activity commenced
    3) 2m 14s to re-perform step 2) (reloading same car and track)

These excessive loading times will continue to deter me from playing RaceRoom and buying any additional content.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    I am in Japan and have similar experience than you
    I understand my ping is high in MP due to distance to servers inEuripe but loading times to reach menu and in SP mode should not be that bad