Something has to change in ranked MP - this is'nt fun anymore.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pierredietze, Mar 8, 2021.

1. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    ?

Well all I take out of this is bad habits are being taught and if we are all allowed to speed in the pit lane why are we not told this?
    While I'm at it, I seem to spend a lot of time explaining to RR users that some cars have Launch Control, can perhaps some sort of notice letting users know that the vehicle they're in has this option. Although it is great getting a better start that most other racers, it does seem a tad unfair.

2. RampageRacing

RampageRacing Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    It would be immersion breaking but you could keep all the cars ghosted during qualifying sessions and eliminate the need to rush out to get a clean lap or difficulty in creating enough of a gap for a flyer lap. The ghosted cars could still be a distraction but would not impede progress in completing a fast lap. Short qualifying sessions would be adequate even for large fields.

As far as incident points that lead to disqualification, I would prefer collisions with substantial contact during a race lead to drive through penalties which simulate the need to check for car damage. The same could be said for accumulation of excess incident points. One drive through might not ruin your race but multiple drive through penalties as a result of bad or unlucky driving would sure make the race a slog that might teach the driver a lesson. Like maybe do not blitz turn one because if you do, a drive through will put you way behind anyway or do not go for that dive bomb pass because heavy contact will likely cost you many positions. Failure to serve a drive through before the end of the race would still result in a DQ.

I kind of like the system in ACC but so far my R3E racing has mostly been AI or my own dedicated server with family members so maybe I am not qualified to comment.

3. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Fwiw, this list also contains info regarding LC. I agree that having to look these things up in a forum is far from ideal. Not sure if we can add some pop-up, but maybe at least some hint bubble in the setup screen (tho not everyone is tinkering around in there)...

EDIT: *This* list: <https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...cs-ai-status-lookup-updated-21-12-2020.15151/>

Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
  4. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    To me it's a part of a bigger issue: we basically don't have any information about our cars in the game menus. What I personally would like to know when I look at the cars list:
    - weight;
    - power/torque;
    - engine type + turbocharger/supercharger if available;
    - engine placement;
    - drive;
    - available factory assists;
    - racing features such as P2P, DRS, launch control.

Some of that you can find in the store (inconvenient, but at least it's there), some when you jump in the car, some can only be found on the internet.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2021