Problem Steering angle, steering lock & wheel animation

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Arcson, Jul 22, 2023.

1. Arcson

Arcson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

Some time ago (after one of recent updates probably) I noticed a problem in regard to my steering settings mentioned in the topic. I use Fanatec CSL Elite steering wheel and so far I had always used, lets say "automatic" way of defining these parameters. I believe Raceroom provided such option based on default steering wheels profiles created by its developers and I never had to worry about adjusting steering angle/lock, regardless of the car I wanted to drive. The steering inputs I needed to make in order to make a proper turn always seemed OK and the in-game steering wheel animation always matched my real hands movements (VR user here).

Without any actions taken by me, it suddenly changed. The virtual hands usually move way more slowly than mine and the steering angle seems way too off resulting in needing to turn that wheel like crazy to drive just through a gentle bend. I constantly need to re-adjust these settings nearly on every car, so it drives well and the virtual wheel rotation match the reality. The thing is, I miss that simplicity - my spare time is too limited to include additional fight with my settings everytime I try to relax with Raceroom.
    • I can assure you that in options I always use "Match setup" in regard to steering wheel animation.
    • Reseting these parameters to default in a garage menu wont really help - the animation nearly never matches my hands and everything is just a mess.
    • I also tried to delete files in:
      C:\Users\...\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet
      but the fresh-new profiles created upon starting Raceroom had the same issues.
    Maybe at some point something wrong happened to default Fanatec CSL Elite profile? Can you suggest anything?

2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Have you tried reinstalling Fanatec drivers/software? Maybe they stopped communicating with the game.