Suddenly sent to pit lane while racing for no reason.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DiegoCjSalas, Apr 13, 2023.

1. DiegoCjSalas

DiegoCjSalas New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello to you all, hope that you are having a nice time!!

It has happened to me a few times that on the middle of a race, like 4 min of 15 min and before I can tell, I'm sitting on the pit lane, no crashes, no off tracks, no nothing, I've been looking around the forums and didn't find any information about it. Can you please help? It it's ruining my ranked races.

Thanks!

2. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    what races?
    any messages?
    send mwtrans and game files from those sessions (you can find them here C:\Users\xxx\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\Log)
    send link to your profile
    provide as much detail as you can

3. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Were you somewhere close to the end of the lap? Did you drive close to the pit entry or pit wall? If you have replays saved, you can check it there.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2023
  4. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Is your HUD enabled? Maybe you're getting disqualified for something and you're not seeing the messages about that.

5. DiegoCjSalas

DiegoCjSalas New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well, that is the tricky whing, the times that has happened, I'm on Ranked race, no incidents, may be one slighty touch on a curve, but no passing near pit lane or doing anything that may be considered a penalty, my profile is DiegoCjSalas (not able to post any link yet) and I found the files but I'm not shure which one is the one for that race.

6. DiegoCjSalas

DiegoCjSalas New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It's weird, the last time that happened i had a minor touch overtaking annother car, 3 laps later, pit lane, awfull

7. DiegoCjSalas

DiegoCjSalas New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well, I use an spotter that should tell me any flash or penalties, maybe the one I have is not working propperly?

8. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    That contact shouldn't have any effect on that if it was 3 laps earlier.

Recently there are many cases when the game thinks you cut too much and disqualifies you for that. When it happens, you get sent to the pitlane only a few seconds later. This usually happens near pitlane entry or in the last corner if you went wide off track. That's why I asked you where your car was before you got sent to the pitlane.

9. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    To be honest, I wouldn't rely entirely on a spotter. I would set the HUD at least to "essential" so you are able to see those messages whenever they appear.

10. DiegoCjSalas

DiegoCjSalas New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That's the weird part, I usually try to drive safe and that's why is so confussing to me, thanks for the insights.

11. DiegoCjSalas

DiegoCjSalas New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I will set the game flags information, maybe I'm missing something. Thanks

12. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like you had an unserved penalty