Sugg: for MP race - colour player name blue if he get's shown blue flag...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pierredietze, Mar 23, 2021.

1. pierredietze

pierredietze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    ...so the following car knows he had seen blue flag.

And a question, in a ranked race with all cars same class, does a player get blue flag when he is going to be lapped?

2. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    ??
    You have to assume that the blue flag has been shown to the player. there's no need for more information.

Every lapped player will get a Blue Flag.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. pierredietze

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Yes, but i don't know when exactly?

I've had a situation with a lapped player in Hockenheim, i was in his gearbox on the entry of the Motodrom. The problem was he drove as if he had not got a blue flag. And i was'nt able to see if he had seen it. Situation unclear, and so we crashed.
    Crewchief also does'nt say anything, but thats not a problem of S3S or RRRE.

4. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    I have an issue with blue flags in general because everyone believes they are an f1 thing , and blue flags mean so many things in other types of racing , faster class aproaching , etc

Sometimes you get a flag because you were spun and had to do repairs etc but your as fast as or faster than the people who are around you after you come out of the pits

So im not a fan of blue flags as a get out of the way

Andi

5. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Even if you get an indicator that another car has been shown a blue flag, it doesn't necessarily mean the other driver has actually noticed it.
    Tbh, I'm not quite following that conclusion. If you were able to lap that other player, you should also have been able to pass him safely, even if he wasn't actively yielding.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0

This is not a Blue Flag issue.
    He certainly had it, but there's nothing that can guaranty you he will respect it in the second you are behind him. The rule imply he should not race you and block you from passing, not that he has to go out of your way by any means.

It's up to you to pass safely, even it means you'll loos a little bit of time in the process.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    If youre close enough to make a pass the other player has definitely been shown the blue flag. That doesnt mean hes seen it tho and there isnt a guarantee that hell respect it even if hes seen it. Coloring his name wont change anything about that..

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. pierredietze

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Jepp, what how close is close enough?
    If I had known that he had been shown the blue flag, I would have acted differently. The next problem is that every little slip is punished with penalty points, but ignoring the blue flag (or yellow) is not.
    Anyway, getting tired of this. I was just making a suggestion, think about or don't, i don't care.

If you want to look at the situstion, see for yourself. Sorry for the quality.

IMO blue flag means move your ass out of the way. Doesnt matter if your car is slow, broken or in an other class.

9. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Well, looking at this there are only 2 possibles options:
    1. He was fully aware of you being there, and was deliberately blocking you, so : being a jerk.
    2. He was truly struggling with the car (damaged car? rooky ?) and really didn't meant to block you

So:
    1 : There's nothing a BF can do against jerk... You're only option is to be careful and try your best to pass him with the minimum damage

2 : It's up to you to stay calm and patient. Don't try to overtake in the middle of a turn when you see a driver already struggling keeping the car on the track. You have more to loose if you crash because of this.

This is not what it is in most motorsport rules !
    Blue Flags usually means : "there's a faster car coming" or "you've being lapped" so "Don't block or race this car".
    The lapped car should not try to block you, but it's to you to pass clean.

Even in F1 lapped drivers don't have to move out of the way, they have to facilitate the pass ASAP, that's all. No BF rules will ask a driver to risk going of track (because you're in a middle of a turn while changing your lane often result in a spin/crash/of track)

10. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    I think that's the reason:
    flags-ranked.jpg

11. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Dont think that move was a great one either way tbh. Havent tried with the new physics but id imagine the final corner to be nearly flat out. In that case in a battle for position making a move there when youre still behind the other car coming up to the corner doesnt really make sense and will most likely end the way it did in your case. In a lapping situation itd be unrealistic to expect the other car to move out of the way in the middle of that corner (especially since here hes still on the racing line and looking at the previous corners doesnt seem too keen on jumping out the way straight away), waiting for the start/finish straight would be a much better option. Either he can lift a bit on the straight to let you pass easily or you can carry more speed through the final corner and get a fairly easy move into turn 1

That may be what they mean to you but in many (most?) series they dont mean that. Mostly its just a "youre being lapped, dont fight the driver behind" with the car behind being responsible to make a clean pass

12. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Regardless of your likes and dislikes old bean, blue flags are in the Sim, so idiots should get outta the soddin' way, 3 shows, if ignored they get a drive through, simple!
    The trouble comes when it's someone who is of the same speed, maybe a visit to the pits for a repair or a pit stopped race but when you are faster than the car behind, you still get blue flags, so some sort of time keeping will have to be done to account for this. Gap difference per sector I guess, if the same or quicker, no drive through.

13. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    That's only for F1. The internet tells me in many series the blue flag isn't enforced and is just a suggestion.

Also in ranked servers flag rules are set to visual only.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    2020 IMSA rulebook: 27.10.3.The blue flag is advisory and is not considered a command flag
    SRO eSport Sporting code: 3.Blue flags follow the SRO regulation: it is advisory only, slow/lapped drivers do not have to pull aside, they can stay on their line.

The only series I can think of where blue flag literally means 'give way' is F1.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    Woop people who know what blue flags mean .......

Andi

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. pierredietze

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Ok, i have to admit, my "short but harsh" speaking regarding the blue flag was a little bit to offense. BUT...
    I am not talking of IMSA, F1 or whatever, i am talking 'bout the ranked races. I am talking 'bout the way I would act getting blue flaged. Thats why i wrote IMO, it's my opinion and my way to handle a blue flag.
    I think i am gonna join the gold server tomorrow, get in the slowest GT3 car available and "ignore" blue flags for 2 hours. What do you think how many of the P2 drivers will grumble after the race because of a GT3 car in front of them not giving way? We'll see.

Your absolutly right, and i was very sorry for this to happen. If you look closly, i think it's clear that wasnt meant as an overtaking attempt, i was just trying to stay in his mirror, but he lifted the gas a little and moved right under my nose. Their was almost no contact, but enough to spin him out. You can be sure, thats not my way overtaking a car. I am struggeling myself in the last 2 corners, i can't get them right. The two curvers are the reason why I still don't lap the track in under 1:45. I have problems not to spin myself in those corners, so absolutly no way to try something stupid.

17. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Good to know it wasnt an intended overtaking attempt :D
    Regarding the 2h race tomorrow, if you only follow the normal racing line and dont defend then ignoring blue flags shouldnt even be possible even in the strict f1 sense (letting the car behind past within 3 marshall posts) as the p2s should be able to just drive by you after pretty much every corner ;D

18. I ///M Back

I ///M Back New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    @pierredietze Do you use OtterHud? There you can see if a guy gets a blue flag.

19. pierredietze

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    No Otter hud and no other hud. Hud is always off, racing with absolutly no HUD at all. Just me and the car and the informations your dashboard gives you and your crewchief/spotter.

BTW, there is a RRRE rulebook "GENERAL COMPETITION RULES 1.01" for competitions. Quote regarding blue flags:

But after all your comments i have the feeling this does'nt count on rank servers also. Is there a rulebook for ranked servers also?

20. I ///M Back

I ///M Back New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Ok, you don't want a HUD but you drive with playernames above the cars and they should also be blue?

I think its more immersive if you put just the relative box next to your Dash from the car, make it very small and hide everything else. Just an idea.
    With help of the color of the names you can see if they get a blue flag.
    upload_2021-3-24_9-35-41.png

Attached Files: