Suggestions on sound and settings.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tuborg, May 6, 2017.

1. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    • A default setting for sound.
    • Custom settings, for example one for headphones and one for speakers.
    • The possibility to assign a button for internal/external sound (extremely handy for sound freaks :D... and video editing)
    • Fader between front and rear speakers to adjust the differences (all sounds) between sims.
    • A fader to Adjust the engine sound between front and rear speakers.
    The update on brake sound is something i really appreciate but (I know this i picky... But that's why R3E is my sim :)) the sound is a little monoisch..

Would it be possible to make some channel separation, at least in Stereo?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    - Well, default setting is already in when you first install the game, or what do you mean by "default setting"?

- For headphones and speakers, there shouldn't be any difference really, the mix is intended to work for both. Of course, I know the perception is a bit different with headphones but imo it's much better to let people adjust it the way they like (as we all hear something different anyway).

- internal/external button has been a recurrent discussion since the launch of R3E (and even before), but it's also about priorities. I'm alone doing the sounds and I'm not a programmer. In order to add this kind of feature, R3E requires a programmer and an UI develope, both are extremely busy at the moment.

- front/rear fader is pretty much the same situation as internal/external button...

About mono sounds, this comes from the way 2D and 3D sounds are generated by the Miles system.
    Basically, all the surface and "suspension/wheels" sounds are independent and directional, which means in exemple that if you lock your left/front tire, you'll hear the tire scrub/screech sound coming from the left/front speaker (assuming you're using surround speakers).
    In stereo, you would hear the sound coming from the left speaker only.
    The brake sounds are using the same system but as both left and right brakes have the same braking power, the sound outputs in central mono position.
    Sadly, we can't use stereo samples for the brakes to compensate the monoish effect, as the Miles system won't accept stereo samples for the 2D sounds (which are grouped with the 3D graphics elements). ;)

• Informative Informative x 5
  3. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    As with steering settings and car setup which both have a button for default setting. When you want to return to the default setting after changing everything too much.

I think I was unclear.
    What I'm looking for is the ability to save the sound settings (all different volumes) you've done just about how car settings work, where you have the option to save different settings. "Set1" for headphones, "Set 2" for speakers. These are just two examples, there are those who have had the desire to have custom settings for each car.

Thanks for the explanation
    @Anthony Monteil. But as you say it's not your area.
    I give my hope to a future programmer :)

4. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    A volume control for replays would be great!