Bug Vsync just work at Window mode

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by TORRENTE, Dec 31, 2021.

1. TORRENTE

TORRENTE New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi! I think I discover a bug, I was playing trying to lock my fps at 60 playing a 1920 x 1080p with vsync turned on. But If y play in a complete screen or window without frames, Vsync dont lock the fps, but if I play with window mode, the fps lock at 60fps.

2. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    Checked all mode, can't reproduce.

I still have VSync in all modes.

3. TORRENTE

TORRENTE New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Well maybe I dont explain very well, vsync works, but the fps only lock at 60fps in window mode.

For example if i play in complete screen mode or window without frames with vsync On, fps are dancing in 114 -100 -123 … if i turn off vsync fps goes to 140 160. This is a problem because the game doesn’t run fluently

But in window mode playing with vsync on, automatically the fps lock at 60fps and i play nice

All i do with 1920x1080 60hz resolution. I have nvidia drivers updated. My graphic card is a 3060 and I have an AOC monitor with freesync

4. Peter Koch

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    It's 60 fps in all modes I use.

What's the refresh rate of your monitor?

5. TORRENTE

TORRENTE New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    The refresh rate from my monitor is 144hz, but the game just allow cap my fps to 60fps with vsyc on and window mode.

Other users have the same problem, and to cap the fps need to use external programs like riva tuner from msi afterburner to cap the fps to 60hz because the game doesn’t allow cap fps to 60hz except using window mode.

6. Peter Koch

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    You need an external app to capt the fps.

Vsync is only synchronizing the frame rate of the game to the refresh rate of the monitor.

That's why mine is only 60, because of the refresh rate of my monitor.

7. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Are you sure you didn't disable VSync in your Nvidia driver settings? That would overwrite the ingame setting.

Apart from that, if you're using a Freesync monitor, you could simply lock your FPS in the Nvidia driver settings. For a 144hz monitor, you should set the FPS lock to 141.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    So in full screen mode, the in-game vSync locks your FPS to 60 even though you're using a 144Hz monitor? That doesn't sound normal to me.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. TORRENTE

TORRENTE New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Yes, In other games, if i select 1920x1080p 60hz res and active vsync fps being cap at 60fps, (even using my 144hz monitor)

10. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Ah, that's probably why it behaves like that. In some modes it syncs to whatever frequency is selected in "resolution" and in other modes it syncs to your monitor's frequency. What frequency is selected in Windows? Is it 144Hz?

11. TORRENTE

TORRENTE New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    In windows the res is 60.00hz, now i cap my fps using riva tuner from msi afterburner.

12. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    Id avoid using rivatuner/afterburner as it can cause game crashes

Andi

13. TORRENTE

TORRENTE New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Well but anyone could give me a reason why 60fps could be cap only in window mode?

14. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    As Andi said, Riva Tuner can sometimes cause issues. There's an FPS limiter built in nVidia drivers. Open nVidia Control Panel, go to "Manage 3D settings". You can set a global FPS limit or set it up for any game/program separately.

• Like Like x 2
  15. TORRENTE

TORRENTE New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thank you very much!!!!! And happy new year for all

• Like Like x 1