News Weekly Update 23/10/15 - Major game update, New DLC and free content

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Oct 27, 2015.

1. KW Studios

KW Studios Official Information Developer

Ratings:
    +1,503 / 0 / -0
    Major RaceRoom update release
    Your game has been updated this week, new features, new bug fixes, new content and new free stuff! For the entire list of changes and improvements, please take a look at the patch note forum thread here. In short, some of the improvements are:​
      • Massive physics updates on a number of car classes
      • New content, including DTM 2015 and more.
      • New free to play cars and car classes available to all.
      • Default livery is no longer forced upon purchase.
      • Downshift prevention now implemented.
      • New shadow system that improves performance and visuals
    [​IMG]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DTM Experience 2015 now available!

With DTM Experience 2015, the player will experience in more detail than ever, what it feels like to be a DTM racing driver working behind the wheel of the fastest touring car vehicles in the world.
    DTM Experience 2015 has been developed together with the real DTM drivers Bruno Spengler and Daniel Juncadella, in order to provide the most realistic virtual DTM experience to date.
    For much more information, please visit the official DTM 2015 Experience website and then head on over to the shop to grab this addition to your game. Remember; If you own DTM 2013 and/or DTM 2014 experiences, then we chop the price very substantially for you.

[​IMG]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Free content, from all of us to all of you

We decided to make the game even more free-to-play, and make it even more interesting for those of you who prefer to never get out your wallet at all... of course in the hope that we might make you change your mind along the way :)

Besides the Portimao Circuit, RaceRoom Raceway and Lakeview Hillclimb tracks, anyone installing the game will now have direct, instant and cost free access to the following cars and all liveries for each of them:

~ Aquila CR1 | ~ BMW 134 Judd Hillclimb | ~ Saleen S7R | ~ Canhard R51
    ~ Canhard R52
    | ~ Cougar C14-1 | ~ Cougar C14-2 | ~ DMD P20
    ~ DMD P21 | ~ Mistral M530 | ~ Mistral M531

[​IMG]

Fresh Leaderboards

With the massive updates to physics and the introduction of downshift prevention across all car classes we have wiped all leaderboards.

This means a clean slate on a level playing field, and this also means now is the time to establish dominance in your favorite car and on your favorite track. Set out for a king of the hill session and see how many boards you can put your name on while they populate!

Remember you can click "Challenge" next to any leaderboard entry to get the ghost car of that lap to guide your efforts.

[​IMG]

Macau at 30% off

[​IMG]
    Avid RaceRoom fan and real life DTM racing ace, Daniel Juncadella, is set to race Formula 3 at the Macau GP... so why not celebrate that by letting you get your hands on this magnificient city track from the Far East at a reduced price?
    Since 1954, drivers have threaded their way through its precarious twists and turns, its big altitude variations and a very long main straight, making this track one of the most complete and challenging of the world.
    This week it is yours at 30% off!

DTM 2015 Virtual Championship
    We have reached the end of the road with this massive online championship and we can look back at a successfull end exciting event full of crowded leaderboards and thrilling racing action.

Over the whole season of 18 rounds we had almost 6000 drivers competing for every single point and position in the rankings. Over the course of the championship virtual racers from over 100 countries have found their way onto our servers. You can take a look at your own position in final ranking on the championship section in RaceRoom portal here.
    [​IMG]
    And the winner is... Right from the beginning of the season Tim Heinemann made clear that in order to reach the top of the ranking you have to beat him and his #17 Audi RS 5 DTM first.

Tim Heinemann has won 9 out of 18 Time Attack rounds thus achieving the maximum score of 9000 points. But competition was close as Willy Windschatten - scoring 8961 - and Davide Toccaceli - scoring 8896 points came within a whisker of beeing on top of the final scoring board.

Congratulations to all contestants - you have been driven some incredibly fast laptimes which made this championship so competitive and exciting. Keep an eye on the RaceRoom portal for info about future high profile championships and events. See you on the track!

Competition overview
    [​IMG]
    There are always live competitions on the RaceRoom Racing portal, many of which allow you to try out cars and tracks you do not own. Free of cost, no strings attached!Join competitions and challenges where you can compete for cool prizes or just measure yourself up against friends on the leaderboards.
    This week we have a fresh batch of post-patch competitions, fresh out of the oven. Highlights include the first DTM 2015 competition, DTM 2013 cars on Bathurst and a FREE taste of Spa with the Group 5 monsters.​

• Like Like x 12
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2015
  2. Gorgoms

Gorgoms Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    Sad to see that a lot of cars and liveries that i paid a lot of Vrp for they now are totally free!!!

And the worst for me is that i paid for all the new liveries of Silouete series and prototype series included on the 20th of October update and a few hours later they appeared as free of charge on the store!!!

is this an error? can i request to S3E a rebate of this? here is my transaction history:

Tipo de elemento Importe Fecha Método
    Kadoma Sports - #25 49VRP 21-10-2015 21:29 Purchase
    Sublime Motorsports - #60 49VRP 21-10-2015 21:28 Purchase
    Lynchburg Motors - #28 49VRP 21-10-2015 20:30 Purchase
    FlexiCarb Sports - #45 49VRP 21-10-2015 20:29 Purchase
    FTS Racing - #5 49VRP 21-10-2015 20:28 Purchase
    Sparco Racing - #30 49VRP 21-10-2015 20:08 Purchase
    Castrol Racing - #29 49VRP 21-10-2015 20:08 Purchase
    Edge Racing - #31 49VRP 21-10-2015 20:06 Purchase
    CT Dummies - #22 49VRP 21-10-2015 20:04 Purchase
    Puma - #13 49VRP 21-10-2015 20:02 Purchase
    Koni - #3 49VRP 21-10-2015 20:02 Purchase
    Emirates - #8 49VRP 21-10-2015 20:02 Purchase
    Gulf Racing - #20 49VRP 21-10-2015 20:02 Purchase
    Totor Racing - #10 49VRP 21-10-2015 20:02 Purchase
    Martini Racing - #31 49VRP 21-10-2015 20:02 Purchase
    DTM Experience 2015 24991148VRP 21-10-2015 19:53 Purchase

3. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Gorgoms, send em a support ticket. I'm sure they'll take care of you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Gorgoms

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, i did it.

5. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    As @itsmedavetn said, send a support ticket.
    The same thing happened to me.

6. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I did it as well. I jumped on that Jack Daniels Prototype skin like a tubby kid on candy. I'm about an hour and a half from Lynchburg and let's just say after raising a teenager to adulthood, I became close friends with Mr. Daniels.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    wow ...; i dont know how many times in my life that ive bought something to find a few days later its gone on sale ; i bought a tablet recently : 160€ 2 days after it was on sale at 80€ ... how many other places would you think of complaining too for a refund ...

its the world we live in ...
    Sector 3 are good guys ... but think about it ; did you pay for something that you were ok with paying that price at that time before you post and moan because they decided to make a gift? or a reduction ...

honestly now guys ?

just my opinion

Andi

8. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Andi, there's a difference between buying something and then a few hours later it's free and something going free ages later and requesting a refund. No one's moaning in this thread. I bought my livery a few hours before it was free.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Gorgoms

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    Andi,

I think this is not the case. I'm talking about the new liveries published on the 20th update. I bought the liveries but they were planned as free content.... i don't think that they published this liveries to be full paid only for one day and then make them free, it makes non sense...

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    i agree with the sentiment but im sure the place i bought my tablet had the sale planned way before i bought it ... its just how i see the world

Andi

11. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    As said, it feels like the liverys was intended to be free.
    And it don't feels right to pay for something intended to be free.

About your tablet though is another question.
    But it don't hurt to ask the store anyways.
    This happened to me as well a few years ago, bought a laptop and the day after it was on sale.
    I didn't bitch about it.
    But I contacted the store and gently said I wich I would have known this yesterday.
    And they actually refunded me the difference.

Have bought all my new electronics from them after that.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
  12. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    indeed; that is one way of looking at it

i look at it as want and need , the game and everything after food and shelter is a want

i wanted the tablet and at the moment i bought it i was happy and accepted to pay that for it ..;its about being responsible for our choices and living with them ..; thats how i float my boat ; not saying your wrong ; but thats how i see things

Andi

13. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    One thing I find a bit odd.
    It's over a week after the update, but still haven't seen any "known" youtubers do a video or review of it yet?.. .
    They are usually out the same day once a sim gets updated..

14. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Many retailers will refund the difference on an item that goes on sale very soon after purchase. I think that's fair. The grey area is 'how soon'?

If you pay for liveries only for them to become free a few days later then I would expect refunds to be issued. On the other hand, I paid for Portimao and now it's free. Meh, if it's for the good of the game i.e. attracting new players, then so be it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Gorgoms

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    Yes, i was thinking the same, i'm searching for videos/reviews of the new content / physics but i can't see nothing... what happens? it's strange....

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    I also purchased the new liveries and a few days later got a very nice email from a Dev apologising for the mistake, refunding my vrp in full and adding a little bit for my inconvenience, so make sure they know who you are and what you bought and all will be sorted! ;)

• Like Like x 5
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
  17. Gorgoms

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    Yes, yesterday i received redeem code. Thanks S3

And i want to say again to S3 a big thank you for the last update and the incredible new physics. THANK YOU!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2015