Known Issue HUD issues / incorrect positions - Report here

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by CaptainCoffee, Feb 18, 2022.

1. CaptainCoffee

CaptainCoffee Esports Manager Beta tester

Ratings:
    +196 / 0 / -0
    Hi everyone,

We've noticed the increase of bug reports regarding the HUD issues and incorrect positions. While most reports happen from players on Ranked servers, it also happens on Community servers.

Please post a reply here if you experienced either one of the bugs, with a short description what happened and on what server (if it's ranked: which server name, link to your profile -> ranked multiplayer with date + time + class/car + track), with an attachment of your log files:
    - Open your file explorer and browse to Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\Log
    - You can sort this by last modified and find your latest game.log and mwtransport.log file at the top
    - Add these as an attachment to this topic with your reply

2. vasco.alvesduarte

vasco.alvesduarte New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've submitted a few in Discord, Here's another one
    time:
    18/02/2022 - 17:05:17
    server Europe rookie Tatuus F4 #1 - laguna seca

this time OtterHUD did not crash, but
    - #1 racer was not visible
    - #2 in results page there were 2 second places
    - distance to the car behind (in time) was only shown correctly when crossing star-finish line (e.g. 0.5s when crossing and something like 3s during the lap)

Attached Files:

3. vasco.alvesduarte

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Another instance of a HUD related error
    This time the driver in front of me was being shown INVALID in the OtterHUD during the race while doing a lap (not start-finish line)
    I was reported as 7th in HUD, but 8th in results page

Server Europe AM GTR3 #2, session: 18/02/2022 - 21:18:01

Attached files + screeshot of final results page

Attached Files:

4. Jochem Bruggeman

Jochem Bruggeman New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    As sent via Discord: Even since 10 feb update, this is still happening. CrewThief was communicating p3, Second Monitor + Otterhud showed the same, but finishes in P4. (P4 was correct IMO). EU AM server #2 GTR3 14-02-2022

Attached Files:

5. Germano Cervini

Germano Cervini New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    i'm so fucking mad !, i just won a race with the F3 in zandvoort, and the classification system, put me that i finished last ???, why shit ?, i lost 25000 points, but i had won the race, where can I make a complaint?
    HELP ME.....................

Attached Files:

6. vasco.alvesduarte

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Another report.
    Now the Otter/Native HUDs reported me as second, but I was third.
    the final results page had the right results
    user vmad - Rookie Europe Tatuus F4 #1 HOckenheimring, session: 19/02/2022 - 13:38:41

Attached Files:

7. Jochem Bruggeman

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Ranked is completely broken atm. Crew Chief, 2nd monitor, Otterhud and Simhub all all over the place. Top 5 before me started at -1 and reported as in PIT. Atter a few turns Otterhud died, CrewChief went silent and 2ndM started flikkering the positions in the map view. Got so distracted that I freaking crashed the car... :(.
    User: Mastayogo - AM Europe GTR3 #2 Silverstone

PLEASE HELP.

Attached Files:

8. vasco.alvesduarte

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    another report
    This time, Europe Am FR3 at Zandvoort 2019, session: 19/02/2022 - 21:06:49 EET
    the OtterHUD relative was completely broken, with names repeated
    The otterHUD top bar was showing INVALID for all the racers, including when they were in the middle of the lap

I checked for MWT and Game log, but they were not available

9. DMatter123

DMatter123 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello everyone,

I (DMatter123) had a race today in Portimao F4 at 20:18. Start position 2 finished on 1. HUD disappeared after a short time and I was shown in the portal as 19th and lost 26,533 points!!!!
    I have the replay if needed.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 19, 2022
  10. vasco.alvesduarte

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Server rookie europe bmw #2, session: 19/02/2022 - 21:44:25 EET
    HUD missing some racers
    p1 and p2 were shown as '-1' at the start
    Logs not available in the log folder

11. Jochem Bruggeman

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Where do you get this timestamp?

12. Jochem Bruggeman

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    AM Server Europe GTR3 again.
    Everything is okay during practice and quali, but goes to shit when race starts: qualied P1, when dropped on to track before red lights, Otterhud now showed me as P -1 and in PIT (while I was not). 2nd monitor lost me and Simhub Vocore dash showed ENGINE OFF... After about T3 Otterhud disappears and had to finish race without any hub. Also Crewchief stopped telling me if other cars were driving next to me. So looks like a severe share memory issue.

Eventually finished P1, although neither Otterhud, 2nd Monitor or Dash showed this. Luckily no issues with Ranking and Rating this time.

Hope this helps to sort thing out. Cheers!

Attached Files:

13. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    https://game.raceroom.com/users/felthat/career
    Last special EU ranked gr5+grC@norisring silver server
    Date: 19/02/2022 - 22:03:30
    Minimap didnt show my position, crewchief stopped spotting and in most times blue flags didnt work. According to others i was visible, but i wasnt showed in time table. Race result is correct

Attached Files:

14. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Seeing as this is a known issue, which in some cases seems to affect actual race results, would it not be advisable to turn off the ranking system till it can be fixed rather than causing players more aggravation?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Jochem Bruggeman

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I will try a ranked race with all 3rd party apps off today to see if the basic HUD is failing to report correct positions too.

Strangest thing is that it seems to be user specific? I've seen this guys on Youtube, running (partly) the same software as I do (Otterhud + Crewchief) and he apparently has no issues on the same server:

[EDIT] I do not see issues in the video as I see them, but Thomas is reporting something wrong in his comment (hadn't seen that at first).

Last edited: Feb 20, 2022
  16. Jochem Bruggeman

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Alright. Did one without Otterhud enabled (so removed -webHudUrl=https://otterhud.github.io/ from startup parameters in Steam) no CrewChief, no 2nd Monitor and no Simhub dash panel.

Result: No issues in positioning during race... Everybody was listed where they should be, even after a spin by a couple of guys.

Question: I have seen folks reporting issues with the default R3E HUD, but was that with that startup parameter removed?

Attached Files:

• Useful Useful x 1
  17. Joyce

Joyce New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hello, in a community race yesterday we had an issue with one of the drivers not being listed in the timings and wasn't listed in the tower on stream either. We had this bug several times lately but this was the first time it happened when I was racing so I will provide you the logfiles (server-log, game.log and mwtransport.log).
    The driver that wasn't shown in the timings started in p3 and finished in p2 (Sascha Ziefle). He was missing for everyone, not just for me, and wasn't listed in the stream but you could see his car when he was battling with other drivers.

Attached Files:

18. Jochem Bruggeman

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Another ranked race: AM Europe GTR3 #2.
    Still without any webhud startup parameters in Steam, but this time with Simhub + Vocore Dash running: again no issues in positions on default R3E HUD or on the Simhub dash (I checked several dashboard templates).

Really starting to look like it has something to do with the Webhud interface. Will do another one soon with also 2nd monitor running, and still w/o Webhud parameters.

Attached Files:

• Useful Useful x 1
  19. Klaus Bergmeier

Klaus Bergmeier New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    First race, ranked F4 Hockenheim 20/02/2022 - 14:22:35, I dosen't see Robert Myszkowski in the HUD also I think he is mislisted after the race.
    Second Race, I was not shown, ranked F4 Sepang 20/02/2022 - 15:32:40

Attached Files:

20. Joe Vogt

Joe Vogt Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    NO! I encountered this problem some times already (and reported it to Chris aka CaptainCoffee directly, prior he startet this thread here) and I don't use Otterhud, Chrewchief or Simehub. And I have no start options entered for starting RaceRoom. The problem occurs in a lot of races and it affects always just a small number of drivers on the same server. This problem is caused solely by the game itself and it does not occure more often for drivers using third party apps.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1