OpenVR support

Dieses Thema im Forum "General Discussion" wurde erstellt von RaceRoom, 25. Januar 2017.

1. Sircumalot

Sircumalot New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This is my complete Steamvr.settings file:

{
    "steamvr" : {
    "allowAsyncReprojection" : false,
    "allowInterleavedReprojection" : false,
    "mirrorViewGeometry" : "0 0 1080 600"
    }
    }

Nothing more. Could anyone with a CV1 and the game working in VR without blur post his steamvr.settings file?

2. celticfc

celticfc New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Well slap me with a stupid stick, who came up with the idea of making it case sensitive and not telling anyone. So I got it working and to be honest for a first pass it is not too bad, I really like the FFB. Thanks for the help.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    just to be sure... are you using SimVibe and do you know about the issues?

4. Mustangmarauder

Mustangmarauder New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thank you so much for the VR support. I've been running some races against ai running "-vr 2.0" and worked up to medium settings with good results. If I use the track map or virtual mirror they flash in and out, but I'm fine without them. I've been running as a baseline a race where I start in 5th, so I'll have to see what happens with more cars on screen and different tracks now. On afterburner I only show about 60% gpu usage which seems strange. I'm not sure I can see any difference with asynchronous reprojection on my CV1. I've got a 6700k and 980ti, both mildly overclocked.

5. -= Rooooney =-

-= Rooooney =- New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hm so now I am alone with the bug :-( I really cant find the reason. All VR games are running well, and R3E runs normal in non-VR mode. hmmm .... maybe something in the registry?

6. Sircumalot

Sircumalot New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wut?

Appearently not...

If you are talking about this dope-ass-pimp-gear:

I do not have it.

7. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    hm, was just a try ^^ Some users wrote that they had a blurry picture after starting R3E through simVibe.

8. Erwan960

Erwan960 Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    I confirm picture is blurry through Sim Commander whereas it is perfectly clear directly through Steam.

Maybe a solution found on simxperience forum :
    - In steam NO parameters in the launch options
    - In Sim Commander settings=>games=>RACEROOM set the parameters like this : -applaunch 211500 -vr 2.5 - silent or any other value for the vr parameter...
    I'll test it right away...
    edit : it works !

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 2
    Zuletzt bearbeitet: 29. Januar 2017
  9. Opel-King

Opel-King Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    You are not alone! I have the same problem! Other VR-Games works without problems.
    I make a new threat yesterday: https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/don´t-start-in-vr-error-message-ox0000005.7155/
    No answer, nobody download my crash-file. Maybe sector3 take a look at the problem next week? Assetto Corsa works fine ... so i have time ;)

10. Oops01

Oops01 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Hi Guys,

first off I would like to say a great big thank you to the guys at sector 3 for the VR implementation as its brilliant this is and always has been my first love in sim racing but after getting my Oculus rift I just couldn’t go back to racing on the flat screen (even though I have an LG 34” wide screen gaming monitor) there’s just no comparison imo, anyway back to the game and just a little feedback on the VR. I have it running with –vr in the start-up property’s and it works well with everything on set high I have tried adding the increments from 0 -5.0 and it worked quite well up to 4.0 but at 5.0 it was very laggy. So I dropped back to just –vr and used the Oculus debug tool but with the performance summary mode the App frame rate seems to be capped at 45 and in the menus, it drops to around 20 fps when loading the game up but once it’s loaded the menus jump back to 90. But once in game the frame rate drops to 45 fps and doesn’t move from the 45 fps with 20 cars on track. I have tried this with both “Allow asynchronous reprojection” and “Allow interleaved reprojection” both ticked and unticked it doesn’t seem to make a difference to the in-game frame rate

My Spec is : -
    Intel Core i7-6700K running @4GHz
    32GB RAM,
    3TB HDD,
    250GB SSD,
    NVIDIA GTX 1080,
    Windows 10 Home 64bit

Any ideas how I can get the fps higher when in game, is it capped somewhere in an ini file?

11. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    I have similar specs as yours, Win10 Pro 64bit on same cpu oc@4.5ghz and 1080 also o'clocked.
    I also noticed the oculus tool showing frames locked at 45fps but I am certain that is just a bug in the tool with RRRE because in game without that running the frame rate is obviously holding 90fps. Those other settings are specific to the Vive and have no effect for Rift as far as I can tell because they do nothing and I just left them off - I think they are equivalent of our Asynchronous Time Warp and Asynchronous Space Warp, ATW & ASW.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Frank25

Frank25 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    I don't think that there's a bug in the "OculusDebugTool". The performance of Raceroom is just too poor due to DX9 to get 90 FPS and so it's permanently running only with 45 FPS and ASW during a race. When you move your head very fast to the side, you'll recognize ghost images, what is a clear evidence, that ASW is working. I only get 90 FPS in the game menus before I start a race. The loading screen before a race seems to be locked to 30 FPS by the game and so ASW tries to get 22,5 FPS (4x 22,5 FPS = 90 FPS), but that does not work very well and the loading screen is studdering as hell, when you move your head.

• Informative Informative x 1
    Zuletzt bearbeitet: 29. Januar 2017
  13. -= Rooooney =-

-= Rooooney =- New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I could solve the problem. I can't say exactly what the problem was, but I can write what I did. ;)

- deleted all RaceRoom Programs via Features and Functions (RaceRoom Game, RaceRoom Dedicated Server, RaceRoom Launcher)
    - afterwards I deleted the folder "RaceRoom Racing" in my Steam folder (there where somer more files like SweetFX etc (I think this part is key!!)
    - restarted the computer
    - new Installation of RaceRoom Racing
    - meanwhile I checked Direct X Updates, .Net Driver, and Visual C++ Driver

- After Installation was complete, restart PC again (it didnt worked before)
    - then I started the game in non-VR Mode (Launcher is installing itself)
    - if it was successful startin in "-vr 2.0" mode and disable "Steam VR Kino"
    - now it should run fine.

Plz: Dont forget to save your Settings, and Controlls in SimBin ;)

14. rubbaDuck

rubbaDuck Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Just wanted to say Thank You to Sector 3 devs..... Raceroom in VR is simply amazing. :) Running fine with
    • Rift CV1
    • GTX980
    • i7 4790k
    • 20GB RAM
    • -vr 1.8, medium settings and 12 AI drivers
    Also love the updated AI...finally they stopped pushing me off the track when driving side-by-side on Redbull Ring. ;)

15. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    I am not getting this experience at all that you mention Frank25. Happy to say that I can look sideways and all around the perimeters of my vision and everything is smooth and clear without any sort of blurring, double images, ghost images or judder.

I know when ATW or ASW is operating under strain of heavy load and have experienced it alot in Project Cars at maximum settings, very rarely in Assetto, never in Dirt Rally and now RRRE is very stable image at my current settings. I have also used the debug tool extensively in those sims and it is only in RRRE it stays fixed on 45fps but to me it clearly is running fine at 90fps. There is no doubt some reason this differs per system, could be cpu and how it handles cores and/or threading plus more revs in the gpu.

16. MrTay.

MrTay. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for your help on this. The issue turned about to be re-calibrating Steam VR. Thanks for the added info on Mapping VR in-game!
    Although, strictly speaking, R3E doesn't support SLi it can be made to work and I'm doing so to improve it. nVidia inspector, SLi section - GPU Count 2 (where applicable) and Force AFR 2 (where applicable).
    Current settings -vr 2.0
    All in game graphic settings on max apart from-
    Tiremarks - off
    Track Animation - off
    Track Texture - Medium
    Rear View Mirror - Medium
    Shader Quality - Medium
    Visible Cars - 10 (could be more)
    Nvidia driver 372.90 to stop ASW kicking in.
    Constant 60-90fps and it looks beautiful. (Better than the competitor in my opinion)

Huge well done to whoever developed VR for Raceroom. You're a God alongside the Gods that developed the sim in the first place.

17. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    glad it was helpful. Interesting to see you're dropping settings on system more powerful than mine. I didn't notice need to drop any in game settings (aside from unsupported features) and had fluid experience at -vr 2.5. Try it out, you may not lose as much frames as you think.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Tortue G

Tortue G Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I tried again with LHD and RHD cars, and for me that's it! When moving, things on the left side are looking reduced, and thinks on the right side are looking bigger .
    I hope we will have a solution a solution for this, it's still playable, but a little bit disturbing :oops:...

19. SunnySunday

SunnySunday Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Are you guys actually getting 90 fps locked? Or are you all running with asynchronous reprojection on?

The only way I can get 90 fps is by running resolution scale at 1.2 at the most, run all settings on low with one or two setting at medium, and drive by myself. If i add AI it doesn't matter if I put down all settings on low. I'm still dropping frames.

Even though I love R3E in VR, it is almost not playable without asynchronous reprojection. And sure it works to play with that on but I really don't like it. Compared to Assetto corsa where I can lock 90fps with medium settings, 15-18 AI and 1.4 resolution scale plus AA and other things, R3E is really falling short right now.

Anyway I'm still excited about the VR implementation, and it has brought me back to this game. If you guys could squeeze a little more performance out of your engine that would be awesome! Thanks for your hard work Sector3.

System:
    i5 4690
    ZOTAC GTX 1070 AMP Edition
    8 Gb ram
    Win 10

20. Frank25

Frank25 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    The guys who claim to have 90 fps locked with medium settings have absolute highend CPUs. Maybe that's the reason, but I can't really believe that. I get constant 45 fps with ASW with -vr 2.0, medium settings and 14 AI and visible cars. That's OK for me at the moment. But of course I hope for further improvements in the future.