OpenVR support

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RaceRoom, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Thomaso

Thomaso Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    This guy does a VR review and at 03.22 he describes this issue I belive:

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  2. HeyZuZe

HeyZuZe New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I get the 3d out of sync issue also, 1070 and CV1 but my main problem is I bound the reset camera button but it only worked the first time I run in VR now even if I rebind the key the view wont rest! anyone had this issue?

Just to say its great that raceroom is working in VR thanks Sector3

3. Rodolfo

Rodolfo New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Since VR is working, R3E is becoming ma favorite sim!

• Like Like x 2
  4. realstinger

realstinger New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I have finally got vr working, with the assistance of the raceroom support team! My issue was the msi gaming app running in the background, maybe that information will be useful for someone else at some point. I have to say, i am very impressed with this as a first time beta type experience, the sounds in this game really help with the immersion too. Enough typing..i am off to race!!! :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  5. Hammerark

Hammerark New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Everything runs fairly well for me except the jittery image when the cars are moving. Whether I have it on lowest settings with -vr 1.5 or higher settings and -vr 2.8 I still get the same odd jittery movement on moving objects. The frame rate itself seems stable enough and I was able to do a 16 lap 16 car race around Bathurst without a glitch which was awesome fun.
    Specs:
    i7 5930k o.c to 4.6, 2x Titan X (non pascal) only using one for RR. 32GB Panram Ninja DDR4 2400MHz, RR installed on Samsung Evo 850 1TB SSD.

6. demondias

demondias New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have managed to get the game running on my HTC Vive, and am very impressed, but how can I mirror the display onto a secondary monitor so people can watch the driving?

7. JakkeFin

JakkeFin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    Right click vive headset icon and select mirror display or check steamvr mirror option

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. samyxite

samyxite Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    The game stopped working after Steam VR update yesterday. Is there a way to work through that?

9. Kitsune Magyar

Kitsune Magyar Professional Betatester Developer

Ratings:
    +9,236 / 0 / -0
    Because of course it did. I'll notify the team once they arrive and see if a workaround is possible.

10. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    I got the SteamVR update about 18 hours ago and no problems running RRRE. @samyxite ~ suggest you uninstall then reinstall SteamVR and/or clear you game cache etc. or just reboot and try running again. I just raced again only now and everything booted properly for me.

11. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    It worked for me too after the update

12. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Me three

13. Kitsune Magyar

Kitsune Magyar Professional Betatester Developer

Ratings:
    +9,236 / 0 / -0
    Hm, perhaps this is dependent on a brand or specific version of VR. (Or hopefully a fresh install solves it!)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Hell-Fiend™

Hell-Fiend™ Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    hey man it seems like ur actively replying :p so did u guys figure out a way to optimize it a bit more or ur still work on it

15. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    We have some multithreading in testing, seems to improve a bit. Allowed a tester to go from 2.5 to 2.8 and reduced the occurence of sudden 2D frames.

We're also looking into what @pixeljetstream mentioned as well as experimenting with some lower poly versions of track assets. Right now, sadly, lod setting for tracks only tell if certain objects should be rendered or not. There isn't (like for cars) a lower res version of the assets to draw at certain distances.
    So if you look at the paddock building of Spa from the other side of the track, you actually see the building as complex as it is up close.
    So yeah, there are paths of investigations for improvements ahead for sure.

• Like Like x 8
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  16. Hell-Fiend™

Hell-Fiend™ Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Thank you JF for your reply. Ive noticied it differs from track to track. If you are able to turn off the Crowds for example that might help.

17. Rodolfo

Rodolfo New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I found an interesting test where they compare HT on/off with some games. I found it over Intel-site:

http://digiworthy.com/2016/12/13/intel-hyper-threading-worth-it-for-gamers/

• Like Like x 1
  18. Thomaso

Thomaso Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Having tested the Oculus Dk2 and the Vive back to back, I can´t wait for the magic ASW to come to the vive. What I found was that the Dk2 vastly outperformed my vive by a factor of....thousand? I mean I could not stand using the vive in comparison.

Having 45fps (or 37,5 since it is 75hz) with ASW always on (doubling the actual framerate) enabled in my DK2 is my goto setting at the moment, despite artifacts.

And it did work after the update to :)

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  19. samyxite

samyxite Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I did a reboot and everything is back to normal.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. spyshagg

spyshagg Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    i am having huge stutters. Anyone else? unplayable like this. Not happening on assetto or LFS.