OpenVR support

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RaceRoom, Jan 25, 2017.

1. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    opencomposite works with new ui and you cant use old ui

2. sergeich

sergeich Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    o_O 2021 year ... DirectX 9 was released ~20(!!!!!!!) years ago...
    ::facepalm::

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. ruminguyen

ruminguyen New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    thanks
    very detailed

works well now

4. TeamPlayWins

TeamPlayWins New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    RaceRoom is my favorite sim, but it's a shame I can't use my shinny new Quest2 with it to get better immersion.

Brandon, your description of the problem was spot on - I have the exact same issue, to a perfect replica.
    So, the fix seems to be OpenComposite.
    I did downloaded it from github, but when installing, windows is warning me that it might harm the system.

Could you please share the download link you used and also let us know if you had any stability/hacking issues with your system after installing OpenComposite?
    Also, did you installed it system wide or just the DLL for RaceRoom?

Your answer is much anticipated and appreciated!
    Cheers.

5. Sami Viljanen

Sami Viljanen Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I tested RaceRoom Experience during May free to play campaign and i liked game so much that i bought straight Pro package (maybe i update that later to cover all remaining content but it will be need to buy base desicions)

I have used VR for racing a lot all the way from HTC Vive, Vive Pro, Index Valve, Pimax 5K+ and now G2 Reverb with SteamVR counter over 5000 hours so lot of racing with VR (I have also few seasons have had in Iracing top 3 amount of starts in GTE series)

I also have all major racing titles (IRacing, ACC, RF2, AC and AMS2) so i have some good possibilities to make benchmarking using fpsVR tool. I attached logs and i can see that RaceRoom Experience runs very good with my PC setup (I7-12700K, 32 GB DDR4 and 2080Ti). Average FPS are close to 90 running game with 80% SS and what i could say high vr settings.

I also like generally feeling/athmosphere RaceRoom Experience has so i will for sure be doing more races and i find some interesting GT car leagues will be there. I also tested Dedicated Server installting that to one of my free PC's and it was quite smooth. I just to make sure NAT configuration is correct if i ever wish to host some races/series. I was thinking some DMT Scancinavian summer series "Lilla Sverige" as there are some nice Swedish racetracks on game.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    Last edited: May 27, 2022
  6. A Warringa

A Warringa New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    That's very interesting Sami. I have a I9 9900 + 32gb + 2080S and a G2. I can run Iracing at 100% and get a stable 90fps in a full race. Assetto at 80% ss to get a stable 90fps on all tracks in a full race.

Raceroom - I need to run it at 60% with practically all details to a bare minimum to get 90fps in a race. It looks horrible compared to my other sims due to the low supersampling.

Would you mind posting your settings here? Was there anything else that you did to get this results? Any 3rd party tools?
    I LOVE raceroom but I practically stopped playing it because it performs so poorly under WMR for me. I'm really surprised that you get 90fps with a G2 on a lower system than mine and would love to figure out how you managed that :)

7. Sami Viljanen

Sami Viljanen Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Hmm I think you probably misunderstood something. i have latest Gen 12 2nd most powerfull Intel CPU I7-12700K, Asus 2080 TI, 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz and very fast Sansung SSD's. I think overall my setup is at least 35 to 40% more effective than your setup so i wouldnt be suprised it runs it better.

I belive biggest reason why RaceRoom experience runs so well is that there is very powerfull CPU running it on my setup.

i will post my settings later.

8. A Warringa

A Warringa New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    You're right, I don't have much knowledge about cpu speeds. I saw you have an I7, I have an I9 so my simple brain thought mine would be faster :) I checked a benchmark site an saw your cpu is 16% faster than mine, and I somehow thought that a Super was faster than the TI, but that's not the case I see.

But it does show how poorly optimized Raceroom is for VR, especially with WMR. An OpenXR fix was released lately to bypass SteamVR for some sims and that gives a great boost, but unfortunately that doesn't work with Raceroom thanks to them using dx9. Raceroom is the only VR sim that I can't get running at a decent graphic quality. Even ACC now runs better with the OpenXR fix.

Still very interested in your settings, maybe I can get some gain from that :)

9. Sami Viljanen

Sami Viljanen Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Well i do not know which benchmarking site you are looking but I7-12900K is far more faster/powerfull than 16% if performance is calculated (I used to have i5-9600K till last spring) but thats not the point anyway :). In CPU performance just looking pure processor speed is not main thing but there are also also other factors to consider.

I have to disagree about poor optimisation of VR (based on my own experiences what i have seen now). As i showed with my performance graphs RaceRoom Experience runs at least in high end gaming PC (what you really need to have if you wish to do VR gaming) very well actually. It is actually equal in performance with Iracing and AMS2 which are now probably best optimised VR titles.

10. Pape78

Pape78 New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Raceroom is simply insanely CPU limited.
    I have now replaced my 5600x with the 5800x3d and the simulation now runs smoothly at 90 fps with 76% supersampling with the HP reverb G2.
    Unfortunately Raceroom needs CPU power. But then it runs flawlessly and looks really good in VR.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Surge

Surge New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I have a regular 5800x and have been wondering if the upgrade to a 3d would help me. What GPU do you have? Does the extra cache help prevent dips in vr too?

Would you share how you run the game exactly? I am still confused about the three different environments that start up at random. Sometimes I end up in a blue tiny theater, sometimes the Steam Home environment, and sometimes the WMR environment. I never know why I end up in any of them. I was launching the game with the -cefEnableGPU -vr 2.0 switch but I'm not sure if that's only affecting menus (chromium stuff?) or the whole game. It seems to affect the game as it seems to look nicer with 2.0 than 1.5. When I have this switch in use I run the game without the Steam VR option. Without the switch I run it with the Steam VR option. It only seems to prompt for these options if you click Play from the steam library. Still the environments it takes me to make no sense to me.

Also on wednesday last week VR was working well and by friday it went to crap. I don't know why. I much prefer racing in VR but it's very hard to keep it working decently with all the moving parts and options like WMR, WMR for Steam, Steam VR, OpenXR runtime by Steam or by WMR, etc. It's quite confusing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. OlivierMDVY

OlivierMDVY Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Someone here still use the OpenComposite from the Iron Wolf? Because it doesn't work well with the new UI, some screens won't open (such as the options, video stettings and so on...)

13. oops

oops Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hi all, did anyone get R3E working with Opencomposite, if so could you explain how I've been all over the net and can't find a definitive answer?
    I'm using a quest pro via link cable and my spec is i9 with 4090 but I just can't get it working properly, especially the menu they don't seem to work anymore.

14. OlivierMDVY

OlivierMDVY Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Ok I've fixed my issue.

So what was the issue: the screens such as the Options, Car setup... were empty and no way to go back to the previous screen

How have I solved the issue ? In the \Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\BrowserData\Cache folder I've deleted everything.

Now it's working fine.

• Like Like x 2
  15. P. Byloos

P. Byloos New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Raceroom is crashing after press escape for go to garage

16. P. Byloos

P. Byloos New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What to do?

17. buddyspike

buddyspike New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I know this is very old post , but did anyone find solution for this?
    I'm using Varjo Aero and the resolution in VR seems less than 200x200 with MASSIVE aliasing. No other game has this issue.