FFB Update Discussion Thread (June 2021)

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Thomas Jansen, Jun 23, 2021.

1. bksz

bksz New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Id love a dd1/dd2 user thats super satisfied with their FFB to share settings.

Im not overwhelmed at all. To me it feels similar as i had it previously set up with the old FFB, with some tweaks.

And i dont agree thats identical to iRacing. Its a step towards it, but it has a long way to get to it.

I dont feel the weight shift enough when i turn the wheel left to right or vice versa, or under breaking. This iRacing does better than any other sim. FWDs are good, i do like it, but even there, the weight shift is not that obvious like in iRacing.

2. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    Where did you get your Truedrive profile from? At the moment I'm just pressing 'Add', selecting RRE, and hitting 'ok'. It does through up some info re 2019, but that seems too long ago to be relevent. I'm having a bad time getting 1:1 wheel rotation syncing atm.

3. Paul Habets

Paul Habets New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Mijn game crashte van training naar beste tijd in rangschikking.

Attached Files:

4. Vantskruv

Vantskruv Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    I am using these settings:
    https://community.granitedevices.com/t/raceroom-and-simucube-2-post-december-2019-update/4249/56

Also make sure to set the option in R3E to match animation with wheel (somewhere in the options, do not remember where, I think that option is in the graphics menu).

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    when I set the race to 6 laps I have to drive 7 laps before the race is over. Also Chief Crew say in lap 6 "final Lap" but when I pass the finish line there is just an extra lap to go before the race ends (Lap 7) . It is not the outlap. That one is no.8.
    Strange... :eek:

6. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Well, yes, you can use FFB meter to make sure the FFB is low enough not to stress the motor too much.

7. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I agree with you here. I stepped away from this title due to the dull and mushy feedback. I jumped back in with the update and it has improved in terms of front end feel and feedback but I still find it has too much smoothing in the overall force feedback, but at the same time a little clunky in the tire scrub effect and curbs. The scrub effect also feels more like a blown tire than a scrub vibration (need higher frequency here).

It's a step in the right direction, but I don't know if it will draw me back into the title.

8. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    Both 'effects' are completely physics based now and in no way canned effects. So engine vibes only occur, whenever there's a change in load. Vibrations are noticable the most when going off throttle and the revs start decreasing again after having increased before. Or when revs reach the point where the engine idles in neutral again. That's the reason for not really feeling them when going straight, where you usually don't modulate the throttle much.
    Same goes for the shift 'effect': that jolt is not caused by just engaging the gear. It rather occurs when you or the automatic transmission clutch back in and torque gets transmitted. There's even a difference in how strong that jolt is, depending on how much torque difference there is at the moment of the gear change.
    Just try shifting when coasting Vs shifting under full load...

Oli

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Olaf Hülse

Olaf Hülse Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    What's your linearity setting? It might amplify too much and thereby creates a 'washed' feeling.
    Greetings

• Like Like x 1
  10. Enrik

Enrik Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Thank You very much, this is very important to know.

11. Bulld0gUK

Bulld0gUK Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Here's my current settings if it's any help to someone.

Fanatec CSW V2.5

Settings :

SEN Auto
    FF 100%
    DRI -1 or -2
    FEI 100
    FOR 100%
    SPR 100%
    DPR 100%
    SHO 100%

In Game Settings :

FFB Strength 100%
    FFB Linearity 100%
    FFB Min Force 0%
    FFB Max Force 100%
    Stationary Friction 50%
    Engine Vibrations 0%
    Bump Amplification 40%
    Gearshift Effect 25%

12. ole.pophal

ole.pophal New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, good to know! Did you check DRI 0/Off?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    The way you are doing things is absolutely fine. If you have loads of torque available you probably won't want to use it all so by all means set it where you want. With a DD and as long as you are running decent torque you will get all the information you need at whatever level you choose. The method of running all the way up to the clipping line is really for those of us with weaker wheels to make sure we maximise the information available.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  14. Flamedphoenix

Flamedphoenix Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +127 / 0 / -0
    FFB is ok, but the drop of the Understeer and Oversteer effect is very disappointing. Now I basically dont feel both of them as Logitech in general has a poor FFB and just spin away in case of oversteer. Unfortunally after physics update another step in the wrong direction..

15. Scotty G

Scotty G Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    For the Logitech gang:

I see some differences between the controlsets for say "Logitech G27 Paddle Shift" and "RaceRoom EvO Logitech G27 Paddle"

I also feel like there is a difference in the FFB when I switch between them (the EvO feels heavier?). Is there something there in the code that would cause this?

16. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    absolutely not :eek: I find the R3E FFB so much better than iracing's. Even R3E's old FFB was better. at least with my simucube.

• Like Like x 1
  17. TDIdriving

TDIdriving Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I use the same but with all DI Input Effects on 100% like Sector 3 suggested. They said allow damping but avoid damping in True Drive. With 100% on the DI effects you allow damping if the game wants to use it. I tried both settings with 0 and 100 and only feel a slight difference or nearly the same (it can be placebo too) ...but after all the new FFB is really great

18. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    It's only needed for stationary friction in the pits. Nothing you can feel while driving if I understand the setting correct.

• Like Like x 1
  19. A Warringa

A Warringa New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Love the new ffb update. Upgraded from a G29 to a TS-PC a couple of months ago and no matter which settings I tried, the ffb felt horrible. Maybe it was because of the TS-PC that I felt how lacking the old ffb was.

I redid my controller setup and I could NOT get my wheel matching 1:1 with the wheel in the game again. Took me an hour to figure out that that option is somewhere in the graphics menu.. that 'match to wheel' option should really be in the controller settings menu.

Anyway, while I now can feel what the car is doing and easily can catch slides, it feels a bit weak. I can increase the ffb, but when I think the forces feel 'normal' my ffb meter hits the red way too much. When dialed in correctly.. the strength feels just a bit too weak to my liking. I've set my strength to 100% btw.

Nothing beats IRffb for Iracing yet, but I'm very pleased with the huge ffb improvement we've gotten with this update.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  20. fbiehne

fbiehne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +110 / 0 / -0
    Impressive update, makes the cars so much more alive! The FR90 now....wow. :eek:

• Like Like x 1