News RaceRoom Ranked Championship

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, May 2, 2022.

1. Ian Peiffer

Ian Peiffer New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Because, they saw that there is less people who joined the ranked Event when it was in the weekend than when it was on Wednesday

2. Hendrick

Hendrick Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    Credit to the devs for the hard work behind the scenes. But lets be clear for a moment...… we have already seen this system in place on their esports for many years right? I guess the Monday Community races were just a test run for this right? Is there a need to have an additional ranked system given its lower online users? I'm sure they did the logistics on this but to me its just like the esports championship events. The focus and market for this is Europe as usual so its not accessible to WORLDWIDE users. I was hoping for a ranked system that would allow a championship schedule, 24/7 weekly based for convenience, pick classes you like, your best points formula for that week carries over to next week/round and so on. An esports type format event not for me but I do wish it success and sure plenty will enjoy it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Ian Peiffer

Ian Peiffer New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Honestly, the game is a mostly European game, played by mostly Europeans.
    And before you cry foul, it doesn't say that it's only for Europe, it's just that the schedule is based on the European time zone.
    So, if people outside Europe want to participate, they can participate

4. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    For the non Euro time zone players, I think you have to wait and see how this evolves. If they system works and is popular then I am sure there will be similar champs organised for other time zones, but they have to start somewhere.

I am not able to play during the week anyway so the time is not an issue for me. If it is successful then maybe in the future there will be multiple race days but right now I think it would just cannibalise the main event as the ranked servers have pretty much put to bed public dedi servers.

With a bigger player base then things can happen and it is the same with car choice. If they put Group C, for instance, then there would be less entries as they are not popular.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Hendrick

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    I agree most user base is European so those time zones make sense. But the ping limit set tells me all I need to know worldwide users will not get a sniff of this service :(

6. ShortyBuzzGER

ShortyBuzzGER Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Because staff doesn't work on weekends. ALso all esport-events are happening during the week and not on weekends.

7. Stickdeath1980

Stickdeath1980 Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Yeah count Asia,Aus,NZ,maybe some amercians because of ping issues so their is that too,Hell i stop playing because of that ping limit was either am i going to get kicked today in ranked was like threading a needle

8. Racer74

Racer74 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Make the whole thing more flexible where we can decide when and what to race. Most of us (aged racers :)) have fixed weekly schedules. So that’s why I liked the competitions as the cupra in 2021 most. Besides that I appreciate the hard work that all you Devs have invested to make R3E stay the best racing sim.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hendrick

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    Exactly my point as some are already on the bubble with that set ping limit. Iv already had enough problems with it on ranked multiplayer. We talk about the product not having enough people online. Once you get kicked out and take that rep/safety hit what's the motivation to keep playing? I'm not saying compromise the quality. But they need to find the right balance. Online should never be region specific. We all equally deserve a fair chance, thank you :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Currently at 22h30 CET there are only 640 people playing RRE, including single player mode, whereas ACC has 4k and AC double that. Regarding ranked these are the numbers. Less than 100 players and many empty servers

Screenshot 2022-05-03 at 22-37-02 R3E - Beta Multiplayer Rankings.png

The ping thing is to stop laggy players ruining races by floating around the track and hitting or being hit by other cars.

Until, if ever, RRE player numbers are consistently above 1k on a 24h basis, there is not likely to be a system for other regions nor can there not be a ping limit on the main one as it woud be a shit show.

Let´s see how the first attempt runs and I am sure there will be changes for the better.

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: May 3, 2022
  11. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Ping limit is not there to gate players, it's there to ensure proper quality of multiplayer interactions. The way Raceroom servers work, a few high ping players is okay, but once there's more of them, the lag increases for everyone. That's why they can't just set it to 500-700 and invite everyone from around the globe.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hendrick

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    Noted but on dedicated servers we mostly use ping limit 500 (default) and that works very well for people around the world without compromising the quality of the race.

13. J.Bell

J.Bell New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Warum bekommt man keine Emailbestätigung das die Anmeldung angekommen ist. Wäre sehr nützlich damit man weis das die richtig angekommen ist.

14. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Nah, it's going to be the same people in every split, every round, and every championship. It's ridiculous that the rookie servers will only have top drivers in them; that particular championship should be randomly selected from drivers with rankings from, say 1400-1599, you know, like, actual rookies.
    The others should be similar: Silver min. rep 80, random drivers from 1600-1799, then gold: min. rep 90, random drivers ranked 1800+
    That's far fairer and gives everyone a chance.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  15. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    This is an interesting point. In the original publicity it says rookie entries are open to anyone however the twitter blurb says Slots are limited though, so be sure to level up your Ratings on the Daily Ranked Servers to increase your chances to be invited!

I do hope the former is true otherwise is it just going to be another esports event with the same usual drivers that no one watches?

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: May 5, 2022
  16. J.Bell

J.Bell New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Was mache ich falsch ? Ich habe mich direkt nach erscheinen der Anmeldung zum Ranked Championship angemeldet. meine Reputation ist 95 und Rating 1795. Warum erhalte ich keine Einladung ? Warum kann ich den Wettbewerb fahren, erscheine aber mit einer 2:05 Zeit nicht in der Liste. Irgend wie verstehe ich das Sytem nicht was hier gemacht wurde !!

17. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    its not guaranteed you will get invitation, but check dates of races, first one is still some time off

18. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Well it is open to everyone in terms of reputation, and anyone can apply. The problem is with limited slots not everyone who applies will be selected to take part.its a real shame it can't be expanded to allow anyone to race but as yet it's all done manually, it's just not possible to admin it. Apparently they are working on automating the whole system so hopefully in the future it will be better. But I agree, it's less that ideal.

19. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    so be sure to level up your Ratings on the Daily Ranked Servers to increase your chances to be invited!

That´s the part I dont like so much, whether people are selected manually or by computer, rating should not be a barrier to entry. In fact, if there is true matchmaking then ideally you want people with a wide range of ratings.

Having read the rules, it seems however that lower rated players will have no chance of winning because they will score less points in the first round so even if they move up a tier afterwards (assuming the tiers are dynamic) they are handicapped. So higher rating would mean higher chance of winning, not being selected.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: May 5, 2022
  20. J.Bell

J.Bell New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, aber da hab ich kein Verständnis für warum das so ist. Viele andere Fahrer mit denen ich sehr offt fast jeden Tag auf dem Rankend Server fahre sind in der List nur ich nicht. Nach welchen Kriterien wird da aus gesiebt ? Nach Reputation und Rating aber bestimmt nicht ! Ist mir einfach unverständlich !!